Aeroclassics November 2022 speculation thread

On another note, does anyone know when Ozark introduced the livery represented on 983Z? I think it was sometime in the late 70s/early 80s but I could be mistaken. I know for sure that it was the last livery as TWA merged with Ozark in ‘86.

EDIT: for reference…
9EA776CC-31C8-4060-8251-6A879D65BBF7.jpeg

I was very interested in the KLM A330, until I checked how the livery was done... Huge dissapointment... The 2012 release was so much better.

Loving the excitement here! 😂✈️✈️👏 Definitely going for that THY DC-9, what a cracker, and possibly the Air Jamaica DC-9 as well, I like that bright sunny livery, and don’t have anything from Jamaica in my collection at all!

Hoping the N310XX is an Eastern in bare metal. Oh wait, it can't be. N310EA is the one that crashed in the Florida Everglades in 1972.

It’s a TWA “Hollow Titles” Twin-Stripe -100, N31030, with “dash100” on the nose & #2

Attachments

• 28A8C0E5-2877-4562-A17C-75950C0026EC.jpeg
    28A8C0E5-2877-4562-A17C-75950C0026EC.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 15
Definitely getting the Ozark DC-9-30.
On another note, does anyone know when Ozark introduced the livery represented on 983Z? I think it was sometime in the late 70s/early 80s but I could be mistaken. I know for sure that it was the last livery as TWA merged with Ozark in ‘86.

EDIT: for reference…
View attachment 5105
As far as I can tell, Ozark introduced this color scheme in June, 1979. Still trying to find exact date for it.

Malev Il-18s for me - pax and cargo, but was hoping to see the earlier livery. Maybe next month?

Secured my couple as well, and had a complete change of mind in the process 😂 Thought I was set on the THY DC-9 but it wasn’t quite the right scheme for my era, this is the 1960s delivery c/s and the later ‘striped’ version is what I really need. That’s been made already I think.

So, went for an SAS DC-9 instead, LN-RLS, the 1st SAS model to enter my collection. The other (OY-KGW) was only with the airline for about a year from delivery, 1967-68, too narrow a window for my criteria.

Changed the Air Jamaica DC-9 for an Ozark as well, I like the history of that airline and adds to my historic US domestic carrier collection. What I really want is a wide-body in that AJ scheme, have to track that A300 down…

Can only budget for 2 this month! 😮😂✈️✈️

Loving the excitement here! 😂✈️✈️👏 Definitely going for that THY DC-9, what a cracker, and possibly the Air Jamaica DC-9 as well, I like that bright sunny livery, and don’t have anything from Jamaica in my collection at all!
Like the Viscount mould, have you noticed how pointed that nose is on the THY DC-9? Possibly another issue of polishing the mould?

Like the Viscount mould, have you noticed how pointed that nose is on the THY DC-9? Possibly another issue of polishing the mould?
Yes I have Adrian, I noticed it on my recent BMA DC-9 as well, but can’t really see it when viewed at normal distance on display. I would say that it is possibly due to the finishing process of the castings, just a smidgen of extra buffing over the nose on the wheel would have had that out 😉

I actually changed my mind on the THY DC-9 due to the livery style not meeting my criteria - switched it for the SAS ✈️👍

Secured my couple as well, and had a complete change of mind in the process 😂 Thought I was set on the THY DC-9 but it wasn’t quite the right scheme for my era, this is the 1960s delivery c/s and the later ‘striped’ version is what I really need. That’s been made already I think.

So, went for an SAS DC-9 instead, LN-RLS, the 1st SAS model to enter my collection. The other (OY-KGW) was only with the airline for about a year from delivery, 1967-68, too narrow a window for my criteria.

Changed the Air Jamaica DC-9 for an Ozark as well, I like the history of that airline and adds to my historic US domestic carrier collection. What I really want is a wide-body in that AJ scheme, have to track that A300 down…

Can only budget for 2 this month! 😮😂✈️✈️
Actually both these SAS DC-9-32 was only one year with SAS. Leased from Swissair 67-68.