Aeroclassics June 2024 Releases

I would imagine that people that collect Hot Wheels are far more responsible than the toxic people in this hobby.
I'd actually say that hobby tends to be insufferable when it comes to the collectors themselves. At least in this hobby, you have a fairly good chance of getting a popular model upon release however with Hot Wheels, the collectors will buy out new releases of some soight after car and then go to resell them for some ungodly price. Also for the most part, I've found that the collectors here tend to be nicer and more mature. There are the occasional exceptions tho.

At least in this hobby, you have a fairly good chance of getting a popular model upon release however with Hot Wheels, the collectors will buy out new releases of some soight after car and then go to resell them for some ungodly price.

That mainly applies to modern subjects since all brands jump all over them, and many brands also don't have any qualms with producing extra units to meet the demand, precisely to keep the profits in-house instead of giving it to the second-hand market (eBay) folks.

There are no good chances of getting a copy of most Aeroclassics 747s from the pre-2007 era, for example.

Also, some well-known eBay sellers have historically specialized in buying Aeroclassics (and some of the other brands known for "rarity") only to re-sell them at a higher price. However, this seems to be coming to an end. I'm not sure if it is today's competition, the fact that today's Aeroclassics are not as nice as they were 10 years ago, or maybe it is that I no longer keep track of that market the way I used to.

You know when I first started collecting 1/400 scale models, I really never expected the hobby to have so much drama😭
From the retailer side it's a bit amazing as well, before I became a large retailer, another very well known retailer was actually cordial. Once I became a retailer with a lot of buying power, I became mortal enemy #1 because I infringed upon someone's world. It's crazy!!! That person has since been banned from all my social media and since has been kind of self imploding anyways.

You really have to pity Andrew. I met him last year and he was all nice as pie in person but behind a keyboard he's a total embarrassment. Perhaps next time I meet him I shouldn't be as friendly?

Anyway over at 400sh*thole he's raging like a 5 year old because the moderators at DAC deleted a couple of his rants. The irony is I had nothing to do with his posts being deleted. The moderators at DAC aren't friends of mine but even they are sick of his tirades and vile hate filled lies.

What a loathesome individual. He makes me sound like some machiavellian mastermind. I wish I had some of the powers he attributes to me. I also find it entertaining that he thinks that a professional Business Analyst (and contracting one to boot) can be bought for the price of a few models being sent him for reviews (by every brand aside from his and GJ):

View attachment 31121

Which of you want to be the 6-8 imbeciles??
If only I had the startup capital, I could solve this problem in 5 seconds by starting a new manufacturer focused on models from the 70s to the 90s, made to today's standards, with fastidious QC policies and responsiveness to collector input, reviews, and criticism. His customer base would vanish in an instant.

If only I had the startup capital, I could solve this problem in 5 seconds by starting a new manufacturer focused on models from the 70s to the 90s, made to today's standards, with fastidious QC policies and responsiveness to collector input, reviews, and criticism. His customer base would vanish in an instant.

I'm sure @planes_on_a_shelf will pitch in a couple of bucks for the cause.

You seem to have forgotten about the sales revenue that would be generated.
If that happens the only money that will disappear is mein. But in all honesty if I had my own brand I would have tried to 3d print the landing gears and engines to reach the highest possible accuracy

You seem to have forgotten about the sales revenue that would be generated.
No I haven't, but I think I'm aware of what it would take beforehand to generate revenue with a niche product. I can't image you'd get out of all this with anything at least close to a positive ROI.
Don't get me wrong, 1950's to 1970's is what I want, so I'd highly welcome anyone to enter the scene with Aeroclassics subjects at NG/Panda... level of quality. I just don't see this happening from a business point of view - at least not for an "all classics" startup that isn't just in to burn dollars. AC at some point went into modern subjects as well, because these earn the money to pay the bills.