Yu ModeL New Airbus A300 First Look

YesterAirlines

Yu ModeL have been a brand I've followed since they started making models in 2020. The majority of their production to date has been Chinese, made with other's moulds, but now they are expanding with their own mould for the Airbus A300. Their first releases include a mix of Western and Chinese models. They have been kind enough to send me through some pictures of the initial sample to give you a first look. Hopefully they'll send me a sample in the future:

YU_A300_HEADER.jpg

I'll definitely be picking up the Air Niugini (if I can get my hands on one), can't wait. Love all the new retro moulds we are getting lately.

I've been looking for the Air Nuigini since I started collecting. I will be picking it up for sure, regardless of cost!

This mould is not -600, but a B2/B4 (A300Classic) with the outer wings and wingtips of a -600R. I was afraid it would be this way. Well, at least it's not the other way round.

This mould is not -600, but a B2/B4 (A300Classic) with the outer wings and wingtips of a -600R. I was afraid it would be this way. Well, at least it's not the other way round.
True, the -600 version doesn't have those slat fences. Plus the rear fuselage and vertical stabilizer should be those of an a310 if it were a 600. Also it would be nice if the recreated the flap track fairings a bit better.

True, the -600 version doesn't have those slat fences. Plus the rear fuselage and vertical stabilizer should be those of an a310 if it were a 600. Also it would be nice if the recreated the flap track fairings a bit better.

Let's wait, maybe there will be some more refinements.
But I suddenly lost all (the bit of) hope for two "correct" moulds.
But let's be fair - speaking from a mould development perspective - a B4-600R is as close to B2 than an MD-11 is to a DC-10.

Waiting for that LH A300 now. Put the proper early CF6-50s and sand those fences. I can live with the absence of low speed aileron panel lines. But check that v.tail!

Yeah realistically this guy isn't a big company like NG or JC. I don't think you're going to get an A300-600 that meets Phantom's standards. I think he's likely to produce an A300B4 fuselage and 600 wing then sand down the winglets for a B4 and sand off the rooftop aerial for a 600.

From what I can see Aeroclassics never made the distinction with the fuselage and tail either.

I can live with it given the difference in fuselage rear and tail are quite subtle:

52906-87ef5d5410b5b228afafd87e25026ddd.jpg

Yeah realistically this guy isn't a big company like NG or JC. I don't think you're going to get an A300-600 that meets Phantom's standards. I think he's likely to produce an A300B4 fuselage and 600 wing then sand down the winglets for a B4 and sand off the rooftop aerial for a 600.

From what I can see Aeroclassics never made the distinction with the fuselage and tail either.

I can live with it given the difference in fuselage rear and tail are quite subtle:

View attachment 28960
Thanks for this. I just recently was looking for this chart but couldn't find it. Perfectly illustrates the difference and the reasoning for it. Airbus managed to increase payload volume without significantly stretching the fuselage. Besides the cabin increase, this allowed the 600 to carry 23 instead of 20 LD3s.