16 New Model Samples To Be Announced & On Show at the Amsterdam Fair This Weekend

I can’t wait to see the JC vs NG B747-400

You never know, JC 747 might be better like the JC 777

You can bet the GE and RR engines for the 744 are out there already; I don’t think NG has a need to send every engine type to this show, the main point must be to show the aircraft mold. Looking forward to the pictures.

Yes! There's no point in creating a 747-200/400 and develop a single engine type.

You can bet the GE and RR engines for the 744 are out there already; I don’t think NG has a need to send every engine type to this show, the main point must be to show the aircraft mold. Looking forward to the pictures.
I agree, wouldn’t be surprised if those surface alongside the PW variant sometime after the show.

I think you need to put something together for me on this I can present to them.

Pylons?
Sure, but I hope they know this already.

A -- is the pylon needed for -100s, early -200s and the SP prototype (note the straight trailing edge)
B -- is the pylon used on later built classics and retrofits (NG has that setup with their SP already)
747JT9dPylon by Alexander Kern, auf Flickr

Note that both A and B use the fixed-lip "quiet" nacelle, introduced in the early 70's.
It quickly and (almost) completely replaced the blow-in nacelle seen here on this "as classic as it gets" TWA -131 (might not be worth moulding in 400 scale, but may be interesting for artwork)
al219 by George Hamlin, auf Flickr

Picture A credit boncrechief
B credit William Musculus

Last edited:
Really enjoyed following this news all week. Definitely had a Christmas-in-September feel here in the US, checking each morning to see what new molds had been announced. As someone whose primary interest is retro models, the MD-80s and 747s obviously take the cake for me. Honestly thought it could be years before we saw either from NG.

Will be fascinating to see how their release sets shape up in the future. A lot of this excitement will dry up if say they only trickle out 1 or 2 MD-80s every couple of months. But can worry about that if/when the issue arises. For now, just super excited to see how these molds look. And if NG's showing a renewed interest in older types, it also rekindles my hopes that we could one day see some DC-9s, DC-10s, 727s, and early 737s from them.

The 747s look like something out of a dream from those pictures
More like the ultimate nightmare.

This 747-200 doesn't even have a classic wing, those are lightyears from CF6-50s or anything classic. The forward fuselage isn't great either.
Back to the drawing board, NG.

Last edited: