Aeroclassics July 2023 speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought AC made an Air India Tristar at least once, but apparently they didn't. So a good chance this VT- reg will be one.

Hey guys, before I begin, civil responses only, please. It has been brought to my attention that AC hints are coming over from 400SH and are not supposed to be shared. Don't we think we shouldn't share them if it is denoted not to?
I myself disagree, I think that we should be able to talk about them if a user brings them over here from 400SH he's doing it by he's own choice and risk.
Edit: Im not trying to start a fight

Last edited:
Hey guys, before I begin, civil responses only, please. It has been brought to my attention that AC hints are coming over from 400SH and are not supposed to be shared. Don't we think we shouldn't share them if it is denoted not to?
We shouldn't. Otherwise we will have the same never ending discussion over and over. If you want to speculate, do it at 400SH as nobody will be hostile for guessing what aircraft there will be. Other manufacturers don't share any hints anywhere and yet their releases are being discussed and bought, so saying "but doesn't AC want publicity??" makes no sense as it's not your business.

Then this entire thread should just be deleted.
There's no point in having any further discussion here.
And does this also mean that, going forward, we aren't expected to discuss the quality of models of only a certain manufacturer, that we've bought with our own money - just because it may upset a few people?
Can we have some clear answers please.
As it is too ambiguous right now.

Last edited:
After giving it some thought, I agree. Every time now that Aeroclassics hints are brought up, the threads tend to devolve into chaos. At some point we should all just respect the rules laid out there, regardless if you’re a member or not over there, or what your stance is on the subject, and just leave it be. Personally, I’d like to keep discussing the topic of new Aeroclassics releases and what the hints are, but seeing as they have caused more problems than good in recent months, I think it’s best for it to be left alone going forward.

I’m here to talk model airplanes, but if certain topics about model airplanes cannot be discussed without issues arising, then there’s no reason to continue talking about those topics here.

That's fine, I'm not interested in the hints.
I'm interested in understanding the 'terms and conditions' under which I can later discuss the models I have bought with my own money. Or the model preview images.

You're correct. The history of the AI L-1011s has been covered in some detail at the site:

I remember reading your review, really enjoyed it. Not that many Aviation Enthusiasts were aware that Air India had a tri-jet.

I would still like to see AC make these:
Eastern 727-100 bare metal thin stripe, Eastern 727-200 bare metal thin stripe, TWA 727-200 twin stripe hollow titles. Midway 737-200, Presidential 737-200 N303XV, United battleship gray 737-200. Republic DC-9-30 " Mary Tyler Moore" scheme, Republic DC-9-51 "Herman" scheme.

After giving it some thought, I agree. Every time now that Aeroclassics hints are brought up, the threads tend to devolve into chaos. At some point we should all just respect the rules laid out there, regardless if you’re a member or not over there, or what your stance is on the subject, and just leave it be. Personally, I’d like to keep discussing the topic of new Aeroclassics releases and what the hints are, but seeing as they have caused more problems than good in recent months, I think it’s best for it to be left alone going forward.

I’m here to talk model airplanes, but if certain topics about model airplanes cannot be discussed without issues arising, then there’s no reason to continue talking about those topics here.
Self censorship. Yeah that works well. Rather than confront the issues and discuss them you would rather hide and do as you're told by people bullying you? What an embarrassing statement - backed up by all the usual 400SH apologists. Is this place just 400 Scale Hangar in disguise? Why do they get to decide what is discussed exactly?

As @planes_on_a_shelf asks what are we allowed to discuss?

If people can't discuss the models in a civil manner or without attacking others with lies and threats they should not be welcome here. Not kow-towed too. Those users who have a vested interest in rival forums should stay at those forums.

Last edited:
I think that the forum should allow discussion about hints and AC releases all in a civil manner, if a user leaks the hints he's doing it at hes own risk. The forum should not intervene in what is being discussed even if it's break other forum rules as long as it's all in a civil manner. Those rules apply to 400SH not MAF those are two complete different forums.

Why do they get to decide what is discussed exactly?
AK owns the models and the business, so it seems quite obvious that he decides whether the hints may the shared or not. If you own a business and have a secret formula for the best burger in the world, you wouldn't be happy if one of your workers makes it public. The reason why he doesn't want to share is irrelevant. It's his business, so he decides.

For anything else related to this topic it's up to the staff to make the rules clear. Again, this is not something we decide just because we think it should be allowed.

AK owns the models and the business, so it seems quite obvious that he decides whether the hints may the shared or not. If you own a business and have a secret formula for the best burger in the world, you wouldn't be happy if one of your workers makes it public. The reason why he doesn't want to share is irrelevant. It's his business, so he decides.

For anything else related to this topic it's up to the staff to make the rules clear. Again, this is not something we decide just because we think it should be allowed.
He decided if he CAN ASK people not to share them on other forums, collectors are free to say and do as well as they please as longs it's all in civil manner

Self censorship. Yeah that works well. Rather than confront the issues and discuss them you would rather hide and do as you're told by people bullying you? What an embarrassing statement - backed up by all the usual 400SH apologists. Is this place just 400 Scale Hangar in disguise? Why do they get to decide what is discussed exactly?

If people can't discuss the models in a civil manner or without attacking others with lies and threats they should not be welcome here. Not kow-towed too. Those users who have a vested interest in rival forums should stay at those forums.

What about those who have a vested interest in the models themselves? Should they be silenced too because they don't conform to your twisted view of the world?

I thought this forum's owner said "enough is enough" yet you continue down this forbidden path!! Why don't you for once, listen to others, and not always try to get the last word in? I know your ego won't let you, but give it a try some day. Sometimes the right thing feels unnatural!

Status
Not open for further replies.