Upcoming NG Mould Announcement

I wouldn't be surprised, some people went out of their way to do the full take down on the SP nose shape. Any reticence now is understandable. I also wouldn't be surprised if sample toolings are currently being discussed at length behind closed doors either.
You make a good point there… I had never thought that they might be discussing samples and improving them without showing the community, but it does make sense.

A300 not so much, but an A310 is sorely needed. I can't work out what NG's problem is about the 748, maybe they are worried about potential backlash, similar to the SP?
Since NG tends to release all variants of a given type simultaneously, they'll likely do the same for the -8 and classics. Hence the delay. No clue about the -400 since it's in a weird grey area between modern and classic, but I wouldn't count it out. Not to mention just announcing the -8 would cause classics collectors to go ballistic.

It's customary for NG to nail the overall shape, but I really hope they take the time to add more moulded-in details for the belly intakes; that's just about the only gripe I have with their SP.

Last edited:
Maybe they’re taking their time to release the 747s because they want to get the noses right. Given how many try and fail, NG should be able to work on it till they can get consistent output on every mold from 747-100 to 747-8

I really, really, really hope there is one on the plans. Can't emphasize enough how great a mould it would be. Av400 would make a great option as well, but overall no one tops the superior, refined quality of the NG A330 (especially the cockpit), and besides, all they need is a new set of wings and engines!
I would say no, they really need to adjust the mold given that the wing to fuselage fairing is specific to the mold. I’m sure they can do a great job. JC didn’t do that bad of a job. What I see in NG making a mold themselves is a consistent nose shape to the other A330s. And hopefully also they can carry that on to any future A300/310, A340s

Since NG tends to release all variants of a given type simultaneously, they'll likely do the same for the -8 and classics. Hence the delay. No clue about the -400 since it's in a weird grey area between modern and classic, but I wouldn't count it out. Not to mention just announcing the -8 would cause classics collectors to go ballistic.

It's customary for NG to nail the overall shape, but I really hope they take the time to add more moulded-in details for the belly intakes; that's just about the only gripe I have with their SP.
I wouldn't mind if they only got the -8 out first but I would be a bit disappointed since I'm more of a classics collector.