Aeroclassics July 2024 releases

Dude, it's not that deep. All I'm saying is that Phantom does not collect Aeroclassics (he doesn't, what do you want me to do about it?) Yet he is suddenly interested in Aeroclassics production practices. Hence, this is purely a recreational discussion as ultimately it doesn't really matter to him what Aeroclassics does since he is not interested in getting any of their models anyway. The same discussion is going on with @Madridista at DAC. Same thing applies.
Bro, why does this irk you so much, I really don't understand. If anything, this is a hobby with a broad spectrum of spaces of interest, and everyone has their own areas of expertise, curiosity and inquiry to pursue - so no one is forced to explain to you, or to anyone else for that matter, why they're here, or whether they have an Acre Ridge Collectors Club pedigree, especially when they have valid points to make, and from which, as a community, we enrich our understanding and exchange knowledge about aspects of the hobby.
This is exactly the kind of gatekeeping that I'm presuming you're unknowingly engaging with. How many models you purchase, or what you purchase, or not, is not a criteria at all for participation and exchange. Just because someone may or may not purchase certain models, does not invalidate their participation and relevance of commentary or critique.
You seem to be personally attacked by @Madridista or @Phantom when they make relevant points or state thought-provoking facts - which seem to somehow ruffle you -and I seriously request you to introspect on this Buddy.
They have as much right to comment, as you do. In fact if anything, you clearly attack their right to comment itself, or their right as valid community participants - instead of refuting or debating what they have to say on objective or logical grounds.
Ain't healthy buddy.

Last edited:
It's not unknown, that Latin Classics sell extremely well, and are always in huge demand - and for someone running the business, this should be very obvious. I've yet to see Latin Classics lying around in first hand stores for too long.

I don't think it is quite like that. Here is the LACSA 732 by El Aviador, which is effectively a Latin Classic (uses the AC mold and all). I find it surprising that it is still available at the retail level after more than two years. Eztoys also has several rather interesting LatinClassics that nobody wants. 1, 2, 3 <- just to name some. JetCollector has even more, even one of the Aerocaribbean IL-18 is still there...

What will sell and what won't is not that obvious to the manufacturers, especially when market research in this hobby is limited to reading three online forums and two Facebook groups 🥲.

You know what I think warrants a re-release? This. I have been able to find most of the AC 707s that I'm after, but that one will not show up for less than $85. But AK re-released the Ladecos instead (why? 🙃). Given how those Ladecos (and several other Chilean releases from the last few years) are still sitting on the shelves, I bet you AK is thinking that Chile doesn't sell well, period.

Same thing with NG. They have some "LatinClassics." That Aerogal 757 will be a retailer shelf queen for several years. I bet they probably think that an Avensa one will have the same fate, not understanding that even though both airplanes are Latin 757s, they have a completely different level of relevance, and appeal to a different audience. They should use the Avianca 757 as a reference in this case, but that is quite impossible to convey to a group of people from the other side of the world, from a different era and with multiple cultural/lan gauge barriers in between.

Again this is a monster topic on its own. But the bottom line is that, sorry, AK will continue to release low numbers partly because he enjoys Aeroclassics "exclusivity," and partly because he struggles to predict what will sell and what won't.

I don't think it is quite like that. Here is the LACSA 732 by El Aviador, which is effectively a Latin Classic (uses the AC mold and all). I find it surprising that it is still available at the retail level after more than two years. Eztoys also has several rather interesting LatinClassics that nobody wants. 1, 2, 3 <- just to name some. JetCollector has even more, even one of the Aerocaribbean IL-18 is still there...

What will sell and what won't is not that obvious to the manufacturers, especially when market research in this hobby is limited to reading three online forums and two Facebook groups 🥲.

You know what I think warrants a re-release? This. I have been able to find most of the AC 707s that I'm after, but that one will not show up for less than $85. But AK re-released the Ladecos instead (why? 🙃). Given how those Ladecos (and several other Chilean releases from the last few years) are still sitting on the shelves, I bet you AK is thinking that Chile doesn't sell well, period.

Same thing with NG. They have some "LatinClassics." That Aerogal 757 will be a retailer shelf queen for several years. I bet they probably think that an Avensa one will have the same fate, not understanding that even though both airplanes are Latin 757s, they have a completely different level of relevance, and appeal to a different audience. They should use the Avianca 757 as a reference in this case, but that is quite impossible to convey to a group of people from the other side of the world, from a different era and with multiple cultural/lan gauge barriers in between.

Again this is a monster topic on its own. But the bottom line is that, sorry, AK will continue to release low numbers partly because he enjoys Aeroclassics "exclusivity," and partly because he struggles to predict what will sell and what won't.
Jorge,
Few rationalisations to place what you state here within the larger picture, to effectively support what I state - which is that there is sufficient demand:
1) The LACSA El Aviador has not been widely available. Lack of access reduces reach and thus sales. Yet, only 2 pieces are remaining On Jetcollector, and only 3 on El Aviador's own site. That's a great score. If El Aviador wouldn't have seen demand, we wouldn't have the LACSA A320 collab with La Tienda
2) All the EzToys links you shared - including the LAN Chile 737s - show 1 remaining for each - again a great score for models that were released a a little more than a year ago or two - compared and weighed against the inventory of North American centric AC models still listed on EzToys and JetCollector, for instance, with their supposedly larger customer base.
3) The Aerocaribbean on JetCollector is the Cargo variant. By observational deduction, Cargo variants tend to sell less than their Passenger counterparts - check the websites - and trust me I have scoured them - not only sites from North America, but Europe as well.
4) Regarding Ladeco and ACs Latin release choices - well - the Ladeco 707 that should be released hasn't been released yet. I'd say this is as inexplicable as NGs release choices - to put it very objectively. I can speculate on the gaps in the feedback loop (amongst which includes the heavy reliance on the Anglo-American dominant collectorate on the 400SH forum for instance) - so yeah
5) NG's is a separate discussion - as their operational model is very different. Their models are made in far larger quantities - and thus, just as GJ's tend to be available for years (see the VC-10s & Tridents still available on JetCollector, for instance), it's unsurprising that NG's will too in many cases. I wouldn't conflate that conversation with this

All I'm saying is that Phantom does not collect Aeroclassics (he doesn't, what do you want me to do about it?) Yet he is suddenly interested in Aeroclassics production practices. Hence, this is purely a recreational discussion as ultimately it doesn't really matter to him what Aeroclassics does since he is not interested in getting any of their models anyway. The same discussion is going on with @Madridista at DAC. Same thing applies.

I'm not sure what your current problem really is or why it suddenly matters to you what I buy and what not.
Just for the record: I did collect Aeroclassics, almost exclusively and quite a few, I think at a time before you joined the hobby btw. And I have my good reasons for no longer doing so. So you deprive me of voicing my opinion just because of what exactly? Come on Jorge.

I'm not sure what your current problem really is or why it suddenly matters to you what I buy and what not.
Just for the record: I did collect Aeroclassics, almost exclusively and quite a few, I think at a time before you joined the hobby btw. And I have my good reasons for no longer doing so. So you deprive me of voicing my opinion just because of what exactly? Come on Jorge.

I think there is a misunderstanding.

It is common knowledge that you are not interested in what Aeroclassics currently offers. I found it interesting that since the TAME release last month, many collectors that used to focus primarily on AC QC issues have suddenly taken an increased interest in the number of units produced, distribution, etc.

I don't believe I said you should be deprived of your voice. I sure didn't intent to.

Since I am implying the discussion can be irrelevant, maybe some of you are taking that as "it should not be discussed"? Not the case. I never said discussions have to be relevant.

Jorge,
Few rationalisations to place what you state here within the larger picture, to effectively support what I state - which is that there is sufficient demand:
1) The LACSA El Aviador has not been widely available. Lack of access reduces reach and thus sales. Yet, only 2 pieces are remaining On Jetcollector, and only 3 on El Aviador's own site. That's a great score. If El Aviador wouldn't have seen demand, we wouldn't have the LACSA A320 collab with La Tienda
2) All the EzToys links you shared - including the LAN Chile 737s - show 1 remaining for each - again a great score for models that were released a a little more than a year ago or two - compared and weighed against the inventory of North American centric AC models still listed on EzToys and JetCollector, for instance, with their supposedly larger customer base.
3) The Aerocaribbean on JetCollector is the Cargo variant. By observational deduction, Cargo variants tend to sell less than their Passenger counterparts - check the websites - and trust me I have scoured them - not only sites from North America, but Europe as well.
4) Regarding Ladeco and ACs Latin release choices - well - the Ladeco 707 that should be released hasn't been released yet. I'd say this is as inexplicable as NGs release choices - to put it very objectively. I can speculate on the gaps in the feedback loop (amongst which includes the heavy reliance on the Anglo-American dominant collectorate on the 400SH forum for instance) - so yeah
5) NG's is a separate discussion - as their operational model is very different. Their models are made in far larger quantities - and thus, just as GJ's tend to be available for years (see the VC-10s & Tridents still available on JetCollector, for instance), it's unsurprising that NG's will too in many cases. I wouldn't conflate that conversation with this

Yeah, fair enough. Then why not go ahead and send all that to AK himself and request he increase the production numbers of LatinClassics (I sure won't complain about that), I'm sure you know where to find him.

I firmly believe this hobby benefits from different players in different ways. That‘s why I think Andrew Klein, @Madridista , @Phantom or @YesterAirlines all have made valuable contributions to this hobby.

I don‘t mind gate keepers either because if Jorge were regarded as one for AC, Richard could be perceived as one for NG (maybe lately not so much). We all have different tastes and preferences.

What I see as the main problem is the extremely limited availability of Aeroclassics releases in Europe. Andrew could sell more models if they were easily available from at least one retailer per country. Even ACB failed to fulfill some of my orders in the past. And it isn‘t their fault. The distribution system is complicated to say the least.

I now order from Jetcollector which adds higher shipping costs and customs fees to the bill. Of course I consider more carefully what I order.

The second issue discussed in this thread is the quality. It‘s not what it used to be when I bought my first AC models in the early 2000s. But their choice of subjects and overall quality still convinces me regularly. That‘s why I ordered the 747 from this batch.

Fundamentally Aeroclassics only exists because Andrew likes model aircraft - for that we owe him. It is pretty small fry in comparison to all other brands on the market (most of whom also produce 200 scale as well) and the production numbers have decreased dramatically in the last decade from the decade before that. Often this decrease is to silly sub-100 figures but the company clearly doesn't make much $ and exists because Andrew wants the models and the kudos it brings. It's a hobby for him and that is fine.

However, the debt we owe to Andrew is limited (which is what that Indian conversation the other week illustrated). We all buy the models at full price and there should be an expectation that they meet a level of basic quality. Unfortunately that is often no longer the case and quite a few releases have significant errors nowadays that come from laziness and lack of care and ability at the factory. You used to at least be able to count on AC to not have build issues, but now we see them all the time too.

The fact that this recurs so regularly and hasn't been fixed is on Andrew. His ability or interest to care about the quality of what is being produced is obviously low. We also rely on Andrew's judgement as to what will sell and anyone who reads the nonsense he regularly says surely knows that judgement has limits! As Jorge says he also enjoys people chasing after his releases and the prices being higher.

I have probably bought as many Aeroclassics as everyone else on this thread combined and I agree they make the most interesting release choices, but the quality is increasingly hard to defend and that is massively frustrating. If I wanted to 'attack' Aeroclassics I would simply review every model they make, as a cursory glance at most shows obvious errors. I would be well within my rights to do that and it would be fair and accurate for me to do it.

Even with all the sh*t Andrew has done against me I still support his brand but it doesn't mean they should not be criticised, and I have zero time for telling people they shouldn't comment (which is what that Indian A320 thread ended up being). There is plenty of room for opinion in the hobby but I too often see people attacking the messenger and not the evidence presented and that is dreadful behaviour.

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, the Viasa repeats the TAME saga at AvMgS
Anyone was able to pick it up from here?
Even on JetC, way fewer were listed than the others in the same set

Unsurprisingly, the Viasa repeats the TAME saga at AvMgS
Anyone was able to pick it up from here?
Even on JetC, way fewer were listed than the others in the same set
It sold out at Jet Collector within 20 minutes apparently. I was lucky to be able to get one - or at least I probably was obviously haven't seen what it looks like yet!
There were couple Viasa listed on fleaBay last night as I saw
Probably through AK's personal eBay account

Certainly the production run on this seems smaller than all the other releases this month, which makes absolutely zero sense no matter how you look at it.

It sold out at Jet Collector within 20 minutes apparently.
Actually in less than 5! I logged in a few minutes before publishing time just to witness how it goes - and voila!
Only half-ish of the usual JetC AC quantity was listed for this one.
I was lucky to be able to get one - or at least I probably was obviously haven't seen what it looks like yet!
Great to know - on its way to you now !
Oh?!!! Sold at retail price or weebay premium?!
Certainly the production run on this seems smaller than all the other releases this month, which makes absolutely zero sense no matter how you look at it.
For sure. And yeah, totally doesn't make sense

Last edited:
It sold out at Jet Collector within 20 minutes apparently. I was lucky to be able to get one - or at least I probably was obviously haven't seen what it looks like yet!

Good to know, well I am not interested in buying or finding any of the release, so good luck guys or if you have already gotten one, congrats!

Wingsworld.cn will probably have some of them but according to what we saw with TAME restocking we can assume that the same will happen with the Viasa probably in time for the August release