Aviation Tags

Yep, I really like them! I have ones from Flagship Tulsa (American DC-3), an American MD-80, the Gimli Glider (Air Canada 767-200), Southwest Lone Star One 737-300, and Southwest California One 737-300.

I’ve got a few tags and I love them all. All of them from BA/BOAC. I’ve got:
G-EUNA A318
G-EUOH A319
G-AWNA 747-100
G-BDXG 747-200
G-BNLX 747-400
G-CIVE 747-400
G-CIVI 747-400
G-CIVP 747-400
G-CIVY 747-400
G-CIVZ 747-400
G-BNWH 767-300
G-ZZZC 777-200

G-CIVM - very small model cast from her original skin from a company called Aerotiques who are amazing
G-CIVY - window piece cut from original plane which is my pride and joy as CIVY was the last BA 747 to leave LHR back in Nov 20.

I was lucky enough to get two of the recent KE tags made by none other than the airline itself. HL7461, the last standing KE 744 and the one I flew on two times myself, and HL7715, one of their older 772s.

I also own two other Delta tags made by PlaneTags, an MD-88 and a 763.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get two of the recent KE tags made by none other than the airline itself. HL7461, the last standing KE 744 and the one I flew on two time myself, and HL7715, one of their older 772s.

I also own two other Delta tags made by PlaneTags, an MD-88 and a 763.
Super cool that you managed to snag 7461, especially with that personal connection. I was also considering getting 7715 from eskyshop, but ended up choosing 7473 instead.

New arrival today, thought I might as well bump. Birthday present from my girlfriend which is this “retired” series so to speak, this came from N602DL which was with Delta of course. Not entirely sure why it doesn’t have the reg on it and some Delta artwork or something (instead the card art looks like it was made to look dirty). It came with a checklist and showed the same reg released a year earlier than this one with this release having just the S/N. Anywho really happy with this addition to my two I have already!

IMG_2976.jpeg

The great thing with these skin tags is that they give a nice idea about the actual colors used by airline (granted these really are genuinely painted skins)
The Delta tag perfectly shows how off-white DL's "white" really is.

New arrival today, thought I might as well bump. Birthday present from my girlfriend which is this “retired” series so to speak, this came from N602DL which was with Delta of course. Not entirely sure why it doesn’t have the reg on it and some Delta artwork or something (instead the card art looks like it was made to look dirty). It came with a checklist and showed the same reg released a year earlier than this one with this release having just the S/N. Anywho really happy with this addition to my two I have already!

View attachment 27664
That is an early tag, before Delta granted licensing. The S/N is used because DL objected to the use of the registration that was traceable to them. This one is quite valuable (though less so than the few that had N602DL engraved on them, before Delta's lawyers got wind of it). There is also an Air Canada "Gimli Glider" 767 tag that is labeled "FIN 604" instead of "C-GAUN" as would otherwise be expected.

There is also a newer DL 757 release that is fully licensed and features the logo and a customized card, and is still for sale on the MotoArt website.

Side note, there was also a Northwest "bowling shoe" DC-9 early on that I missed out on, available in either white or "maroon" (though the actual color in that scheme was a bright red), and I really wanted one since the NW DC-9 featured quite heavily at Indianapolis. But they came out with one in the final silver scheme that ended up filling that hole, so it's all good now.

Last edited:
That is an early tag, before Delta granted licensing. The S/N is used because DL objected to the use of the registration that was traceable to them. This one is quite valuable (though less so than the few that had N602DL engraved on them, before Delta's lawyers got wind of it). There is also an Air Canada "Gimli Glider" 767 tag that is labeled "FIN 604" instead of "C-GAUN" as would otherwise be expected.

There is also a newer DL 757 release that is fully licensed and features the logo and a customized card, and is still for sale on the MotoArt website.

Side note, there was also a Northwest "bowling shoe" DC-9 early on that I missed out on, available in either white or "maroon" (though the actual color in that scheme was a bright red), and I really wanted one since the NW DC-9 featured quite heavily at Indianapolis. But they came out with one in the final silver scheme that ended up filling that hole, so it's all good now.
Very good to know! I do indeed have that new 757 already! I will keep a lookout for the one with N602DL engraved onto it. I do hope you can find the other DC-9 sometime! Thank you a ton!

Very good to know! I do indeed have that new 757 already! I will keep a lookout for the one with N602DL engraved onto it. I do hope you can find the other DC-9 sometime! Thank you a ton!
You're welcome. I'm not worried about that DC-9. It's going for three figures and I'd rather put that into 1:400...

I have not intentionally purchased any Aviation Tags, but have two of them. I like them though.

One is from Lufthansa 747-400 D-ABTE that came with my JC Wings 1:400 model of the same airplane. I have another one from United (I believe it's from their last 747) that came in a goodie bag during a visit to their training center.

I do have a few tags myself. All are aircraft that flew into IND.
American MD-83 N475AA.
AA tag.jpg
Allegheny BAC 1-11 N1550.
AL tag.jpg
Delta MD-88 N82DL.
DL tag.jpg
Eastern DC-9-31 N8990E
EA tag.jpg
Northwest DC-9-30 N920RW. This one also flew in Republic colors, so it almost counts double.
NW tag.jpg
Southwest 737-300 N665WN.
WN tag.jpg
TWA DC-9-30 N976Z. This one also flew in Ozark colors, so it almost counts double too.
TW tag.jpg
United 727-200 N7262U.
UA tag.jpg
USAir 737-200 N200AU.US tag.jpg