Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 9.10.44 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 9.11.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 9.11.29 PM.png
    828.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 9.12.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 9.12.14 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Disclaimer: This is not to dis on NG's A321s and that I'd point out that everyone should avoid AC NEO series, the wing is bent, so let's forget about that.

While some of your comments are valid, please address the following two points:

1. Cockpit window is too small on Panda/NG
2. Front gear too big -- take a look at the real photo, the A320 series' front gear has roughly the same height as the cockpit window itself.

I have around 15 NG A321s so I've taken very close looks at them. Now to some of your points:

1. I only noticed PH has that problem, it doesn't occur on my AC ones.
2. NEO so true
3. mostly NEO so true
4. Those tyre hubs look good but there are oversized.
5. Aerials are not a feature I particularly care
6. Of course they have differences, but they have the same ancestors.

I bought a lot of NG A321s recently, and a lot of AC A321s around 10 years ago, when I compare them now the ACs look more realistic.

I understand we all have different tastes when it comes to models, so it's natural we look at them differently. Personally what I look for is the "real feel", which means, nose shape, wing shape (e.g. PH 787), gear size, window size (e.g. JC 747, AC 330), what I DO NOT CARE AT ALL are 1) livery correctness, 2) stabilizer correctness (e.g. difference between A332 and A333), 3) features such as aerials, or like you said the "double-slotted" wing, etc.

BUT, some people def care, so I would suggest everyone just go with your own preferences.

If you think this Scoot release looks better than the Shenzhen then I'm not sure what to say. Also the Scoot clearly has the wrong wing on it. So you say you care for the 'real feel' and include wing shape but don't care for the fact that the wing is incorrectly shaped?

I don't see any difference in the cockpit windows and the nosegear looks far more accurate to me on the NG version.

A321s_01.png

A320Nose.PNG

The reality is there is no evidence that any A321s were cloned by anyone. All 4 of these A321 moulds look like an A321. How is that evidence of theft - and by the way does Aeroclassics own the blueprints to the A321?

Last edited:
If you think this Scoot release looks better than the Shenzhen then I'm not sure what to say. Also the Scoot clearly has the wrong wing on it. So you say you care for the 'real feel' and include wing shape but don't care for the fact that the wing is incorrectly shaped?

I don't see any difference in the cockpit windows and the nosegear looks far more accurate to me on the NG version.

View attachment 20724

View attachment 20725

The reality is there is no evidence that any A321s were cloned by anyone. All 4 of these A321 moulds look like an A321. How is that evidence of theft - and by the way does Aeroclassics own the blueprints to the A321?
Looks like the NG Chief Apologist hasn't disappointed us with his irrelevant response. As predictable as it gets!! Lets hear your apologetic remarks explaining their 47 releases for August. If the word "greed" or "greedy" does not appear in your first sentence, then I rest my case!!

8c6415403c677c29f04c2ea1fda52913.jpg

Looks like the NG Chief Apologist hasn't disappointed us with his irrelevant response. As predictable as it gets!! Lets hear your apologetic remarks explaining their 47 releases for August. If the word "greed" or "greedy" does not appear in your first sentence, then I rest my case!!
It’s a ridiculous amount of releases, we ordered very few for the store, and a very boring release set, IMO. If the trend stays true, better than 1/2 will be delayed, they can’t keep up this pace, and again trying to flood the market with mega releases monthly is just over saturating.

It’s a ridiculous amount of releases, we ordered very few for the store, and a very boring release set, IMO. If the trend stays true, better than 1/2 will be delayed, they can’t keep up this pace, and again trying to flood the market with mega releases monthly is just over saturating.
Hey Scott you're Andrew's buddy. Let me ask you - do you buy more NG Models or Aeroclassics? Is that even possible with the tiny runs from Aeroclassics nowadays? Most models are between 80 and 120 units right?

And which sells better?

Hey Scott you're Andrew's buddy. Let me ask you - do you buy more NG Models or Aeroclassics? Is that even possible with the tiny runs from Aeroclassics nowadays? Most models are between 80 and 120 units right?

And which sells better?
how is it possible to know how many units were made of a model? not just AC also NG, because i mean with the huge variety of models released by NG every month i can't imagine them making tens of thousands of models every month like GJ. although I think that NG models are usually on a higher demand than other brands so who knows!

NG most likely splits a regular batch into 2 or 3 different models with each a different registration or minor change in the livery.

And which sells better?
I am friends with Andrew but I don’t know, nor ever asked how many of each model they produce. Doesn’t really matter, I order what sells best from his releases, mostly domestic US models for us, I will typically only get a couple of his Asian releases, as Asian airlines just don’t sell that well for us. AC has fewer releases than NG so by default I buy fewer AC models from him. NG we have scaled way back on because of the shear volume of monthly releases, which is just over saturation, and IMO just becoming boring for us and our customers. We see that trend happening and happening fast with NG right now.
Since we carry just about all the brands, there isn’t one that sells better than another in reality. Today we sold a ton of JCWings 200 scale models in the store, yesterday it was a mix of Gemini and Phoenix. Online is a combination of everything, so there isn’t one brand that overpowers another one. Taking our friendship out of the equation, I prefer Andrews lower release set and even Pandas who is an every other month release set. It gives folks a chance to breathe and not be bombarded with the massive release sets we are seeing from several of the big brands.

how is it possible to know how many units were made of a model? not just AC also NG, because i mean with the huge variety of models released by NG every month i can't imagine them making tens of thousands of models every month like GJ. although I think that NG models are usually on a higher demand than other brands so who knows!
Because I talk to people involved in the industry and listen to people who know what they're talking about.

GJ don't make tens of thousands of models a month. They once made 1000 units a release but those days are long long gone. Nowadays if they got to 500 per release it'd be a surprise. So with about 10 releases a month I'd expect they'll make around 3-4,000 400 scale a month all up.

Aeroclassics make a tiny fraction of that - more like 1-1,200.

and as long as the noses aren't dart shaped and the wing seam fits the fuselage. There has been some dreadful QC in recent times.
Re. the poor cradle-mount fitment, I’ve noticed this particularly on the B.727-100 & Ty-154 toolings, both of which were resurrected from the dead in 2020.

That issue has affected both since their reintroduction, especially the 721 which, as I understand it, was previously a broken mould and unavailable for many years. Maybe there’s a correlation with that. I’ve not had a B.727-200 or DC-9 with this problem - they’ve just had the occasional pointy nose!

One part of the mould was obviously cracked and had to be remade, either the fuselage or wing section, and that’s where there’s been a problem ever since with the cradle fitment. That, and/or poor finishing. Shame that both just didn’t get a complete retool with slotted wing fitment and other tweaks/fixes in the process!

I have 2 or 3 which are like that. Part of me is tempted to remove the wing section and fettle it with a needle file, sand it with fine grit paper, repaint and then re-seat it - but instinct is telling me not to bother, and save on a few bouts of swearing and stress 😂

Re. the poor cradle-mount fitment, I’ve noticed this particularly on the B.727-100 & Ty-154 toolings, both of which were resurrected from the dead in 2020.

That issue has affected both since their reintroduction, especially the 721 which, as I understand it, was previously a broken mould and unavailable for many years. Maybe there’s a correlation with that. I’ve not had a B.727-200 or DC-9 with this problem - they’ve just had the occasional pointy nose!

One part of the mould was obviously cracked and had to be remade, either the fuselage or wing section, and that’s where there’s been a problem ever since with the cradle fitment. That, and/or poor finishing. Shame that both just didn’t get a complete retool with slotted wing fitment and other tweaks/fixes in the process!

I have 2 or 3 which are like that. Part of me is tempted to remove the wing section and fettle it with a needle file, sand it with fine grit paper, repaint and then re-seat it - but instinct is telling me not to bother, and save on a few bouts of swearing and stress 😂

I have seen DC-9s with the issue on retailer sites and FB. The issue only affects some 727-100s so I tend to blame the construction process rather than the mould itself.

I have seen DC-9s with the issue on retailer sites and FB. The issue only affects some 727-100s so I tend to blame the construction process rather than the mould itself.
Guess I’ve been lucky then with the DC-9 at least! Ok, so it’s just down to the poor finishing of parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.