NG Models 1:400 September 2023 Hints

if NG is ever becoming JC, it will be not as good as JC since JC has better prices, better configurations (FDs, Interactives). While NG has slightly better molds and printing, which JC doesnt fall too much behind.
Nah, as someone who owns a ton of both I can confidently say that'll not be the case.

Interactives are gimmicky toys, not accurate models. Disregarding likeness for individual types(which NG is generally better at anyway), NG's moulds have better-proportioned aerials and crisp, well-rolling gears across the board. Their solid-core engines properly replicate fan blade shapes. JC's surface finishing feels somewhat flat and they consistently screw up printing, particularly the cockpit windows and colors. Known issues are never fixed with JC, while NG does make changes (CX Tristar, Alaska 737). And JC's QC is, to put it lightly, nonexistent. There's a huge difference if you actually look close enough.

As someone who collects certain Asian majors JC's releases are definitely better. But it really doesn't matter because I'm rarely ever satisfied with a JC, so I pass and wait for AV400 or NG.

Last edited:
NG haven't been thrilling me of recent but they are easily the best brand in the scale by pretty much any measure I can think of - moulds, responsiveness, new production, quality, number of releases etc aside from the classic releases. Plus the price thing is simply not something I see. They are the same price or cheaper than anyone else is.
Absolutely agree on everything.

NG brought me back into this hobby thanks to their outstanding next level product. What made them a name in this hobby is also their biggest problem (maybe not in the market, but on the forums):
When their next mould doesn't meet the top level standard of their TriStar, they'll get nitpicked for minor things. Most of their moulds are just awesome.

I'm puzzled as to why they fail on the 747s nose.

All my hopes are on a good 747Classic mould. Something we've yet to see in this scale.

I was happy when NG announced the Aerolíneas Argentinas B738 back in September, but I came across the screenshots of the model and it really bugs me that they messed up the tail a little bit... I noticed the tail design was printed a little bit too high, so I edited it and placed it where it kind of looks more accurate (using a real photo as reference). I also fixed the colors since those are usually oversaturated. Maybe that won't be too noticeable when looking at the model from the distance, but it is really annoying when they make this printing errors 😑

AR B738 58147.jpg

NG lately has been messing up color very seriously. Both Southwest 738MAX and JetBlue A321 in new livery have very noticeable over-saturated colors, to a degree that Southwest doesn't look blue anymore it's more like dark purple.

I really hope NG can wake up from this mess as it really is a shame on such good molds.

NG lately has been messing up color very seriously. Both Southwest 738MAX and JetBlue A321 in new livery have very noticeable over-saturated colors, to a degree that Southwest doesn't look blue anymore it's more like dark purple.

I really hope NG can wake up from this mess as it really is a shame on such good molds.
Yeah, it's unfortunate! The blue on the Southwest 737MAX-8 was darker than it should.
I know these screenshots we see before getting the real thing are oversaturated, so I'm hoping at least the color on this one is correct 🤞

See NG, non-Chinese/ANA Asian airlines can be profitable when you release the right stuff!
Not even ANA anymore. With how many they made I imagined we'd see a regular ANA 788 right away, but no, they value Zipairs and fantasies more now! First they make too many, and once it gets onto my list they treat it as every other non-Chinese Asian airline.

And maybe, just maybe, the KE A333 would ever so slightly more popular than the 78J that hasn't even been delivered yet? :unsure:

Last edited:
Not even ANA anymore. With how many they made I imagined we'd see a regular ANA 788 right away, but no, they value Zipairs and fantasies more now! First they make too many, and once it gets onto my list they treat it as every non-Chinese Asian airline.

And maybe, just maybe, the KE A333 would ever so slightly more popular than the 78J that hasn't even been delivered yet? :unsure:
The lack of a regular ANA 789 is perplexing indeed. Same goes for the "787" special livery.

I'm pretty sure a KE A333 and 748i would sell out even if NG releases two simultaneously. Hopefully HL8515's success compels them to stop shafting the "holy" trifecta and OZ...

Last edited:
Yeah, it's unfortunate! The blue on the Southwest 737MAX-8 was darker than it should.
I know these screenshots we see before getting the real thing are oversaturated, so I'm hoping at least the color on this one is correct 🤞
I think the retro schemes were oversaturated as well. The canyon blue should have had a purple tint to it. And the metallic gold looks a bit yellowish.

Yes, Canyon blue should just have a bit of purple. Even so, NG's attempt at the metallic gold looks a lot better than AC's and GJ's attempts at it.
Neither NG nor AC are metallic/gold at all on 871HK, but I agree that NG's was the much better attempt.