16 New Model Samples To Be Announced & On Show at the Amsterdam Fair This Weekend

The 747s and MD-
80 series look good. So excited. Really want to have a Midway and Reno Air MD-87
for the MD-80s my list
Alaska
TranStar
Muse Air(90s)
Republic
Continental ( Globe)
Delta ( wavy gravy)
Midwest Express
Midway
spirit (digital)
Vanguard
Frontier
Alitalia
ATI

This wingroot is ok for a 747-400 but in no way classic.
I'm biking with the kids right now so will wait for later to post more detail.

Would you have a pic of the wingtips as well. Like I said, they look -400 all the way.
Can you count the moulded LE-slats on outboard wing and compare them to the 744 mould? A "classic" has 5 while the -400 has 6 due to wingtip extensions.
I agree. 100/200's wing to body fairing join didn't have the fillet the - 400 series had which made the wing/fuselage join appear "swept". The fillet was introduced to reduce drag. May well be the photographs but it certainly looks like the - 200 shown has the shape of the fillet.

Not surprising when you consider all of the stuff AK said
Gosh seems like I missed a lot of drama on DAC with a predictably loose AK-47 rattling off aimlessly as usual and seething at the forthcoming deluge hmmmm
Sometimes staying off forums while one's busy is great.
Though this NG reveal after reveal and with today's 767s has kept me coming here Hehe phew! What more is coming now so curious

I'll make sure NG are aware of the problems

I wonder why they sent you this 742 sample at all. They'd be better off had they just officially announced one. I mean, all they have so far are the tailplanes and gears. This is a long way to go.

As for the wings "classic vs. -400" here's a quick comparison:

The real thing with as good images as I could find:
Top is a -400, bottom is a "classic" wing.
Note the number of LE-slat segements. The classic has 5 on the outer wing, while the wingtip extension adds a 6th one to the -400. The wingroot/wing-to-body fairing is as VNAV described.
With a slot-in wing design, you need two different casts for fuselages and wings.
747w by Alexander Kern, auf Flickr

For better illustration I pulled out the good old Hasegawa 744, the 741 I'm working on anyways:
Left is a -400, right is the classic. This assembly gives a pretty good idea of the wingtip extension
20230916_190112 by Alexander Kern, auf Flickr

Finally, a shot of both wingroots:
Classic to the left, -400 to the right
Please ignore my black decal artwork testfits and the filler I've yet to sand down...
747wr by Alexander Kern, auf Flickr

Would it be possible to see a top view photo of the A330neo? From the other image it seems like it has the incorrect flaptrack fairing length but I'd like to confirm with a top view photo.

More like the ultimate nightmare.

This 747-200 doesn't even have a classic wing, those are lightyears from CF6-50s or anything classic. The forward fuselage isn't great either.
Back to the drawing board, NG.
Those aren’t even trying to be GE engines. That’s the JT9D

For the fact that, the 747-200 series and 747-300 also had an upgrade in wing-fuselage attachment, which was engaged not long after the first 747-400 delivered (See attachment).

What I mean is that the 747-200 NG now display may be suitable for later version 747-200 also 747-400F (pure freighter, not converted).

Now have to wait for the 747-100 series/early version of 747-200 moulds announcement, not bad NG did this difference between the 747 series mould, when I looked back the only one 747 by Phoenix in my collection, that’s a truly disaster, I thought Joe Sutter would not forgive what Phoenix did to his plane
IMG_3158.png

I wonder why they sent you this 742 sample at all. They'd be better off had they just officially announced one. I mean, all they have so far are the tailplanes and gears. This is a long way to go

Great input. NG should put you in the payroll and they should follow these notes :)

However, we have seen NG send sample molds that are half the way in the development and they might have already noted and be working on changes. If not then they should after this. the differences between the classic and the -400 wings are really apparent to let pass.

The classics did have a retrofit on the wing root but the wing extension never happened. Not sure we can tell this from the pictures. Maybe NG is also working on the retrofit wing root for those classic 747s

Yes there’s still work for them to do based off the samples.

For the fact that, the 747-200 series and 747-300 also had an upgrade in wing-fuselage attachment, which was engaged not long after the first 747-400 delivered (See attachment).

What I mean is that the 747-200 NG now display may be suitable for later version 747-200 also 747-400F (pure freighter, not converted).

Now have to wait for the 747-100 series/early version of 747-200 moulds announcement, not bad NG did this difference between the 747 series mould, when I looked back the only one 747 by Phoenix in my collection, that’s a truly disaster, I thought Joe Sutter would not forgive what Phoenix did to his plane
View attachment 22218
The majority of - 200 series still retained the original wing/body fairing, as they were produced prior to the first - 400. The retrofitted aircraft came off the same production line post the first - 400. Most operators didn't buy into the idea due to the cost of implementing the package and the negligible saving on fuel burn (something like 0.5%). It was considered not worth doing on the earlier series.
In my experience, I can't recall ever seeing one and I do remember the "discussion" between my Company and Boeing at the time but I'm sure there are examples out there somewhere 😊

The majority of - 200 series still retained the original wing/body fairing, as they were produced prior to the first - 400. The retrofitted aircraft came off the same production line post the first - 400. Most operators didn't buy into the idea due to the cost of implementing the package and the negligible saving on fuel burn (something like 0.5%). It was considered not worth doing on the earlier series.
In my experience, I can't recall ever seeing one and I do remember the "discussion" between my Company and Boeing at the time but I'm sure there are examples out there somewhere 😊
IIRC the new fairing wasn't an option but the line simply switched from old to new with a certain number. Everything "classic" after this should have been new.

IIRC the new fairing wasn't an option but the line simply switched from old to new with a certain number. Everything "classic" after this should have been new.
That's correct, it was the retrofit part to existing fleet aeroplanes that was ill received. Don't think any operator wanted to spend the money for so little return.