Ship 1574 the final Jumbo! - Atlas Air 747-8F N863GT by Phoenix - Forever Incredible!

As much as I'd like a copy of the model because of its significance - waiting to see what NG has in store - the livery or rather the lack of it - is a bummer. If they ever choose to repaint the aircraft to celebrate its significance in more than a mere gestural way (read sad almost invisible sticker) - I'd like that.

As much as I'd like a copy of the model because of its significance - waiting to see what NG has in store - the livery or rather the lack of it - is a bummer. If they ever choose to repaint the aircraft to celebrate its significance in more than a mere gestural way (read sad almost invisible sticker) - I'd like that.

Another good thing about Phoenix, besides being able to match their timeliness with historical events, is that they will likely re-run this more than once so that they are the ones making money off of it, and not the eBay crowd. So you should be safe waiting and seeing if NG fixes the forehead on theirs. Phoenix shall be there for you if NG doesn't. I am also interested to see if NG can pull their stuff together because while I am not a huge consumer of -8s, it is safe to assume that it is the mold that will set the tone for their long-awaited -1/2/3/4 series, which I am looking forward to.

Last 747 guys! and as @planes_on_a_shelf hinted at, in the livery of an ACMI freight airline! (😄 🥹 😭) In the battle between passion and business wisdom, the latter won here. But back in 69 passion won over objectiveness and that's why we got to see airplanes like the 747 and Concorde fly in the first place (;))

Another good thing about Phoenix, besides being able to match their timeliness with historical events, is that they will likely re-run this more than once so that they are the ones making money off of it, and not the eBay crowd. So you should be safe waiting and seeing if NG fixes the forehead on theirs. Phoenix shall be there for you if NG doesn't. I am also interested to see if NG can pull their stuff together because while I am not a huge consumer of -8s, it is safe to assume that it is the mold that will set the tone for their long-awaited -1/2/3/4 series, which I am looking forward to.

Last 747 guys! and as @planes_on_a_shelf hinted at, in the livery of an ACMI freight airline! (😄 🥹 😭) In the battle between passion and business wisdom, the latter won here. But back in 69 passion won over objectiveness and that's why we got to see airplanes like the 747 and Concorde fly in the first place (;))
They did tell me via email that refinements have been made, I guess we'll have to wait another month or so to see exactly what's changed.

They did tell me via email that refinements have been made, I guess we'll have to wait another month or so to see exactly what's changed.

Mixed feelings here, NG has shown us that they listen to us and do make refinements accordingly. But after a year-long delay, I was expecting them to unveil the ultimate 748, so that was a bit concerning. We shall see!

Mixed feelings here, NG has shown us that they listen to us and do make refinements accordingly. But after a year-long delay, I was expecting them to unveil the ultimate 748, so that was a bit concerning. We shall see!
It was definitely a tad disappointing, some errors were quite uncharacteristic of NG. But since they went above and beyond fixing the CX Tristar, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Very nice looking model and a VERY special bird in real life. I was quite sad to see this livery instead of a proper special livery. So much wasted potential. The Joe Sutter decal is a beautiful homage but Cargolux did it better before!

The model looks fantastic! It really looks like Phoenix put in more detail on this model than any other. Though, the wing joint and the engine fan blades still throw me off. I'll most likely wait for NG.

Very nice looking model and a VERY special bird in real life. I was quite sad to see this livery instead of a proper special livery. So much wasted potential. The Joe Sutter decal is a beautiful homage but Cargolux did it better before!

A sign of the times Leo... honestly I'm glad Atlas at least applied the "Forever Incredible" sticker, which seems to have been an afterthought. They could have very easily just throw the thing out on the line in an all-white livery to start hauling rubber dog poop out of Hong Kong ASAP.

A sign of the times Leo... honestly I'm glad Atlas at least applied the "Forever Incredible" sticker, which seems to have been an afterthought. They could have very easily just throw the thing out on the line in an all-white livery to start hauling rubber dog poop out of Hong Kong ASAP.
Heh, nice TG reference😉

It was definitely a tad disappointing, some errors were quite uncharacteristic of NG. But since they went above and beyond fixing the CX Tristar, I'm cautiously optimistic.
I see many of us were disappointed with the 747 samples one way or another, and I even suspected their customer service was no longer up to their high standards. While it does feel skeptical that they haven't posted any updates regarding the -8 samples, seeing them take the time to update the TriStar gives me hope.

Speaking of 747s, the hints should be right around the corner. Wondering if they will drop within the week...?

I see many of us were disappointed with the 747 samples one way or another, and I even suspected their customer service was no longer up to their high standards. While it does feel skeptical that they haven't posted any updates regarding the -8 samples, seeing them take the time to update the TriStar gives me hope.

Speaking of 747s, the hints should be right around the corner. Wondering if they will drop within the week...?
Hints usually drop around the 4th day of each month, so they should be up before the weekend. Honestly I'm more curious about what exact updates they've made, some pics on social media would be nice.

Hints usually drop around the 4th day of each month, so they should be up before the weekend. Honestly I'm more curious about what exact updates they've made, some pics on social media would be nice.
Since they seem to have been updating the nose area with the SP, all they have to do is literally make a pair of wings, take a photo, and press upload. Not that hard.

Sure, in a month we will all get to see this in proper releases, but I'm afraid I will find myself looking at N863GT or HL7644 with spoilers attached on the bottom of the wings. Let's just say I won't be the happiest person in the world after seeing that.

Since they seem to have been updating the nose area with the SP, all they have to do is literally make a pair of wings, take a photo, and press upload. Not that hard.

Sure, in a month we will all get to see this in proper releases, but I'm afraid I will find myself looking at N863GT or HL7644 with spoilers attached on the bottom of the wings. Let's just say I won't be the happiest person in the world after seeing that.
The JC 200 and 400 releases were massive letdowns, so I also won't be thrilled if the NG isn't bang on. I'm hoping the May 748 releases are both fantasy liveries; that way NG can test the waters a bit without angering airline collectors. Of course, just nailing the upgrades out of the gate would be the best choice, and well within their ability.

I was quite convinced they'd modified the SP's nose, but the pics from Waffle kinda make it seeem as if nothing's changed...
image.png

I was quite convinced they'd modified the SP's nose, but the pics from Waffle kinda make it seeem as if nothing's changed...
image.png

Yeah…

I was pretty happy with my Pan Am SPs by NG, until the ignorance bubble in which I was floating popped…

Now even a first gen GJ looks better (nose, that is).

image.jpg

Pretty big offense, it sure takes NG out of their pedestal and places them down with the masses.

Last edited:
Yeah…

I was pretty happy with my Pan Am SPs by NG, until the ignorance bubble in which I was floating popped…

Now even a first gen GJ looks better (nose, that is).

View attachment 15394

Pretty big offense, it sure takes NG out of their pedestal and places them down with the masses.
Oddly enough the SP's cockpit window and forehead don't bother me that much, but they look so weird on the 8. Guess it all comes down to personal taste.

Oddly enough the SP's cockpit window and forehead don't bother me that much, but they look so weird on the 8. Guess it all comes down to personal taste.

You are correct, that area is pretty good. Is the nose cone being far too low the issue, which is accentuated when a cheatline is present. Looks like it is sniffing something on the ground. As you said, does not spoil the model too much, but come on...