Aeroclassics July 2023 speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't anyone just stick to what the creator of a content asked for?
If it's posted to forum A with the desire to have it there exclusive, then keep it there.
Is it so hard to stick by someones request?
And then people start wondering why good content gets a rarity or why pictures come with watermarks all over it....
Not to mention that it is really easy to sign up for 400SH and see the hints. People don’t even have to participate if they do not wish to. Clearly AC hints are still enjoyed by many. Long tradition of the hobby.

It's not about rules, but deference. If people would show the latter you wouldn't need the first.
In this case I disagree with you. It's ludicrous to post information in public then tell people not to share it. Plus the manner in which the decree was delivered, with the usual threats and bluster should make defiance mandatory frankly. Why should people show deference to someone who is so disrespectful to everyone else? As always one rule for him and another for everyone else.

As for signing up for 400SH there's good reason not to isn't there?

Copyrighted pictures are posted for everyone to see too, but that doesn't mean you can use it when it's clearly stated that it's not allowed. This Leaky Steve is (as he said himself) a hypocrit and disrespectful to Andrew. Do people really think that you can fight fire with fire? This is just continuing the discussion on purpose and asking for a negative response by Andrew. I may not agree with many things he said, but you guys are doing the exact same thing now, so don't point fingers when he calls your name.

In this case I disagree with you. It's ludicrous to post information in public then tell people not to share it. Plus the manner in which the decree was delivered, with the usual threats and bluster should make defiance mandatory frankly. Why should people show deference to someone who is so disrespectful to everyone else? As always one rule for him and another for everyone else.

As for signing up for 400SH there's good reason not to isn't there?
You realize I posted this on a general note, not in regards to "him".
I don't care about those guesses (or about AC's stuff in general today)
I'm tired of all this Kindergarten sandpit crap around it. And this is just starting the next round of bullshit.

Copyrighted pictures are posted for everyone to see too, but that doesn't mean you can use it when it's clearly stated that it's not allowed. This Leaky Steve is (as he said himself) a hypocrit and disrespectful to Andrew. Do people really think that you can fight fire with fire? This is just continuing the discussion on purpose and asking for a negative response by Andrew. I may not agree with many things he said, but you guys are doing the exact same thing now, so don't point fingers when he calls your name.
This is hardly copyrighted pictures. It is a few bits of text on a public forum.

Anyway I've got nothing to do with this. I didn't leak them and I'm not that user. After all I'm not even on the forum and I'm certainly not childish enough to pretend to be somebody else.

Being disrespectful to AK is exactly what he deserves. Fighting 'fire with fire' is the only thing he understands. You know that the negative responses are going to come anyway regardless. Why anyone should do what he says is beyond me frankly.

EDIT - I note Klein literally just yesterday called me 'NG's Chief Apologist' on DAC on a thread I'm not even participating in. Yet I should hold my tongue and not 'go down to his level'. Turn the other cheek? This double standard makes me sick.

Last edited:
You realize I posted this on a general note, not in regards to "him".
I don't care about those guesses (or about AC's stuff in general today)
I'm tired of all this Kindergarten sandpit crap around it. And this is just starting the next round of bullshit.
If you're tired of it you should stand up against it rather than pretend it isn't happening and hoping it goes away, because sadly he isn't going away fast enough.

Regardless it is ludicrous to expect people to do what they're told. You know it, I know it. How exactly does he think he can stop anonymous users from posting this stuff?

If you're tired of it you should stand up against it

There are more important things to stand up against than some forum bickering involving someone who's always been that way for the two decades I know him.
You're also part of that bickering btw.

You've a strange definition of "posting in public" btw: The original post on 400SH is behind a login.

And that brings me back to all I demand: when you're granted the login, then stick to such request.
I myself would not only be kicked from the sites I have login-access to, but would likely also have some authorities knocking my door when I'd do what seems to be perfectly normal for todays computer kids.

There are more important things to stand up against than some forum bickering involving someone who's always been that way for the two decades I know him.
You're also part of that bickering btw.

You've a strange definition of "posting in public" btw: The original post on 400SH is behind a login.

And that brings me back to all I demand: when you're granted the login, then stick to such request.
I myself would not only be kicked from the sites I have login-access to, but would likely also have some authorities knocking my door when I'd do what seems to be perfectly normal for todays computer kids.

Is it so hard to stand up for what is right on a forum you frequent regularly? You're busy enough to criticise people on this thread but not Klein himself? You are keen to downplay the constant attacks and abuse I receive and my attempts to defend myself as 'bickering'. When have my responses not been justified? Considering the level of trolling I've been remarkably even-handed.

As I said before if it was aimed at you I'm sure you would see things differently. Instead you prefer to post textless photo comparisons with no analysis or opinion, which Klein then uses to justify his nonsensical position (that WN MAX thread made me chuckle) and pat you on the head for being a good forum user. And all the while you say nothing even though I know you're no supporter of his.

You effectively give him solace and tacit approval by ignoring his excesses, thereby enabling him to continue his abuse because 'he'll never change'. I agree he won't, which is why he should be shamed, embarrassed and excluded from everywhere possible. Connor agreed, which is why he expelled him from this forum.

I don't think you can compare a password protected discussion forum to any other password protected site, with proprietry information on it. The data on the forum is literally provided by the users themselves! Why is it password protected anyway? It's never made any sense to be as a forum. Completely counter-productive to exclude people from seeing what they might want to sign-up for, in the same way actively stopping people discussing and advertising a product they may want to buy is.

Last edited:
Is it so hard to stand up for what is right on a forum you frequent regularly? You're busy enough to criticise people on this thread but not Klein himself? You are keen to downplay the constant attacks and abuse I receive and my attempts to defend myself as 'bickering'. When have my responses not been justified? Considering the level of trolling I've been remarkably even-handed.
Andrew is not here anymore so there is no way he started this. Connor clearly stated that hints may not be shared, so are we still discussing this? What's the point of defending those who go against the rules of this forum on purpose? People are doing the exact same thing now as what Andrew is being blamed for (except personal insults).

Andrew is not here anymore so there is no way he started this. Connor clearly stated that hints may not be shared, so are we still discussing this? What's the point of defending those who go against the rules of this forum on purpose? People are doing the exact same thing now as what Andrew is being blamed for (except personal insults).
That is nonsense. I don't happen to agree with Connor on this point but I have abided by the rule myself, however I don't think that stops me from discussing its application.

It is not the same as what Andrew does in almost every post he makes at all. The two rules are completely different. One relates to basic decency and not telling lies and slandering people i.e. literally breaking the law. The other relates to abiding by the proclamation of a serial abuser who has literally no right to tell other people what they can discuss and where they can discuss it. They couldn't be more different.

Aside from Andrew wanting it and a bizarre level of respect given to someone who deserves none there is zero logical reason why people shouldn't be able to discuss it anywhere they like. For example Crownvic himself told me he thought it was 'funny and non-enforceable' so the rule doesn't apply at DAC - its just you are all either too closely allied to 400SH or too in awe of Klein to disobey him.

As we discussed it is feintly amusing to me that people who are such fans of 400SH and AK spend their time on this forum at all! Not saying you shouldn't but it makes me smile.

I didn't say that you broke the rule, but it's strange to talk like Andrew is the cause of the discussion we have right now. Why do you bring him up when he isn't even involded? The only reason why we are here is because some people clearly don't care about keeping this place civil and break the one rule that was specifically made to prevent these discussions from happening again (kinda like AK with his provoking comments right?). If you disagree with Conner, then discuss it via PM or a seperate thread, but the only people who are in the wrong now are those who share the hints and those who support them doing so. Me supporting anything of anyone has nothing to do with this matter.
If MAF was made to be a peaceful place to discuss diecast models, why are the rules still being broken without Andrew? Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want.
If you have something secret, exclusively for your website or MAF, would you like it if people copied it on other places? I guess no right? Then why would it be different when AK wants his hints to be secret?

There is no reason that we shouldn't talk about AC hints if we want to, if a member from 400SH decided to leak the hints than it's he's own choice

I didn't say that you broke the rule, but it's strange to talk like Andrew is the cause of the discussion we have right now. Why do you bring him up when he isn't even involded?
You say he isn't involved but he clearly is because the only reason the rule exists is because he has demanded it and Connor being a nice lad wanted to keep the peace when AK was on here. He is no longer. My tolerance for the faction of pacifists, look the other wayers, AK lovers because they like his models and 400SH followers on here is low because their position is dubious.

The only reason why we are here is because some people clearly don't care about keeping this place civil and break the one rule that was specifically made to prevent these discussions from happening again (kinda like AK with his provoking comments right?). If you disagree with Conner, then discuss it via PM or a seperate thread, but the only people who are in the wrong now are those who share the hints and those who support them doing so. Me supporting anything of anyone has nothing to do with this matter. If MAF was made to be a peaceful place to discuss diecast models, why are the rules still being broken without Andrew? Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want.
Mark you suggesting what you have in the above message given your history of aggressively challenging the moderators on here is the height of comedy. MAF was made to be a place where people can discuss models. This is a peaceful topic and one that nobody has any sensible right to outlaw. And there is no rule I am breaking by discussing it - far more politely I might add than you managed when you got your panties in a twist over not being able to link to 400SH - a rule ironically you now want to be enforced because AK has told you it must be.
If you have something secret, exclusively for your website or MAF, would you like it if people copied it on other places? I guess no right? Then why would it be different when AK wants his hints to be secret?
There's a significant difference in having something on a private site and not a discussion forum. Are you saying the hints are copyrighted somehow? If so then surely everything written by anyone on the forum is their own personal copyrighted text?

However I'll bite. While I wasn't posting here plenty of people linked to my material from MAF. Did I get upset with them? No, because it is stupid and ludicrous to expect people to do as they are told by people who have no control over their actions and can't even identify them. In this case even more so when the person asking is rude and horrible. It would have been unreasonable for me to demand people not to post links to my material just as it is unreasonable to demand nobody discusses Aeroclassics at all (which was the original askas I recall) on other forums he doesn't control.

Last edited:
You can't listen, can you? This website (MAF) has a rule that says you can't share the AC hints here, so who are you to tell others what you can and cannot do? Are you above the moderators?
I might add this rule is not in the actual site rules. It was simply made up on the spot by Connor and never made official. It isn't written down anywhere other than being buried in this thread somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.