16 New Model Samples To Be Announced & On Show at the Amsterdam Fair This Weekend

747s look good, perhaps the foreheads are a little angular. Tough to tell without any printing.

And N863GT looks painted? Not sure if that's electroplating or not.
Was about to ask the same thing. It doesn't look electroplated to me either. Looks closer to something like a SkyTeam livery with glossy paint.

Oh and those 340 samples have the wrong v.tail.
This at least is an easy fix.
The 80's look good so far.
With a bit of work the 744 might look good.
But I don't have words for this "747-200".
744 looks fine I think, slightly more angular wing roots would improve it.

742's hump is too straight, and the engines are missing the CF6's pointy exhaust.

744 looks fine I think, slightly more angular wing roots would improve it.

742's hump is too straight, and the engines are missing the CF6's pointy exhaust.

NG simply doesn't have a 747Classic mould at the show. Unless they really think that replacing the winglets with HF-antennas turns a 747-400F into a 747-200. Because that's what they have on the table.

Last edited:
Well well well, they have the wrong flap fairings....
That was the main reason why I wanted to see the closeup photos, and as expected they don't see that detail!

The A330neo has shorter, more streamlined flap fairings that were inherited from the HGW update of the ceo. What I see there is the longer fairings found on older generation A330s.

Time to email.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Phantom I'm not sure quite what you're seeing with the 747 wingroot that is upsetting you. They are definitely different on the two moulds here and looking at photos Steinar and I can't see the difference really between the 200 and real thing. Is your issue over the wing because although it is subtle the fairing shape is different

Hi guys. Phantom I'm not sure quite what you're seeing with the 747 wingroot that is upsetting you. They are definitely different on the two moulds here and looking at photos Steinar and I can't see the difference really between the 200 and real thing. Is your issue over the wing because although it is subtle the fairing shape is different

My issue is the wing in general. Neither the root nor the wingtip look "classic" but kind of what you see on a 747LCF plus HF-antenna.
May you please flip it around and snap a pic of the underside?

Yeah I don't really see anything off with the wing root, it's taken directly from the SP.

Attachments

• 1694868363528.png
    1694868363528.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 59
Here's a shot of both together. Sorry hard to take good photos with the phone

View attachment 22203

View attachment 22202
Here's a shot of both together. Sorry hard to take good photos with the phone

View attachment 22203

View attachment 22202
This wingroot is ok for a 747-400 but in no way classic.
I'm biking with the kids right now so will wait for later to post more detail.

Would you have a pic of the wingtips as well. Like I said, they look -400 all the way.
Can you count the moulded LE-slats on outboard wing and compare them to the 744 mould? A "classic" has 5 while the -400 has 6 due to wingtip extensions.