Aeroclassics July 2023 speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up one of the PAL DC-10. Not sure if it’s worth replacing my Dragon Wings PAL DC10 (PH-DTI)

Is there any difference between the PAL DC10s and the ones they already made (except registration)?

I might pick up one of those PAL DC-10's if they're still available when I get to visit my local store again but Aeroclassics DC-10's do sell out fast, a lesson I learned and still cope about in 2020.

I might pick up one of those PAL DC-10's if they're still available when I get to visit my local store again but Aeroclassics DC-10's do sell out fast, a lesson I learned and still cope about in 2020.
I’m not in our store to upload them, it won’t be until next week before we upload them in the store, so if you can’t get a hold of them, check with us next week. I am driving down to LA to pick up a 2100 model collection.

Is there any difference between the PAL DC10s and the ones they already made (except registration)?
Yeah one is a KL leased aircraft also been made before by Dragon wings hence the PH reg and the other is a factory fresh DC10 delivered in 1980 to PAL.

I picked the other since I already had the DW
model.

FYI AC made the other DC10 (RP-C2114) already in the euro white PAL scheme! This is Definetly the delivery scheme.

Yeah one is a KL leased aircraft also been made before by Dragon wings hence the PH reg and the other is a factory fresh DC10 delivered in 1980 to PAL.

I picked the other since I already had the DW
model.

FYI AC made the other DC10 (RP-C2114) already in the euro white PAL scheme! This is Definetly the delivery scheme.
Aeroclassics have already made 3 old colours DC-10s, which is why @Mark22 was asking. No I don't think these are different

Aeroclassics have already made 3 old colours DC-10s, which is why Mark22 was asking. No I don't think these are different
Yep, these were previously released in 2011 & 2012, but as different registrations:

AC PAL DC-10 RP-C2003
AC PAL DC-10 PH-DTC
AC PAL DC-10 PH-DTK

As usual they’re not easy to find, so I’m sure there’ll be a few who’ll be happy to get another go at these.

The latest pair look promising, and thankfully they have the correct “pp” typeset as per the earlier releases. Picked up RP-C2114 to fleet-build on RP-C2003; also have the DW version from 2004 vintage which I may have to liberate at some point.

Attachments

• 7C0C0903-1CC4-4731-AA53-28AD4AB0C722.jpeg
    7C0C0903-1CC4-4731-AA53-28AD4AB0C722.jpeg
    450 KB · Views: 43
  • 05E34441-EA10-4C41-937B-BD165F9CA979.jpeg
    05E34441-EA10-4C41-937B-BD165F9CA979.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 52
I got my Philippine DC-10. I’m so disappointed with the chrome?

Can someone explain to me why they can’t get the chrome shining? The chrome on mine looks like it’s been scuffed up.

I’m glad I only got C2114! I’m keeping my Dragon wings PH-DTI. Better looking paint and chrome by a mile!

Attachments

• IMG_8738.jpeg
    IMG_8738.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
It's not chrome, it's supposed to reflect polished metal, not as shiny as chromed metal

It's not chrome, it's supposed to reflect polished metal, not as shiny as chromed metal
Ok polished metal! Is it suppose to look like that? It looks like a metal brush was used. It has a ton of visible scratches! Very poor look.

I’ll pull up my SR DC10 and compare

I got my Philippine DC-10. I’m so disappointed with the chrome?

Can someone explain to me why they can’t get the chrome shining? The chrome on mine looks like it’s been scuffed up.

I’m glad I only got C2114! I’m keeping my Dragon wings PH-DTI. Better looking paint and chrome by a mile!
Looks actually more realistic to a real polished plane just looking at it. Compared to the delta airlines "widget livery" which has a bare metal underside, the metal isnt shiny, its dull. Though it could be that it was sitting for a bit

Attachments

• IMG_6777.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 20
Looks actually more realistic to a real polished plane just looking at it. Compared to the delta airlines "widget livery" which has a bare metal underside, the metal isnt shiny, its dull. Though it could be that it was sitting for a bit
On the original livery, some planes had the polished belly and others didnt.

Did you come up
Very tempted by the 2 Scoot A321 neos. How is their A321 mould? I normally avoid AC now due their awful QC..
Did you come up with that statement on your own, having actually held an AC model in your hands? or are you just echoing somebody else's lame propaganda and BS??
The AC A321 mould is one of the best out there, which is why the China bottomfeeders illegally cloned it to make their's.

As for this month's releases, their are no QC issues, as the shipment was delayed to fix any and all problems. Something many on this page can't be bothered to notice, or you've just been drinking someone's Koolaide for too long and your judgement and independant thought are clouded.
Carry on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.