How do you display your collection?

Thank you. There's actually a reason for that. I have a few "tail draggers" that absolutely refuse to stand properly. When I anchored my cabinets to the wall, they are at a slight angle, so if I display them tails out, all of the tail draggers stay with their nose gear on the ground.
😄 Very clever, well they look nice like that, a different perspective. Very efficient set up BTW.

----------------

Here are two recent candid shots of the room that I have been authorized to occupy with my airplane stuff.

Detolf modified with the extra shelves (one with plexiglass), and legs (I can't stand having them sitting on the bare floor).

IMG_2347.jpg

And below are the two original Klingsbo towers in those two corners of the room. These are by far my favorite display showcases. Unfortunately, they seem to have been discontinued as they haven't been in stock in Houston for years. In the middle, there is a Havsta set of cabinets intended to display memorabilia, but as you can see I have a bit of a mess there, and even some models "temporarily."

My database shows 263 pieces in all scales, so I'm guessing that's about 230 1:400, with a bank of arrivals on the way. Yes, I'm running out of space again. Not sure if I will set up some wall shelves or, much to my dismay, pack up part of the collection until we move or something.

IMG_2343.jpg

*Edit* The four towers hold only 1:400 models. The models in the Havsta are of various larger scales, 1:500 and 1:600.

😄 Very clever, well they look nice like that, a different perspective. Very efficient set up BTW.

----------------

Here are two recent candid shots of the room that I have been authorized to occupy with my airplane stuff.

Detolf modified with the extra shelves (one with plexiglass), and legs (I can't stand having them sitting on the bare floor).

View attachment 3102

And below are the two original Klingsbo towers in those two corners of the room. These are by far my favorite display showcases. Unfortunately, they seem to have been discontinued as they haven't been in stock in Houston for years. In the middle, there is a Havsta set of cabinets intended to display memorabilia, but as you can see I have a bit of a mess there, and even some models "temporarily."

My database shows 263 pieces in all scales, so I'm guessing that's about 230 1:400, with a bank of arrivals on the way. Yes, I'm running out of space again. Not sure if I will set up some wall shelves or, much to my dismay, pack up part of the collection until we move or something.

View attachment 3103

*Edit* The four towers hold only 1:400 models. The models in the Havsta are of various larger scales, 1:500 and 1:600.
Such of amazing setup...looks amazing!

----------------

View attachment 3102

View attachment 3103

Very nice! The legs on the Detolf are a must.

I might as well show the other side of the room... sorry for the mess on the desk. What I really wanted to show is the far corner where my diorama used to sit (you can still see the base there without the building), and my make shift "photo studio." I'm working on a new diorama that I plan to put there, no ETA so far 😓.

IMG_2348.jpg

----------------

View attachment 3102

View attachment 3103

Something else. This is a dream setup right here! Love the chair and aviation items.

Here is my small collection, I primarily collects 1:400 (other scales are gifts that I received from my uncles and aunts - who worked for booking agents/ logistics company/ friends). My collection is kept fron sunlight as I have curtains in my room. However I took this picture with sunlight for better color. The shelf was a custom order of my Dad for me in early 2010s. I collected 1:400 heavily since 2018s or so (my 1:400 collection started in around 2013). I am currently running out of stands... I need to get more.20221024_130223.jpg

Here is my small collection, I primarily collects 1:400 (other scales are gifts that I received from my uncles and aunts - who worked for booking agents/ logistics company/ friends). My collection is kept fron sunlight as I have curtains in my room. However I took this picture with sunlight for better color. The shelf was a custom order of my Dad for me in early 2010s. I collected 1:400 heavily since 2018s or so (my 1:400 collection started in around 2013). I am currently running out of stands... I need to get more.View attachment 3111
Epic! I like the stands to save ground space.

----------------

View attachment 3102

View attachment 3103

Would love to have a display like that, looks awesome! Where'd you get the posters?

Something else. This is a dream setup right here! Love the chair and aviation items.

Thanks, up until about three years ago I only had one of the Klingsbo towers with about 50 1:400 models, and the room was mainly used to do school work and run errands on the laptop. I’m much happier with it now. The chairs are from an American Airlines 757, unfortunately I was not able to get the tail number.
Would love to have a display like that, looks awesome! Where'd you get the posters?

Thanks!

Posters:

The Concorde one came from the “enthusiast’s” aisle of a defunct pilot shop here in Houston. It is the one that I have had the longest.

The 767 in the sunset is from an ANA calendar. I collected those for about 4 consecutive years, so have tons of ANA pictures rolled up in the attic.

The MD-80 one came from eBay, it is a very nice vintage McDonnell Douglas promo poster.

The one in the middle came from Etsy, it is a print of a work of art by a Venezuelan artist (Cruz Diez) that has been used to decorate the international terminal at Caracas Maiquetía airport since it opened in 1978 until the present time. This is the most recent one and got it when I got back into collecting and re-arranged the room into that space you see in the pictures.

The Comair CRJ700 was part of the decoration of the Aerosim (originally the Comair Aviation Academy) Houston-EFD location. When they closed said location, some pictures were left behind and those in the right place at the right time got to keep them. That one wound up in my hands.

I got the Top Gun poster when I went to watch the 3D version in 2013. As if getting to see the original Top Gun on the big screen wasn't enough of a treat, those posters were unexpectedly handed out personally to all the attendees 🤘.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad you guys liked it, and thanks for the nice comments. I don't get to share my cave with other aviation enthusiasts too often. This is the first time I post pics of the entire setup online.

Here is my small collection, I primarily collects 1:400 (other scales are gifts that I received from my uncles and aunts - who worked for booking agents/ logistics company/ friends). My collection is kept fron sunlight as I have curtains in my room. However I took this picture with sunlight for better color. The shelf was a custom order of my Dad for me in early 2010s. I collected 1:400 heavily since 2018s or so (my 1:400 collection started in around 2013). I am currently running out of stands... I need to get more.View attachment 3111

Nice set up Harry. That is a healthy collection right there. This is a lifetime hobby, we will always run out of space, and always find a way to make more space for more airplanes.

Epic! I like the stands to save ground space.
Me too! I am in the process of thinking getting new stands. Having at least 10 arrivals coming and I have not figured out the way to display them. Yet. I want to get more. Probably I would keep them in boxes or when I have time, I might get my cabinet rearranged (though my current arrangement already strictly following space-saving methods!).

Nice set up Harry. That is a healthy collection right there. This is a lifetime hobby, we will always run out of space, and always find a way to make more space for more airplanes.
Thank you so much! It is true is my lifetime hobby. When I moved to my current house I have the thought to get a bigger display cabinet, but it was in 2017 and I still have plenty of space then! Now I need to get the stands...