NG Model - 1:400 February 2023 Release "Hints"

About the Portuguese A330 (the one with CS reg), let's keep in mind that TAP isn't the only Portuguese operator of the A330-200/300.
There's also HiFly and some defunct carriers like Air Luxor, for example :D(y)

I know a JetBlue A320 would be more popular but....I really wish that N82XXX would turn out to be Avianca N821AV wearing the LACSA colors. That would be epic!

I'm very interested in these:
A320 N82XXX - Avianca LACSA tail colors (or JetBlue).
A321 C-GXXX - Air Transat A321neo.
A330 CS-TXX - TAP

View attachment 11496
I wold love all of those especialy the first 2

I agree we need more narrow body Avianca models.
Definitely! A318s, A319s, A320s, A321s, the NEOs... I need at least one of each variant in my collection 😁

I'd like all the 3 special livery A320s - Pride / LACSA / TACA
I'd definitely get the LACSA and TACA specials, and the standard livery of course.

I just recently watched @Jt Pilot video of NG's Feb. hints.

I had no idea Avianca had aircraft with US registration 😅 guess you learn something new everyday...
Yes, they do 😃 We all learn something new everyday 💯

I wold love all of those especialy the first 2
I'm crossing my fingers 🤞

Looking forward to the VR L-1011, which has surely got to be Cathay - it will be interesting to see which variation/era of the classic “lettuce sandwich” scheme they’ve chosen. I hope it’s one with a Union Jack on the tail! That’ll be an immediate preorder if it is ✈️🙏
I'd love to see VR-HHK with the black radome, Union Jack and Super TriStar logo. The black radome in particular is a staple of most classics.
1674113034312.png

Last edited:
Yesssss! The stripe error was such a disappointment - as was the silver. They only had to wait a few months. Perhaps their release schedule couldn't be tampered with, which is unfortunate. Really hope they do an ANA Mohican again. Plus I'd sent them a whole host of other liveries and regs - including the much anticipated Easterns, CXs, Deltas (that they released already although a - 500 with the polished belly is still needed) but also the LTU bare metals, Iberia, Saudia, the L1011 prototype, the hybrid BEA & Court ones, BA Negus - 500, phew when are they going to make these?! Also the Worldways didn't have the needed convex fuselage protrusion (for the lower level galleys) - aircraft previously owned by LTU - so if they do that mod in the mould there's another set to be made!
The BA Negus -500s are also on the top of my list, patiently awaiting those! Also; the Delta -500 they already produced has the real metal finish, if that was what you were referring to? 😉👍

I'd love to see VR-HHK with the black radome, Union Jack and Super TriStar logo. The black radome in particular is a staple of most classics.
View attachment 11515
This is exactly the version I’d love to see made! Late ‘70s - early ‘80s era. Just gorgeous, all those early details of that classic scheme 👏👍 Hopefully, they will produce at least 2 versions of CX to cover the variety of differences and represent the various eras.

This is exactly the version I’d love to see made! Late ‘70s - early ‘80s era. Just gorgeous, all those early details of that classic scheme 👏👍 Hopefully, they will produce at least 2 versions of CX to cover the variety of differences and represent the various eras.
Oh yes! I would love for NG to release multiple versions, perhaps the final scheme and the late 70s/ early 80s version shown above.

Oh yes! I would love for NG to release multiple versions, perhaps the final scheme and the late 70s/ early 80s version shown above.
There is also a real chance to catch some livery variants not covered by other manufacturers, such as the ones ‘in between’ - early to mid 1980s era (1983-1987-ish)…for example in the photos here, with another look at VR-HHK. If compared to the early example pons399 already posted: note the revised Swire flag logo next to the Cathay titles on the fuselage (changed to this from the ‘arrow’ style circa 1983/4); no black radome either but it still has “Super TriStar” titles on #2 and the Union Jack on tail. I don’t think this variant has been covered? The second photo illustrates the later version which has commonly been covered however - minus the “Super TriStar” and Union Jack, which sets it to very late 1980s onwards.

Attachments

• E99732A3-C06A-4B07-AE27-16D43DA57FBF.jpeg
    E99732A3-C06A-4B07-AE27-16D43DA57FBF.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 12
  • 688D632F-ED4A-46A4-8E6A-89B3D341BCE7.jpeg
    688D632F-ED4A-46A4-8E6A-89B3D341BCE7.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 12
The BA Negus -500s are also on the top of my list, patiently awaiting those! Also; the Delta -500 they already produced has the real metal finish, if that was what you were referring to? 😉👍
Oh it does?!!....oh okay but wasn't it an early release when they were having trouble with the electroplating? Blimey I need to now pull that one out of storage Hehe.

Definitely! A318s, A319s, A320s, A321s, the NEOs... I need at least one of each variant in my collection 😁

I'd definitely get the LACSA and TACA specials, and the standard livery of course.

Yes, they do 😃 We all learn something new everyday 💯

I'm crossing my fingers 🤞
a latam a320-200 would be nice 2

Oh it does?!!....oh okay but wasn't it an early release when they were having trouble with the electroplating? Blimey I need to now pull that one out of storage Hehe.
Lol! I know it’s so hard to remember everything about all these releases. The Delta -500 came out in 2019 before the problems started, which was just after the pandemic hit in March 2020. So it has all that lovely blingy metal - definitely deserves to be pulled out of storage and admired, it’s a thing of beauty! ✈️👏😉

I'd much rather have HHK as it was put in service - in the shown livery but with its original long exhaust cowls. I wonder, does NG have a mould for the long cowl without hot section reversers?

There's so many livery variations on HHK stand alone:
- first flight as N64854
- rollout/pre-delivery (VR-HHK on #2 intake, L-1011 titles, line# behind the cockpit)
- ln removed, reg moved to the v.tail and "Super Tristar" added
- engine update (short exhaust) as posted by pons399
- updated livery (bare instead of white around #2 exhaust, shorter titles to make room for Swire logo - though on K it was seen just aft of the cockpit)
- updated Swire logo

I'd go for long exhausts with "Lockheed L-1011" and "Super TriStar" titles.

Btw, HHV in fresh CX colors with grey belly (hiding away the Court livery) would also look sweet.

Official release is coming a little late it seems, NG usually announces stuff the day after hints drop.
Not always… NG can by very unpredictable when it comes to release announcements after the hints. September last year comes to mind…

Bear in mind that it is very early in the month, and NG do not usually announce anything until the 27th at the earliest. And besides, it is the Lunar New Year holiday, so nothing will be happening in their factory for the next week.

Patience is key! 🤣

Official release is coming a little late it seems, NG usually announces stuff the day after hints drop.
Someone else said this on another forum, but if you’re expecting consistency out of model releases, you’ll be thoroughly disappointed. The only manufacturer that’s ever consistent is Aeroclassics, and even then there’s been exceptions.

Nothing will be happening in their factory or in any factory in China until February 6th. They might release them soon for preorder though to see what demand looks like and adjust production accordingly.