MAF General Chat

Aw man. Oh well at least you love your toys! My toys back then got the treating of being in a war zone despite being fully loaded with civilians...
I found that 1975 Lego set in a charity shop for 50p 🤣 I knocked a good few toys around as well, just like any other kid would. However by the time I was 12 I started looking after them a bit more, the Lego Airport Shuttle being the first set I kept together carefully in the original box, and still have it to this day. It was a big deal purchase for my 12th birthday back in 1994, it cost £100 which back then was a fair bit of money to spend on Lego...it was the very last one in the shop, the set had actually gone out of production that year. Too many memories still attached to this stuff!

However by the time I was 12 I started looking after them a bit more, the Lego Airport Shuttle being the first set I kept together carefully in the original box, and still have it to this day. It was a big deal purchase for my 12th birthday back in 1994, it cost £100 which back then was a fair bit of money to spend on Lego...it was the very last one in the shop, the set had actually gone out of production that year. Too many memories still attached to this stuff!
I’m in awe. A sealed airport shuttle costs a pretty penny nowadays!

I found that 1975 Lego set in a charity shop for 50p 🤣 I knocked a good few toys around as well, just like any other kid would. However by the time I was 12 I started looking after them a bit more, the Lego Airport Shuttle being the first set I kept together carefully in the original box, and still have it to this day. It was a big deal purchase for my 12th birthday back in 1994, it cost £100 which back then was a fair bit of money to spend on Lego...it was the very last one in the shop, the set had actually gone out of production that year. Too many memories still attached to this stuff!
Wow I didn't know that airport shuttle set was from 1994. And 100 pounds doesn't seem too bad for the average lego set. Especially if you somehow manage to not break it. I think the only 2 lego's that are intact from my slightly younger days is the Porsche lego technic set and a private jet that came with a Limo and some cursed tug. The Porsche was more like my dad's property and the plane is more like one of those old birds you'd find at a plane graveyard. Sadly other than those 2 anything older than 2019 would've been broken by me.

I’m in awe. A sealed airport shuttle costs a pretty penny nowadays!
I know, I’ve seen that 😮 Madness!! Especially if there are people shelling out crazy figures for an unopened set, which means it will have to stay unopened, otherwise they’ll have lost a few grand there straightaway! It’s crazy!

Wow I didn't know that airport shuttle set was from 1994. And 100 pounds doesn't seem too bad for the average lego set. Especially if you somehow manage to not break it. I think the only 2 lego's that are intact from my slightly younger days is the Porsche lego technic set and a private jet that came with a Limo and some cursed tug. The Porsche was more like my dad's property and the plane is more like one of those old birds you'd find at a plane graveyard. Sadly other than those 2 anything older than 2019 would've been broken by me.
Yeah that set was in production for only 4 years, 1990-1994. It was deleted when they rebooted their entire range that year, and dropped the ‘Legoland’ identity, becoming instead Lego ‘System’. Given what that set goes for now, that was a pretty good price 😂 Keep hold of those 2 sets you have, they may end up doing better than gold!