Best Place to Buy 1:400 Aircraft?

LAXaviation

Hello everyone. I think we need to discuss the topic on what are some of the best places to buy 1:400 aircraft.
A few of my favorites are Midwest model store. They have great prices and a large selection of models. Also Pandafox toys is another one. they have some good way of finding rare models but with a high price tag for some.
Let me know what is your recommended dealer.

My personal favourite store is Collectors Aircraft Models Australia, or CAMAUST. They have a great range and decent prices, plus they are local to me. I have ordered overseas a lot, as it tends to be cheaper than in Australia, but I don’t really have a preference. There is a Hong Kong based store, First Class Collectables, that have a great range of models (Including a lot of highly sort-after ones) at great prices. I also use Collectable Aircraft Wings Australia, they have a slightly smaller range than CAMAUST but often are a bit cheaper.

I think 85% of my 420+ collection is bought from Aviation Center Berlin. Great customer service and nice guys to communicate with.

I think 85% of my 420+ collection is bought from Aviation Center Berlin. Great customer service and nice guys to communicate with.
Same here, never had any problems. Another recommended shop would be AMS in the Nederlands.

Same here, never had any problems. Another recommended shop would be AMS in the Nederlands.
Yes, did visit them during Aviation fair in Amsterdam. They are a huge shop and I bought some model. But I have been a customer of ACB since 2003 if I remember correctly.

Waffle Collectibles is a great store. I have heard of the issues some collectors have with the person who runs the store, but outside of that, I have had no issues with him at all. He occasionally gets collection sales that have really rare gems in them for good deals. I have gotten several rare, hard-to-find, and expensive models for really good deals off those collection sales.

Another one I recommend is DGPilot. Great customer service and fast shipping. Their selection is a little small though, however for what they have, it’s pretty decent.

I second JJ's opinion. I've been buying almost exclusively from Waffle ever since last year, and they have always been the most punctual and reliable. Collection sales is indeed another unique offering that cannot be found in any other retailers that I know of, and I for sure have acquired some amazing hidden gems like the AA chrome 763, and the Delta Spirit 762 that is actually on its way as I speak! I'm fully aware of the customer service situation but I believe he now has CS representatives that allow for better communication.

Most if those places that people said have shipping prices that would kill me like 30+ dollars for one model, i mean no thank you

Most if those places that people said have shipping prices that would kill me like 30+ dollars for one model, i mean no thank you
Shipping prices have gone up all around the world, largely in part due to the global shipping chain issues. USPS Priority Mail in the United Staets is already $12 on average from the retailers I buy from.

On that note, I should bring up PandaFox again; they always offer 5% off coupons that give you free shipping. It’s really helpful in saving you those twelve or so dollars that would normally go to shipping, so that way you’re only paying for the model itself, not the model and the cost of transporting it to you.

Midwest Model Store has been my fantastic for me and I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Great stock, excellent customer service, and fast shipping. High recommended.

I used to shop exclusively with Diecast Airplane Store since they were based in the same state as me. But it got to a point where I felt like items weren't getting out on time and lack of communication. I've had good luck with Waffle, Jetcollector.com and Airline Museum (before the buyout). But now I pretty much buy only from @Midwest. Speaking of, when are we getting JC and Phoenix through you?

I personally like used models, a good example is my arrow air DC10 from Geminijets that i got at the Toronto aviation and airline collectibles show for $26 cad! i highly recommend that show they had great deals and rare models. some of my first planes were from dicast jets but lately i have been getting mostly used ones.

I used to shop exclusively with Diecast Airplane Store since they were based in the same state as me. But it got to a point where I felt like items weren't getting out on time and lack of communication. I've had good luck with Waffle, Jetcollector.com and Airline Museum (before the buyout). But now I pretty much buy only from @Midwest. Speaking of, when are we getting JC and Phoenix through you?
Appreciate your business as always my friend. JC Wings incoming by the end of this year. Not sure on Phoenix yet, may try to add a few other brands that cater to the American market before bringing on Phoenix.

Appreciate your business as always my friend. JC Wings incoming by the end of this year. Not sure on Phoenix yet, may try to add a few other brands that cater to the American market before bringing on Phoenix.
Talking of new stock, @Midwest do you plan on stocking the AV400 A380s? Thanks :)