3D Design Deck Monthly improvements

I tried with bedfordshire diecast a few times. It led nowhere. I sent to order form but never got an order. So I’m currently focusing on the USA for a couple months, then I’m going to try again with the UK earlier next year.
Have you tried the Aviation Megastore in Amsterdam yet? They usually seem to stock almost everything. Otherwise Scalemodelstore, also here in the Netherlands, tends to take up anything they don't

Is there any major distinct differences between the Dc-9-10 and the Dc-9-30? I’ve been looking for 15 min and besides length, I can only find the addition of 1 antenna and a notch on the front of the wing.
The DC-9-10/15 has the vortilon on top of the wing. And the wing is shorter than the -30. Also there is a small difference in the wing box fairing. That'ts mentioned in the link I sent in the DC-9-30 section.

Attachments

• dc9-guide-image016.jpg
    dc9-guide-image016.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Is there any major distinct differences between the Dc-9-10 and the Dc-9-30? I’ve been looking for 15 min and besides length, I can only find the addition of 1 antenna and a notch on the front of the wing.
That article that was referenced a few posts ago has tremendous detail on that. The wing is different. The wing to body fairing is different. No anhedral (downward angle) on the h-stabs.

Your wing to body fairing appears to be the latest style, only accurate for the -33/34, 41, and 51. You will also need to change that (and the wing incidence itself) for the -31/32.

I tried with bedfordshire diecast a few times. It led nowhere. I sent to order form but never got an order. So I’m currently focusing on the USA for a couple months, then I’m going to try again with the UK earlier next year.
Firstly, your models look great and I hope to purchase some soon. I know many collectors are sceptical of 3D printed models, but I'm a fan. I also think this thread is an excellent idea, as long as it doesn't get bogged down in wishlists.

In terms of UK retailers, perhaps you could reach out to Aviation Retail Direct www.aviationretaildirect.com or Aircraft Model Store www.aircraftmodelstore.co.uk

Firstly, your models look great and I hope to purchase some soon. I know many collectors are sceptical of 3D printed models, but I'm a fan. I also think this thread is an excellent idea, as long as it doesn't get bogged down in wishlists.

In terms of UK retailers, perhaps you could reach out to Aviation Retail Direct www.aviationretaildirect.com or Aircraft Model Store www.aircraftmodelstore.co.uk
I think wish lists are an important part of collector to manufacturer interaction. Perhaps that might warrant a separate thread.

I think wish lists are an important part of collector to manufacturer interaction. Perhaps that might warrant a separate thread.
I agree, however they shouldn't detract from the purpose of this thread, so your suggestion of a separate thread for wishlists is a good one.

Last edited:
The DC-9-10/15 has the vortilon on top of the wing. And the wing is shorter than the -30. Also there is a small difference in the wing box fairing. That'ts mentioned in the link I sent in the DC-9-30 section.
Yes I just got a chance to take a look that article, it has some crazy detail. Thank you so much for the link.

Yeah sure how so?
The tail and engine exhausts mainly.

The vertical stabilizer angle on the trailing edge should be more, almost but not quite parallel to the leading edge.
The top bit where the beacon goes shouldn't pass the elevator so much.
The apu exhaust isn't as long or square.
The engine exhausts should be more of a continuous line downwards with the actual exhaust protruding slightly at the bottom end.

Hope I'm not too picky. I just really like your work and want to see it get as good as it can be.

Attachments

• IMG_20240929_094848.jpg
    IMG_20240929_094848.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240929_095054.jpg
    IMG_20240929_095054.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2024-09-29-09-52-33-486_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-29-09-52-33-486_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240929_095307.jpg
    IMG_20240929_095307.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 9
The tail and engine exhausts mainly.

The vertical stabilizer angle on the trailing edge should be more, almost but not quite parallel to the leading edge.
The top bit where the beacon goes shouldn't pass the elevator so much.
The apu exhaust isn't as long or square.
The engine exhausts should be more of a continuous line downwards with the actual exhaust protruding slightly at the bottom end.

Hope I'm not too picky. I just really like your work and want to see it get as good as it can be.
The APU I have already fixed but the rest is an easy touch up for next months release, thanks.

The rest is all very quick fixes as well, I’ll make sure to implement them.