JAZ's Collection

Obrigado Leo!

Hey check out one of the new Panda Varig 737-400

It has the zipper pattern between the white top and blue belly that AC misses.

Oh yeah, that model is a beauty! And you got the 90s scheme version with small titles instead of billboard. I prefer them small but usually people prefer the billboard version.

This Panda model looks great but the high window line bothers me a bit. At least the got the zipper line correctely, as you mentioned! Meanwhile, Aeroclassics always seem to miss it lol

Thats unfortunate. I don't have the issues of going against whether its against my time or not since the things I'm mainly collecting is before my time anyway.

Yeah, I don't always stick to a particular time frame either, but I already had two AA727, ironically, my other one is a DW and has the cockpit windows too low. Unfortunately, the JC version has vanished hard from shelves, rightfully so, since it is a super nice type/livery combo.

Oh yeah, that model is a beauty! And you got the 90s scheme version with small titles instead of billboard. I prefer them small but usually people prefer the billboard version.

This Panda model looks great but the high window line bothers me a bit. At least the got the zipper line correctely, as you mentioned! Meanwhile, Aeroclassics always seem to miss it lol
Funny story, I wanted to order both but ordered two of the same by mistake. The package sat unopened for about a month so when I realized it was too late. Now I have moved on and can't bring myself to go and get the other one. Luckily I really have no preference for one or the other, they are both nice liveries in their own way. Yes, the Panda high windows are a problem.

This is a lovely thread @YankeeVictor . Thanks for sharing this.
Will read through in detail
Viasa is one of my favorite classic schemes - and I do have two of the DC-8s AC had made. Would love their widebody fleet in my collection.
The DC-10s and A300's ❤️ that I've missed

Currently, Transcarga gives me solid Viasa vibes and love it for that

This is a lovely thread @YankeeVictor . Thanks for sharing this.
Will read through in detail
Viasa is one of my favorite classic schemes - and I do have two of the DC-8s AC had made. Would love their widebody fleet in my collection.
The DC-10s and A300's ❤️ that I've missed

Currently, Transcarga gives me solid Viasa vibes and love it for that

Thank you so much for your comment LuftahrtSups. I also love the Transcarga Viasa heritage. Maybe @AKlein707 should look into making these:

After all, he is the owner of the Latin Classics Line, has the best A300 mold in the business, and loves this kind of unique subjects... oh and regularly produces freighters... 😏

YV562T
1671659197443.png
Photo credit: Adrian Urrejola

YV560T
1671659393842.png
Photo credit: Gustavo Corujo - Gusair

Thank you so much for your comment LuftahrtSups. I also love the Transcarga Viasa heritage. Maybe @AKlein707 should look into making these:

After all, he is the owner of the Latin Classics Line, has the best A300 mold in the business, and loves this kind of unique subjects... oh and regularly produces freighters... 😏

YV562T
View attachment 8538
Photo credit: Adrian Urrejola

YV560T
View attachment 8539
Photo credit: Gustavo Corujo - Gusair
Yeppp totally second @AKlein707 and AC making this gorgeous duo on their excellent mould.

Made it home! and this beautiful Aeroclassics gem that had been high in my current most-wanted list had been awaiting for me. I thought it would fittingly classify as my Christmas treat. Not cheap, but not outrageous, and it is brand spanking new!

86803961-08AB-478E-B83D-9352A508C9D3.jpeg

Below is a short clip of how my trek home started yesterday from upstate NY down to Houston. Slow march with several obstacles along the way (winter storm across the country, oversold flights, a tight connection), but wound up at home at last!

Well done. Very nice collection that you have.
Thanks Purpleplane!

You know, my first precision model (as in my first highly detailed and overpriced toy airplane 🤣) was a Herpa 1:500 Federal Express DC-10. I think pieces of the original one can still be found in my family house back home in Venezuela. For nostalgia's sake, I bought one about a year ago to re-live some memories:

6cc367_2bfda2e75b7741f1b41cf2b6e0fb8461~mv2.jpg

Thanks Purpleplane!

You know, my first precision model (as in my first highly detailed and overpriced toy airplane 🤣) was a Herpa 1:500 Federal Express DC-10. I think pieces of the original one can still be found in my family house back home in Venezuela. For nostalgia's sake, I bought one about a year ago to re-live some memories:

6cc367_2bfda2e75b7741f1b41cf2b6e0fb8461~mv2.jpg
Nice models, and I love the purple top scheme.

That was a damn weird reading but the models and pictures are so lovely :LOL:
:love: :ROFLMAO:

Hahaha, thanks Leo, yeah I knew it was going to be weird, but there is nothing wrong with that I guess haha. I found that model at the Houston Airline Collectible show last year. I knew the seller from a previous show and the first time I visited his table he didn't have the model displayed yet. Then he put it up and I literally saw the Your Craftsman 400 logo from across the room and bolted to see what he had... lol. It was a bargain I think, too good to be true ;).

Then when I opened the model at home I saw that the nosewheel was still factory-sealed and the model still smelled like new after 17 years, so the thought "this model is still a virgin" crossed me, and that's how I ended up going down that road :ROFLMAO:

Glad you liked the photos, it is a cool set. Not in my criteria really, but really happy to have it.

Comedic genius, and an excellent model. Very impressive find, congrats! Excited to see how those Avensa customs come along!
Thanks Oscar, glad you found it funny!

The Avensa 737s are coming along alright. Have two fully decaled, and one with only the fuselage done. I have done a total of 8 Avensa models, but on two of these 73s the side decals seem to be ever so slightly tilted. I think V1 Decals started using a different paper or something, the decals look better, but they seem to dry out and stick quicker, which limits the maneuverability. I bought a bottle of Microset (decal setting solution) and I believe it should help me with the maneuverability issue. I also botched one of the engines a bit due to the same reason.

I am planning to do a variation of the Avensa livery, with a slightly modified tail logo using home-made decals, but every time I print decals at home I find new ways to screw them up (that's why I still use third-party decals when I can) so it is going to be a while.

Part of the reason I'm going public with my projects is to give me the motivation to finish them. You probably saw a set of DC-9-30 fuselages that I just stripped the paint off of... those had been sitting in my donor's drawer for close to two years, and just stripping the paint off was a relatively time-consuming job; and still need to scrape the paint off the tails... 😫

Hahaha, thanks Leo, yeah I knew it was going to be weird, but there is nothing wrong with that I guess haha. I found that model at the Houston Airline Collectible show last year. I knew the seller from a previous show and the first time I visited his table he didn't have the model displayed yet. Then he put it up and I literally saw the Your Craftsman 400 logo from across the room and bolted to see what he had... lol. It was a bargain I think, too good to be true ;).

Then when I opened the model at home I saw that the nosewheel was still factory-sealed and the model still smelled like new after 17 years, so the thought "this model is still a virgin" crossed me, and that's how I ended up going down that road :ROFLMAO:

Glad you liked the photos, it is a cool set. Not in my criteria really, but really happy to have it.

Thanks Oscar, glad you found it funny!

The Avensa 737s are coming along alright. Have two fully decaled, and one with only the fuselage done. I have done a total of 8 Avensa models, but on two of these 73s the side decals seem to be ever so slightly tilted. I think V1 Decals started using a different paper or something, the decals look better, but they seem to dry out and stick quicker, which limits the maneuverability. I bought a bottle of Microset (decal setting solution) and I believe it should help me with the maneuverability issue. I also botched one of the engines a bit due to the same reason.

I am planning to do a variation of the Avensa livery, with a slightly modified tail logo using home-made decals, but every time I print decals at home I find new ways to screw them up (that's why I still use third-party decals when I can) so it is going to be a while.

Part of the reason I'm going public with my projects is to give me the motivation to finish them. You probably saw a set of DC-9-30 fuselages that I just stripped the paint off of... those had been sitting in my donor's drawer for close to two years, and just stripping the paint off was a relatively time-consuming job; and still need to scrape the paint off the tails... 😫
That’s great! I used to help make and print decals for diecast cars for some friends and it is genuinely impressive how often I managed to screw them up. In the end I gave up and sold my printer.

I did see the DC-9s, and don’t worry, I have a 747 with terrible paint damage that has been sitting in my donor draw for 3 years now, and I still have not bothered to do anything about it. It was only when I decided that I wanted to make a fantasy Qantas 747 custom that I rediscovered it.

Going public with projects is a great way to increase motivation, I do it all the time!