TIL: Alitalia/Continental Spilt DC-10 Livery

JJ Skippy

This was too cool to not share. I didn’t know Alitalia and Continental had a split livery on the DC-10, similar to what Northwest and KLM had. From what I found this only lasted for a few years during the mid-90s.

I couldn’t find a photo from a front profile that shows the spilt nose (minus a model that was made) but this would’ve been each side of the aircraft, which included small Continental/Alitalia title and logo stickers added next to the airline titles.

EDIT: Continental photo is from N13067 (spilt livery was on N68060) so I assume multiple CO DC-10s wore those stickers.
IMG_0028.jpegIMG_0029.jpeg

This was too cool to not share. I didn’t know Alitalia and Continental had a split livery on the DC-10, similar to what Northwest and KLM had. From what I found this only lasted for a few years during the mid-90s.

I couldn’t find a photo from a front profile that shows the spilt nose (minus a model that was made) but this would’ve been each side of the aircraft, which included small Continental/Alitalia title and logo stickers added next to the airline titles.

EDIT: Continental photo is from N13067 (spilt livery was on N68060) so I assume multiple CO DC-10s wore those stickers.
View attachment 27100View attachment 27101
Ahh I love this livery, I love split liveries in general. I think this would be the perfect fit for my NWA/KLM one
I believe many other airlines did split liveries on some of their aircraft too

There was also a VASP/Continental DC-10 in split livery, if I remember well.

Last edited: