16 New Model Samples To Be Announced & On Show at the Amsterdam Fair This Weekend

I don't know what they are? Where did you get those from and why do you think they are NG? The 146 looks more like a JC version??
Posted by my friend who's one of NG's leaders.
Confirmed with him, these are not from NG. So no 1:200 CJ7 for us then, big sad.

Hi All. It is time for the last announcement of a 400 scale model that will be on show at the Yesterday's Airlines table at the Amsterdam Fair. It has been an astounding week probably like no other in the history of the scale so hopefully this massive unprecedented haul of samples will not disappoint! It seems fitting to end the 400 scale announcements with one of the moulds we've been hoping for for a long time. The 747-200 won't be the only Jumbo at the fair as there will also be the 747-400 powered by PW4000 engines. This version was used by airlines such as Air Canada, Air China, Air India, China Airlines, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Singapore Airlines and United Airlines. There's still a pair of 200 scale samples to announce. Hope to see you at the AMS fair tomorrow and Sunday.

NG_B744_PW.jpg

Hi All. It is time for the last announcement of a 400 scale model that will be on show at the Yesterday's Airlines table at the Amsterdam Fair. It has been an astounding week probably like no other in the history of the scale so hopefully this massive unprecedented haul of samples will not disappoint! It seems fitting to end the 400 scale announcements with one of the moulds we've been hoping for for a long time. The 747-200 won't be the only Jumbo at the fair as there will also be the 747-400 powered by PW4000 engines. This version was used by airlines such as Air Canada, Air China, Air India, China Airlines, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Singapore Airlines and United Airlines. There's still a pair of 200 scale samples to announce. Hope to see you at the AMS fair tomorrow and Sunday.

View attachment 22034
That’s good to know, I’d like a Philippine Airlines example.

View attachment 22034
Oh hell yeah, now we're talking! Can't wait for these three.

Attachments

• 60961_1244996298.jpg
    60961_1244996298.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 61648_1132114776.jpg
    61648_1132114776.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 45990_1193568785.jpg
    45990_1193568785.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 15
ph-mps_martinair_cargo_boeing_747-400f_c_j.boogaard_1280.jpg
We really need this one. PH-MPS, the only remaining aircraft wearing the Martinair scheme and currently over 33 years old. Is most likely being replaced within a couple years. Only Dragon made this scheme on the PH-MPP many years ago.

Last edited:
Richard, make sure NG does the NW 744 pictured in your post. Together with a 747-151 "as delivered" of course.
I so hope they don't screw the noses on these moulds.
And that they'll have the correct pylons for an early to late 70's built 747 ready.
(The SPs pylons are only good for subjects not earlier than late 70's)

Richard, make sure NG does the NW 744 pictured in your post. Together with a 747-151 "as delivered" of course.
I so hope they don't screw the noses on these moulds.
And that they'll have the correct pylons for an early to late 70's built 747 ready.
(The SPs pylons are only good for subjects not earlier than late 70's)

I think you need to put something together for me on this I can present to them.

IMG_3557.jpegI’d want Ship 6301 to be made, it was the first 747-400 made and was delivered to Northwest Airlines before being acquired by Delta Air Lines, it is now on display at the Delta museum, even though NG doesn’t really make Delta’s anymore.

Very nice. Quite happy to see NG adding the 400. I hope we get an RB211 and a GE version as I'd love to see them make a virgin Atlantic, Silkway and Cargolux 😀😀

View attachment 22034
Better than nothing...

Until they announce a -400 with RB211s or CF6s, not much will interest me. Perhaps a Cathay, Singapore or Ansett, if NG even know if those airlines exist.

Pessimism aside, I can't wait to see what this stirs JC into releasing on their fully-fleshed out 744 catalogue. I don't support market flooding 99% of the time, but if it means I can get my hands on a good model, I'm in.

and honestly, that Air India 744 released by JC looks good to me.
While I do support NG releasing B747-400, the JC Wings version doesn't look bad at all. They only need to increase the length of the nose gear, though.