Aeroclassics July 2024 releases

This is undoubtedly a great set again. Fantastic releases.
I'd pick up 6. But (bummer incoming) those 727s 😓🙈
Anyone has a picture of the Viasa?
View attachment 31322
View attachment 31324

IMG_4963.jpegIMG_4969.jpeg

Eztoys and Squatchy’s also had their own photos. No complaints here.

When AK first showed me the artwork over a year ago, it was missing the overwing reg. Glad they fixed it. Oddly enough it was that time that I pointed out the existence of a Viasa Caravelle. Looks like the overwing reg. comment set the 727 back several months and the Caravelle leapfrogged it, albeit not error-free.

Edit: Found one complaint: the flag is missing the seven stars on the blue stripe.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm loving the cockpits on any of the 727s but may get the EA and Viasa if possible.

I was thinking of getting the Jamaican DC-8 but the entire window, cockpit and striping looks too high:

AJ8.jpg

When AK first showed me the artwork over a year ago, it was missing the overwing reg. Glad they fixed it. Oddly enough it was that time that I pointed out the existence of a Viasa Caravelle. Looks like the overwing reg. comment set the 727 back several months and the Caravelle leapfrogged it, albeit not error-free.

Edit: Found one complaint: the flag is missing the seven stars on the blue stripe.
Yes I bought the Caravelle - will arrive along with some other Pre-Orders. Hoping I can lay my hands on this 727. Viasa's has always been a scheme I've loved - besides, the Venezuelan flag colours have always strikingly complemented the blue-vermilion. These will join the VA quadjetsI have.

This 727 shows the cockpit window issue as well.

Last edited:
On another note, there's a curious underproduction of certain Latin Classics releases - like the TAME 727, and now the Viasa 727.
An artificial scarcity that has it's own repercussions - not healthy for the hobby.

This needs discussion in Collector's Forums

Just a thought...
If you always keep these releases to way below estimated demand (but above min. profitable batch size) you can make sure to sell them regardless of quality. Way too much desperation in this hobby it seems.

One could of course offer these "niche" models on a pre-order (made to order) basis with set pre-order timeframes to keep it limited.
But this would require customer confidence (good moulds and constant high quality output) in a product they'd get long after pre-order.
Todays Aeroclassics more rely on the "make the customers push the order button before they even get the chance to think about" kind of business model. Seems to work month after month.

Last edited:
Just a thought...
If you always keep these releases to way below estimated demand (but above min. profitable batch size) you can make sure to sell them regardless of quality. Way too much desperation in this hobby it seems.

One could of course offer these "niche" models on a pre-order (made to order) basis with set pre-order timeframes to keep it limited.
But this would require customer confidence (good moulds and constant high quality output) in a product they'd get long after pre-order.
Todays Aeroclassics more rely on the "make the customers push the order button before they even get the chance to think about" kind of business model. Seems to work month after month.
True. It's worse than impulse purchases at a super market queue - though the particular ones I'm mentioning, were produced in even lesser quantities - and consequently received in lesser quantities by stores.

Last edited:
I know in the past I have complained about Aeroclassics exclusivity. Nobody seemed to care about it. Suddenly there is a spark in critics regarding this very subject; many coming from collectors known for not collecting Aeroclassics anyway. Go figure.

Just a thought...

That's a valid point, but I think it is an unintended consequence if anything.

Believe it or not, Aeroclassics business plan is not to intentionally put out low-quality products on the market. Also, there are ways to pre-order Aeroclassics out there.

Aeroclassics has always been selective and exclusive and Andrew has always enjoyed seeing everyone scrambling over "his models" on release date, even when Aeroclassic's quality and place as a leader in the hobby was not questioned.

I have always been against exclusivity in this hobby. But I am only human, and I'd be lying if I said that I don't enjoy the "rare" factor of some of my [Aeroclassics] models.

True. It's worse than impulse purchases at a super market queue - though the particular ones I'm mentioning, were produced in even lesser quantities - and consequently received in lesser quantities by stores.

If you are talking about the TAME, it seems that Andrew himself didn't think it was going to be a popular subject so that's why it was decided to split the run, with about half of them becoming club models. This is a different topic, we are talking about manufacturers struggling to read the demand. An issue that is far from unique to Aeroclassics in this day and age.

Funny anecdote regarding the above paragraph. We were suggesting a SAETA/LAPA hybrid A320 (Would be a killer LatinClassics release) over at the Hangar. AK chimes in a says no more A320s in the future (besides currently programmed) because recent ones haven't sold well. You know when he says recent ones he's talking about all the Spirit, Frontier, American heritage, and other modern, mundane, subjects that are being released by every brand that has an A320 mold. That goes to show you the crazy disconnect between manufacturers and collectors. Look at what NG is releasing also. GJ and JC have never been known for stellar choices either; only Phoenix in recent times...

As far as the Viasa 727 (if you are talking about that one), I don't know that it was produced in lower than standard Aeroclassics production run numbers. It is just a popular subject. It is better to sell everything and make a small profit than be left with any amount of unsold inventory. Retailers' shelves are full of unsold "nice top-quality" models. Waffle recently dumped a lot of NGs, many good ones there. Even NG does the same through their CRP. It is tough to judge Aeroclassic's low production numbers - as aggravating as it might be sometimes - when that's happening.

I know in the past I have complained about Aeroclassics exclusivity. Nobody seemed to care about it. Suddenly there is a spark in critics regarding this very subject; many coming from collectors known for not collecting Aeroclassics anyway. Go figure
Many have complained about AC's 'exclusivity', more than most - if anything, your exchanges on this group on anything AC frequently comes from the position of the gatekeeper - and you do tend to personally get offended and triggered on any conversation that is critical of AC - like you have on this very thread - so if anything, I call out hypocrisy on your part buddy.

Also, 'from collectors known for not collecting Aeroclassics anyway' reeks of a certain exclusivity / sense of assumed privilege, and a sense of self-proclaimed superiority within the collectorate , so yeah, I call out whataboutery too buddy.

You cannot keep making personal attacks to justify your stand or position

There are always cases where models sell much better than expected, which is what I think applies to the recent Latin models. On the other side there are plenty of releases that sell poorly and are still available after years. so you can't blame them for not pumping out higher quantities

There are always cases where models sell much better than expected, which is what I think applies to the recent Latin models. On the other side there are plenty of releases that sell poorly and are still available after years. so you can't blame them for not pumping out higher quantities
It's not unknown, that Latin Classics sell extremely well, and are always in huge demand - and for someone running the business, this should be very obvious. I've yet to see Latin Classics lying around in first hand stores for too long.

On the other hand, a lot of mainline carriers remain unsold often.

Latin Classics demand a lot of research and thus a lot of ground work, as documentation isn't always as easily available (in English). Which makes them even more prized amongst collectors - besides the fact that Latin American aviation history is crazily significant and often and unfortunately overshadowed by North America's - even though some of the earliest and most significant airlines come from here. As such, it would make clear business sense, given their intense popularity, to make these models accessible, instead of encouraging hoarding and price gouging.

Last edited:
I seriously think there is a perception issue going on.

Many have complained about AC's 'exclusivity', more than most -

Really? I missed those comments then. It would have been nice to see that there were other sympathizers.

Also, 'from collectors known for not collecting Aeroclassics anyway' reeks of a certain exclusivity / sense of assumed privilege, and a sense of self-proclaimed superiority within the collectorate , so yeah, I call out whataboutery too buddy.

Dude, it's not that deep. All I'm saying is that Phantom does not collect Aeroclassics (he doesn't, what do you want me to do about it?) Yet he is suddenly interested in Aeroclassics production practices. Hence, this is purely a recreational discussion as ultimately it doesn't really matter to him what Aeroclassics does since he is not interested in getting any of their models anyway. The same discussion is going on with @Madridista at DAC. Same thing applies.