Return of the Blue Box A300

YesterAirlines

As has been noted in the Gemini release thread photos have emerged of the new GJ A300 and it confirms my thoughts from when it was announced. It marks the return of the old Blue Box A300 mould, arguably one of the worst moulds in 400 scale. Has Gemini been able to improve it? Here I take a look at the history of the mould, Gemini's history of updating dated castings and the new release:

ReturnoftheBBA300.jpg

That wing seam is ghastly. It's 2024 folks!
Rehashing such a garbage mould is far more egregious than the petty little stuff newer brands get roasted for. I'm sure the community won't give GJ as much flak as it deserves though, brand loyalty is very important! 😉

That being said, there's a dire need for a new A300 in 1:400.

That wing seam is ghastly. It's 2024 folks!
Rehashing such a garbage mould is far more egregious than the petty little stuff newer brands get roasted for. I'm sure the community won't give GJ as much flak as it deserves though, brand loyalty is very important! 😉

That being said, there's a dire need for a new A300 in 1:400.
There is at least one, possibly two or three on the way depending on what I choose to believe.

I wouldn't call their efforts an upgrade, those huge wheels looks horrible, like those playing sets for kids with Airbus 747s

hahahaha what a disgrace!!! It was already expected by us when Gemini released the artwork, but still is shocking to see this hitting the market.
I bet Gemini might also revive the Blue Box A310 aswell (since Emirates also operated it), which is also terrible.