Manufacture company logos on models discussion

NoAddedSalt

What are your opinions on the company on the bottom of some manufactures logos?
Do you like them or not?

Attachments

• IMG_9033.jpeg
    IMG_9033.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9032.jpeg
    IMG_9032.jpeg
    976.8 KB · Views: 26
He's asking about the model company logos not the airline ones, and in which case I like it better without. The model branding can be done on the packaging and I'd say that's sufficient.
Oh, i thought he was talking about the airline logos under the plane, as both of the pics feature logos under the plane. It actually seems that the Model Company Logo has gotten smaller over time. Historically, the logo under the plane in GJ Releases was decently sized. but it has gotten smaller. (i say this as i own a GJ El Al 707)

Oh, i thought he was talking about the airline logos under the plane, as both of the pics feature logos under the plane. It actually seems that the Model Company Logo has gotten smaller over time. Historically, the logo under the plane in GJ Releases was decently sized. but it has gotten smaller. (i say this as i own a GJ El Al 707)
My gemini 777s logo on the bottom is barely noticeable but it would be useful to show people who arent in the hobby what a gemini jet is

I like them, I think it's a charming tradition. But, yes, it does get in the way when the model also has relevant elements of the livery on the belly.

When a model is "as real as it gets" there's ZERO room for having a manufacturer branding on it.

But these are airplane models. Gemini's slogan refers to the high amount of precise detailing these models have, but they are all scale replicas at the end of the day. If one is to take that statement so literally then I'd argue that the windows are completely wrong, as they look like painted grey squares don't the fuselage, when in reality they are clear.

I like them, I think it's a charming tradition. But, yes, it does get in the way when the model also has relevant elements of the livery on the belly.

But these are airplane models. Gemini's slogan refers to the high amount of precise detailing these models have, but they are all scale replicas at the end of the day. If one is to take that statement so literally then I'd argue that the windows are completely wrong, as they look like painted grey squares don't the fuselage, when in reality they are clear.
Let's be serious Jorge.
There's a BIG difference between the technical feasibility of certain details and totally superfluos detailings like having the makers logo on the model.

Let's be serious Jorge.
There's a BIG difference between the technical feasibility of certain details and totally superfluos detailings like having the makers logo on the model.

Of course, I know...

Now seriously, going back to the main topic, omitting the manufacturer's logo will the livery more realistic. But still, I think there is merit to having some sort of manufacturer identification on the model. Can the box fulfill this purpose? I suppose.

Genuine opinion on my part. In fact, when I customize, I add my initials to the belly of the model.

This Servivensa Super 27 has my initials, and Nick Webb's name (the owner of Classic Airliners decals, he includes that decal with his name in his sets)

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 12.49.20 PM.png

The great majority will not like the logos. I think we could do without them. It’s not like you can’t distinguish a GJs over an AC anyway. Used to think that Phoenix’s logo was pretty discreet, with just a few lines. Gemini’s was much bigger until their more recent releases got smaller branding. Is is much better, but even better is no branding.