RJ L-1011 Tristar 500 and the 500 Release Desert

YesterAirlines

Sunday's the day for inducting some more models into the collection from the backlog. This RJ L-1011-500 JY-AGB was a recent NG Models CRP acquisition and makes an interesting comparison with the first release JY-AGA (which I may sell on now). Not only are the schemes very slightly different (title colour) but they updated GB to have the off-white fuselage base colour too, which was mistakenly missing from GA.

RJ_L1011_AGB_01.JPG
RJ_L1011_AGB_14.JPG
RJ_L1011_AGB_15.JPG

Of course this release also highlights how little the Tristar 500 mould has been used. Just 20 releases and the past 6 have been basically re-releases. C'mon NG Models there are plenty of 500s left - hell even RJ in the charcoal grey hasn't been made. Since I revisited the wishlist for the type in May 2022 there has only been one model scratched off it:

I hope this year of classic includes some short Tristars!

Absolutely stunning mould. Too bad NG is really using it so few times.
I'd love to see LTU, maybe LAM Moçambique and also Royal Air Force (white scheme), as these would probably fit my diorama criteria :)
Novair and BWIA (classic scheme) would also be very nice!

For the long Tristar versions, I'd like to see Rich International. The only model currently available in 1:400 have a quite poor mould.

Absolutely stunning mould. Too bad NG is really using it so few times.
I'd love to see LTU, maybe LAM Moçambique and also Royal Air Force (white scheme), as these would probably fit my diorama criteria :)
Novair and BWIA (classic scheme) would also be very nice!

For the long Tristar versions, I'd like to see Rich International. The only model currently available in 1:400 have a quite poor mould.

One of the Rich birds flew for a short-lived Venezuelan airline called Air Margarita. They flew between the island of Margarita and Miami I would assume.

You can see the tiny Air Margarita titles below the flight deck windows.