Upcoming NG Mould Announcement

As a modern collector myself I have mixed feelings. It's always nice to have a better alternative to GJ but with the same logic I would've been much happier to see an E175 or A220. The GJ Max isn't great but decent, whereas the options for the latter two are much inferior.

Still, there are awesome Max liveries waiting for NG (United Together and Alaska Gift of Travel!) and I'm excited to finally start adding some of these to my fleet.

I am pleased that NG has filled another gap in the 737 market. I would have preferred the classics honestly as theres quite a few I’d get if they made that mould. I’m hoping that NG makes the e190 as Gemini/JC are the only ones to have attempted it and I think it could definitely be improved.

Is an A330NEO coming up?

I see the others are beginning to flood the market with this model. I reckon they’re trying to gain over any future release by NG.

It would be nice to know cuz that way I can avoid buying anything coming out right now that might be bettered by NG.

Is an A330NEO coming up?

I see the others are beginning to flood the market with this model. I reckon they’re trying to gain over any future release by NG.

It would be nice to know cuz that way I can avoid buying anything coming out right now that might be bettered by NG.
No clue, only thing that the article confirms is a 747-8 in 2023. AV400 however is making an A330neo, and that would be very close to a hypothetical NG in quality.

Is an A330NEO coming up?

I really, really, really hope there is one on the plans. Can't emphasize enough how great a mould it would be. Av400 would make a great option as well, but overall no one tops the superior, refined quality of the NG A330 (especially the cockpit), and besides, all they need is a new set of wings and engines!

I really, really, really hope there is one on the plans. Can't emphasize enough how great a mould it would be. Av400 would make a great option as well, but overall no one tops the superior, refined quality of the NG A330 (especially the cockpit), and besides, all they need is a new set of wings and engines!
Speaking of new wings and engines, an NG A340 would be nice to have down the line as well. After all the 747s, of course 🙏.

Speaking of new wings and engines, an NG A340 would be nice to have down the line as well. After all the 747s, of course 🙏.
Yes they did mention they're planning the entire A300/310/330/340 family. This was about a year or so ago.
However seeing the pace at which their 747-8 is being released I doubt we'll see these soon.
Also they don't seem to be in a tearing hurry - if one observes how long it's taken them to say release a 737-8 after the 737-800.

Yes they did mention they're planning the entire A300/310/330/340 family. This was about a year or so ago.
However seeing the pace at which their 747-8 is being released I doubt we'll see these soon.
Also they don't seem to be in a tearing hurry - if one observes how long it's taken them to say release a 737-8 after the 737-800.
Oh yes, a proper A300 mould is dearly needed in 1:400! I've no idea why NG's dragging their feet so much with the 748, the leaked mould sample looked pretty damn perfect to me.

Last edited:
Oh yes, a proper A300 mould is dearly needed in 1:400! I've no idea why NG's dragging their feet so much with the 748, the leaked mould sample looked pretty damn perfect to me.
A300 not so much, but an A310 is sorely needed. I can't work out what NG's problem is about the 748, maybe they are worried about potential backlash, similar to the SP?

A300 not so much, but an A310 is sorely needed. I can't work out what NG's problem is about the 748, maybe they are worried about potential backlash, similar to the SP?
I wouldn't be surprised, some people went out of their way to do the full take down on the SP nose shape. Any reticence now is understandable. I also wouldn't be surprised if sample toolings are currently being discussed at length behind closed doors either.