Upcoming NG Mould Announcement

If they do a 1:200 737, it’s game on between GJ/JC and NG. Will be interesting to see if and how JC updates the mould once they catch wind of it if that’s the case.

I think it's a 400 scale given that they have the 737NG. I would lean on the Classic side. To be honest I would like to see the Original 737 from NG.

I think it's a 400 scale given that they have the 737NG. I would lean on the Classic side. To be honest I would like to see the Original 737 from NG.
Me too! Especially some more Widgets but with the things NG is currently focused on I highly doubt it would be. My guess would be A220's one part of the ERJ series or the 737 MAX.

I decided to put something together:

1671188400212.png
1671188417303.png
1671188478241.png
1671188498361.png
1671188511645.png
1671188528022.png
1671188916574.png

From these images, we can safely rule out the E2 jets and A220s. The engines are just way too small on the sneak peek from NG. Next, we have the original E jets. The engines are the correct size this time, however, they are not the same shape. The E jets have engines that almost look like an oval, and the sneak peek's engines are much more circular. Moving on to the 737s. The MAX has engines that sit forward and up, placing them in front of the wing. Although it is hard to tell, from this picture I think they sit lower and further back than on a MAX. That leaves us with two options: 737 classics, or 1:200 737NGs. From NG's past history, I say the 737 classics are the most likely, however recent events must be taken into account. Last month NG showed us the AG600M in 1:200, which may indicate a newfound interest in 1:200. I think it is an even split between the two, but nor can we rule out the MAX. NG said that they are working on a 737 MAX sometime back in May, as announced by Richard in this article. I am hoping for the 737 classics, but I would take a MAX happily too. What do you guys think?

View attachment 8224
View attachment 8225
View attachment 8227
View attachment 8228
View attachment 8229
View attachment 8230
View attachment 8231

From these images, we can safely rule out the E2 jets and A220s. The engines are just way too small on the sneak peek from NG. Next, we have the original E jets. The engines are the correct size this time, however, they are not the same shape. The E jets have engines that almost look like an oval, and the sneak peek's engines are much more circular. Moving on to the 737s. The MAX has engines that sit forward and up, placing them in front of the wing. Although it is hard to tell, from this picture I think they sit lower and further back than on a MAX. That leaves us with two options: 737 classics, or 1:200 737NGs. From NG's past history, I say the 737 classics are the most likely, however recent events must be taken into account. Last month NG showed us the AG600M in 1:200, which may indicate a newfound interest in 1:200. I think it is an even split between the two, but nor can we rule out the MAX. NG said that they are working on a 737 MAX sometime back in May, as announced by Richard in this article. I am hoping for the 737 classics, but I would take a MAX happily too. What do you guys think?
It's a 1:400 according to Richard on FB, so that rules out the 1:200 737 classics. He also said on the other forum that it's the only mould he'll be reviewing this month; two variants of the same aircraft. I'm inclined to think it's the MAX 8 and 9.

It's a 1:400 according to Richard on FB, so that rules out the 1:200 737 classics. He also said on the other forum that it's the only mould he'll be reviewing this month; two variants of the same aircraft. I'm inclined to think it's the MAX 8 and 9.
Ok, clearly I haven't checked FB for a while! 😅 I think you're right, the MAX 8 and 9 make the most sense.

View attachment 8224
View attachment 8225
View attachment 8227
View attachment 8228
View attachment 8229
View attachment 8230
View attachment 8231

The E170/175 uses a different set of engines from the oval engines of the E190/195, and those are indeed circular. I'm putting my bet on said aircraft and that is my hope as well.

To be fair none of the aircraft that was brought up in the discussion is a clear match, and judging by the fact that the image is computer generated, I presume the it is not entirely realistic.

Well, it's definitely a 737. The hint that its two variations of the same airplane makes it almost a certainty that its a MAX.
If it were to be a Max I'd expect three or four variants (7, 8, 9, and 10) and it may as well be a pair of E170 and E175.

I wonder if we'll have to wait until Richard receives his samples to see what they are, or NG would announce first. It's usually the former but sooner the better.

Lily from NG asked me several years ago after the 757 launch which moulds they should be doing next ? At the time I made a case for the TriStar which they progressed to a release. I also suggested they'd be mad not to do the Max series as they were about to become numerous amongst airlines. Perhaps this that time then ? That said, the A220 really needs to be done well by someone.

If it were to be a Max I'd expect three or four variants (7, 8, 9, and 10) and it may as well be a pair of E170 and E175.

I wonder if we'll have to wait until Richard receives his samples to see what they are, or NG would announce first. It's usually the former but sooner the better.
They may just be doing the two variants (8 & 9) that are currently in service, at least for the time being.

Lily from NG asked me several years ago after the 757 launch which moulds they should be doing next ? At the time I made a case for the TriStar which they progressed to a release. I also suggested they'd be mad not to do the Max series as they were about to become numerous amongst airlines. Perhaps this that time then ? That said, the A220 really needs to be done well by someone.
Their future plans have always been a hit or miss, but I definitely wouldn't say no to an A220. One of the most underrepresented aircrat types in 1/400 at the moment.

For me it looks like B737 Max8. If so, I would be happy and wish for some Icelandair in the new livery and with regs not made before.

Last edited:
Sure does seem like the 747 is coming early next year, if we're lucky. Only explanation for the delay is that they're planning to drop them all simultaneously... right? 🙏