New Icelandair B737 Max9 from Phoenix.

Steinar

I was a bit concerned ordering the new Phoenix models Icelandair B737 Max 9. I have many older B737 from Phoenix with kind of very weird cockpit windows.
They arrived today and I must say I'm quite satisfied and happy. Not the same cockpit windows as in the past. Overall looking very good in my eyes. On top I've also ordered the four NG Icelandair Max9 coming soon. (Being Icelandic origin I just have to order ALL). After NG's arrival, let's see what the keepers will be. What's your opinion?

Icelandair B737 Max9 TF-ICB PH_6.JPGIcelandair B737 Max9 TF-ICD PH_7.JPG

I was a bit concerned ordering the new Phoenix models Icelandair B737 Max 9. I have many older B737 from Phoenix with kind of very weird cockpit windows.
They arrived today and I must say I'm quite satisfied and happy. Not the same cockpit windows as in the past. Overall looking very good in my eyes. On top I've also ordered the four NG Icelandair Max9 coming soon. (Being Icelandic origin I just have to order ALL). After NG's arrival, let's see what the keepers will be. What's your opinion?

View attachment 14766View attachment 14767
I've noticed that PHX got the aft emergency exit door with a port hole window correct, but on the NG drawing they have a full size window!

Attachments

• space_1004_89005-1680754036179.jpg
    space_1004_89005-1680754036179.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 25
This Phoenix version look nice (and surely much better than other 737 efforts by Phoenix) but the nose gear seems to be too low... the wheels are quite near the gear doors, making it look like a 737NG instead of a 737 MAX, which should have a longer nose gear leg.

Judging by your pictures, the main gear legs also seem to be too far aft? I don't think they should be that distant from the engines.

Last edited:

View attachment 14766View attachment 14767
I really like them! I might get the NG ones