Best Place to Buy 1:400 Aircraft?

Waffle Collectibles is a great store. I have heard of the issues some collectors have with the person who runs the store, but outside of that, I have had no issues with him at all. He occasionally gets collection sales that have really rare gems in them for good deals. I have gotten several rare, hard-to-find, and expensive models for really good deals off those collection sales.

Another one I recommend is DGPilot. Great customer service and fast shipping. Their selection is a little small though, however for what they have, it’s pretty decent.
I've used Waffle for years, with no issues at all. I also use Jetcollector.com and Aeroclassics.com

I'm pretty sure that they do. When Richard Stretton lived in New Zealand, he mentioned that he purchased a lot of his models from Waffle.

I think most of my models have come from Waffle. Back in the day he used to retail Aeroclassics, that plus the collection sales gave me little reason to go anywhere else.

Since he stopped selling AC I mainly go there for something in the collection sale, and if there is a new model I want that he has I might throw it in there to save on shipping.

Then Eztoyz and Jetcollector, since they sell all brands and offer free shipping above certain price. It comes down to who has what on stock (usually a model will be sold out at one of them, etc…)

Then if I only one want a new release from one of the brands that PandaFox retails my business goes to them for their free shipping and great coupon program.

Recently I was looking for the Panda Varig 737s and none of the above had them in stock, so I was happy to find a good reason to give my business to Midwest, as they deserve it after the great initiative they had with this site. Shipping with UPS was fast and smooth, unfortunately when the models arrived I was on my the other side of the world, but I’m eagerly waiting to get back home and see them.

Then there is the Texan Airplane Store. I recently got to meet them in person and they earned a preorder from me for the NOV NGs. They also have great discounts with promo codes and intra-city shipping in Houston is close to free.

Those are the main ones depending of what my needs are at the moment.

Last edited:
Does Waffle ship worldwide? They have a couple of models I would like but I am not sure if they ship to Australia. Thanks :)
They do. Waffle's shipping rate certainly isn't the cheapest but I'd say it's deemed reasonable for international shipping standards nowadays -- speaking of which their DHL service is one of the fastest among the model retailers.

They do. Waffle's shipping rate certainly isn't the cheapest but I'd say it's deemed reasonable for international shipping standards nowadays -- speaking of which their DHL service is one of the fastest among the model retailers.
Thanks for the info. Even if their shipping is expensive, I still think it will be cheaper than ordering those models in Australia.

Hello everyone. I think we need to discuss the topic on what are some of the best places to buy 1:400 aircraft.
A few of my favorites are Midwest model store. They have great prices and a large selection of models. Also Pandafox toys is another one. they have some good way of finding rare models but with a high price tag for some.
Let me know what is your recommended dealer.
Depends on were you live to be honest

I purchase from 3 stores over the last 15 years EZ Toys down in San Diego ever since they were just a small brick and mortar store in a shopping plaza (Horton Toys”) also no charge for pre orders . Next was Waffle Collectibles “never had an issue and quick service.” Lastly DG pilot. I’ve been buying from Donnie since he opened and let me tell you, his customer service and passion for the hobby is top notch plus great coupons!

Bedfordshire diecast is always my go to as I live in the UK and with the weakened £ it’s more cost effective to buy domestically. AMS are always pretty good but they have put prices up to nearly £44 for a 737 which is too much imo.

In Europe the best place to find a enter air? Mine i have seen a defect..... And i want take a new one, before i had take from lovejet.
And now i don't know where to by where also they can check before to send