Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Panda's SQ 359ULR (9V-SGG). Down below are a few comparison shots with the NG; Panda is left, NG is right.
20240817_210248.jpg

Both do decent jobs of emulating their respective sharklet types (PIP for Panda, early production spec for NG).
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-8gVLaiFHoB8mVhz1.jpg

Panda has moulded NACA intakes and correctly-sized flap track fairings. NG's NACAs are just printed on, while the fairings are too stubby. NG's wing is a darker shade of gray, which is more accurate.
20240817213004_IMG_3511.JPG

NG's nose is slightly better thanks to its sharpness.
20240817_215149.jpg

As far as 350s are concerned, I think it's safe to say NG=Panda>AV400>>the rest. Can't go wrong with any of the top 3.

Last edited:
NG's wing is a darker shade of gray, which is more accurate.

A350's wings and pylons are non-customizable areas. They are always painted in a very light shade of grey. If they appear different in pics when comparing airlines then it's the different shades of "white" used by airlines to be blamed.
That said, Panda seem to have nailed it here.

A350's wings and pylons are non-customizable areas. They are always painted in a very light shade of grey. If they appear different in pics when comparing airlines then it's the different shades of "white" used by airlines to be blamed.
That said, Panda seem to have nailed it here.
I think neither Panda nor NG got this right. Panda's wings are the same color as the fuselage (white), while NG's is the same color as the engines (dark gray). As far as I can tell, the actual wings are somewhere between the two in color; not quite white, but a lighter shade of gray than the engines.
1723907048000.png
1723907055906.png

Panda's wings are the same color as the fuselage (white)
Ah ok, from the pics I thought they are that very light grey. Pure white is of course wrong. Like I said, all A350s (except one prototype) are painted in this very light grey.
That's the tricky thing with this paint. It often appears white when there's no (snow/bright) white reference around.

Edit: the images you posted of the real thing are a perfect example for this. On that first image the stabs in particular appear wite which they are not.

Last edited:
New NG A350 are the most realistic and accurate. Thank NG for having updated their A350 cockpit windows (like they did for the 777 and 748).
As far as 350s are concerned, I think it's safe to say NG=Panda>AV400>>the rest. Can't go wrong with any of the top 3.
NG(new)>AV400>JCW/GJ≈NG(old)>Panda>PHX

This is just... wrong. There's not that big of a gap between old and new NG, they're just different variants. Panda is right up there with NG, and both blow JC/GJ out of the water.
I agree—NG and Panda are the top dogs for A350 molds, while JC and GJ are at the bottom of the pack.

i just visited Berlin (actually not focused much on the city itself but rather aviation-themed museums around Berlin) and what would be a trip to Berlin without visiting Aviation Center Berlin. The shop is well sized, well stocked and all models found in-stock online are available here; with some extra models - more on that later. I got myself 2 models which is fair I’d say. I have not been to any other larger aircraft model stores in Europe but hopefully soon.

Let’s start with the narrow-body of the purchase - a somewhat exotic airline - Myanmar National Airways B737-86N XY-ALB by Phoenix. The real machine doesn’t fly for the airline anymore (but it sisterships do) which means it is out of my wanted-list. With the current releases from manufactures, I am quite confident that it did not meet my wishlist a lot so I could spare some for other criteria. As mentioned above, a virtual custom with the reg is the solution of bringing this aircraft back to life. The 738 was so-so reproduced by PHX on this one - I have seen worse actually.
IMG_6181.jpeg

Next up, a model that was not listed at this price online as it belongs to the “2nd choice” section (I can not surely say with what this means but this could be a returned good). It’s the famous “beach towel” livery - as I would like to have little joke about it - Condor A330-941N D-ANRB “Condor Sea” blue livery by JCW. The livery kinda grows on me and I find the red (Passion) and this blue more exciting. JC has a quite ok A330neo mould, which looked fine on my Aircalin example. However to whatever reason, this one had too high wings (which could be why it was marked 2nd choice) and maybe one gear can not tilt fully. At certain angles, it looked alright. This is one of the rarer “active machines” that I have bought since I moved here.
IMG_6182.jpeg

That’s it for my Berlin haul last weekend. The next models would be very exciting (or disappointing) which I would share later.

a somewhat exotic airline - Myanmar National Airways B737-86N XY-ALB by Phoenix.
So it was you who bought it😃 I actually found this model in their online shop just last week and put it on my watch list intending to order it soon, but on Sunday it was gone :(. One of my collection criteria is at least one model per country and therefore I regretted that I didn't order it straight away, as this one is quite rare now as a 2020 release and the only model in 1:400 representing Myanmar. Luckily I found one in England, also reduced price like ACB, but a bit higher shipping costs.

Last edited:
So it was you who bought it😃 I actually found this model in their online shop just last week and put it on my watch list intending to order it soon, but on Sunday it was gone :(. One of my collection criteria is at least one model per country and therefore I regretted that I didn't order it straight away, as this one is quite rare now as a 2020 release and the only model in 1:400 representing Myanmar. Luckily I found one in England, also reduced price like ACB, but a bit higher shipping costs.
I was also looking at their sale section for quite a while and was hesitating. The trip to the store made it become reality. I got it on Friday noon btw. I was hesitating of getting this model for years, I have seen attractive prices along the course but did not snatch it. I still wish you the best getting this beauty!

I was also looking at their sale section for quite a while and was hesitating. The trip to the store made it become reality. I got it on Friday noon btw. I was hesitating of getting this model for years, I have seen attractive prices along the course but did not snatch it. I still wish you the best getting this beauty!
Thanks. This time I didn't wait and ordered it directly in England (yesterday already) and already got a shipping confirmation. Hope the shipping goes well and it doesn't have to be picked up at the customs office. It's my first post-Brexit order from the island.

Last edited:
As promised yesterday, I’d like to share my latest acquisitions courtesy of the oh-so famous “evilBay”. All of them are classics which is not my main collecting criteria. However I am always on the look to diversify my collection with new aircraft types. The majority of this batch are Lufthansa’s machines though! Spoiler alert: it is a long post!

Let’s start with a small models in a set of 5 (1 of which is a Lufthansa Postage Edition Connie in 1:300 scale). I find these “Konvolut” (direct translation: convoy but should be batch) kinda popular here and you might only like 1-2 models within the set but there is no choice but to grab all. Presenting the 2009-made Lufthansa CityLine Bombardier CRJ-200 D-ACJH “EuropeanLandmark” by JCWings. As my first CRJ - it is such a joy to have this model.
IMG_6169.jpeg

A little bit larger but not jet powered - it’s a turboprop. TeamLufthansa Fokker-50 with EU-Flag tail registered as D-AFFZ by JCW. This will accompany my Ansett F50 at home. I found out the front gear of this model is not as well-sized as the Ansett counterpart.
IMG_6170.jpeg

The largest model in this set in the 90’s scheme that we are used to - Lufthansa B737-430 D-ABKB “Tegernsee” by Herpa. Herpa in 1:400 is known for the lack of complex detail and this model is not an exception with its simple landing gears. It was fine when it came out of the factory 23 years ago (wow that’s a long time) but did not hold well with the progress of time.
IMG_6174.jpeg

As you can see the full 737 lineup I got in this batch, let’s go to the last model of this first set, which is a somewhat interesting model - Lufthansa B737-130 D-ABEA “Coburg” by Sovereign Models. For me, this model is the main highlight for the set and the reason why I chose to bid on. It is my first B731 as well and when compared to the B732, it is clearly smaller than the more popular variant. The B731 got the 1960s Delivery Scheme.
IMG_6171.jpeg

The 2nd set I bid on is somewhat interesting - the seller told me that the original packaging (in this case only the outer sleeves) of all models are missing (but luckily they still got the blister. This trio also comes with a LH Post Edition A380 1:500 which I don’t share here. Coming to the first model of the set is the last 737 you saw before - Lufthansa B737-230 D-ABFX “Tübingen“ in the classy 1970s scheme by GeminiJets. It is surely a lovely a model - and my first GJ B732 by the way (the other 732 I have are ACs)
IMG_6173.jpeg

Then my most anticipated model in the set arrived with great disappointment. It is the somewhat elusive Lufthansa DC-8-51 N8008D by AC. The aircraft went on a short-lease with the German flag carrier before continuing its service with North American carriers. It is also the prototype as well. Unfortunately, the model came with missing front landing gears (the wheels and hub). I made a complaint with the seller and he compensated me for the model price, which is not enough for me to get the replacement AC wheel package for the aircraft. Anyways, I am still happy with this model.
IMG_6175.jpeg

Moving away from the “convoys” we have individual models. I was saddened by the fsct that I lost the BA Concorde on that day. Had I bidded a bit later till the end, I may have got it. But then I am still happy with the whole set by the way. The next 2 models are the ones I paid most, but unluckily suffered from yellowing paint (the photos where brightened up a bit) which is really really a pity. Here is one of Britian’s finest creation - BOAC Bristol 175 Britannia G-ANBO by JC - the original length. I am amazed at how large the model itself is. A new aircraft type for me, too.
IMG_6178.jpeg

A T-tail trijet is undeniably beautiful. I have got those coming from USSR (Tu-154) and USA (B727) but have not got one coming from the UK - introducing British European Airways HS.121 Trident Two by GJ. The model suffered badly from yellowing that I am a bit speechless. The wings on the Trident looked beautiful. GJ has nailed offset front gear and correct 4-wheels main gear. I just wish that this model is not that yellowed…
IMG_6179.jpeg

This post is coming to an end with the last model being another trijet - but widebody this time. The prototype Lockheed L-1011-1 Tristar N305EA with BEA logo made by BlueBox. My 2nd BBOX L-1011 for me and I am really hlad that NG joined the game with their version being miles ahed from the older competition. From what I have seen, there are many requests to NG making the house livery and I hope it would be a reality soon.
IMG_6180.jpeg

That concludes my yesterday’s arrival. I have ordered the replacement wheels for the DC-8 which I can change to it once I get back home. I can say that I am quite happy with the price I paid for the models.

Last edited: