400 Scale Airbus 350 Mould Comparison

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and really do want that model. Unfortunate it won't get a 100 as the NG 737NG mould not having a stand hole takes one point off in the features category.
I have always been wondering why NG’s 737 does not come with stand hole 🤔
Good thing though, keeps me away from buying more

Interesting take for the NG A350 mould being a 10... It has a few issues
1. Winglets are shaped incorrectly
2. Nosegear is too long
3. Nose misshaped
I would still give it an 7-8/10 but it's a far from perfect mould.
Non-tilting gear is also a downside to the NG but that's just personal preference.

Interesting take for the NG A350 mould being a 10... It has a few issues
1. Winglets are shaped incorrectly
2. Nosegear is too long
3. Nose misshaped
I would still give it an 7-8/10 but it's a far from perfect mould.
Non-tilting gear is also a downside to the NG but that's just personal preference.
Thee Airbus 350 was offered with two winglets. The winglet design NG shows is the newer, larger winglet which does mean that on certain model releases it is wrong. However, same can be said for the GJ/JC version that uses the other winglet design. The nosegay hight might be slightly off, but not enough for me to take a point off. The nose shape is slightly off, but so is everyone else's A350. I gave the mould a 10/10 as the product us better from NG overall than the competition. I do realize most people including yourself don't agree with me, and that is perfectly fine. At the end of the day these are just collectable models.

Honestly tilting gear is a very inverted feature. And I mention in the review all three of my Gemini DL A359 have one of their tilting gears not working. I'm of the option that rolling and tilting gear are just more thing that tend to break on models without adding any really noticeable detail improvements to the model. This is unlike things like antennas, satcom boxes, and flat extended which do add details to the model.

Looks like the nose and winglets are major points of debate here, so I took some photos of my two NG A350s: French bee and Singapore
(yes I kept the one with the spaced text because I thought it was funny)

I honestly think the nose looks really good. There might be a very slight inward curve to the area below the cockpit on the Singapore, which makes me think NG has made some revisions. The newer French bee model looks like it has straightened this curve out. I do think the nosegear height looks okay.

The winglet design NG shows is the newer, larger winglet
Now I do agree that the sharklet shape is not perfect, and I agree with Citrus that they better represent the larger updated version. However, the issue here appears to be the tips, which are too squared off at the front. Maybe it's so NG Models can't be used as weapons.

I still think it's a very good mould. Don't mind the colors, they look significantly better irl as these are iPhone images.

IMG_7619.jpgIMG_7618.jpgIMG_7620.jpgIMG_7621.jpgIMG_7622.jpgIMG_7623.jpg

The nose on the AV400 is the best of the noses out there although it is close. The problem is it seems quite a few people don't know what an A350 nose looks like!

The AV400 mould is comfortably the best of the Phoenix, JC and it as the detailed review here shows:

BUT the NG A350 comfortably beats the AV400 version if you look across the mould as a whole as I did when the sample came out here:

It is funny that people call out things like gear swivel (a really rather worthless feature) yet are ok that the maingear doors are wrong on the AV version.

The differences are small and I really like the AV400 version but in areas like - nosegear, maingear, fanblades, engine pylons and vertical stabiliser shape the NG version pips it and the beacons are the only point that is obviously superior to the NG.

Honestly, I agree with Richard, while the nose is better on the Av400, the NG beats the Av400 in other areas (to me specially on the wingbox and tail section). Also, the nose on the NG isn’t that bad, it’s the printing which makes it look worse.
Here some references to my NG and Av400 A350s, note that the Av400 is from the very first releases and some changes have been done since then:

526A86ED-9666-47BB-918D-7C10D8A16C76.jpeg
BC62E77E-D206-4B20-90E3-EA0AB807ECD0.jpeg6BAB11CE-64F3-4ECD-BA44-009656CC2E65.jpeg

Still, I love the Av400 mould, and will hopefully get the ITA A350 release once it’s out.

Yeah to be honest we're lucky to have two such good moulds. I certainly really like the AV400 A350 and when I count up my 21 A350s - 15 are by Aviation400 and only 1 by NG Models. That is largely because AV400 got there first and I'm not going to replace the excellent AV400 version. Having said that the VS A35K from NG is incoming.

For the record I do have 3 JC Wings and 2 Phoenix A350s too.

Great assessment of the A350s. Personally, I prefer the NG one, but I am happy to settle for the AV400. I admit I have been put off by the overpolishing issues AV400 has been facing, I have had a couple of squashed 777s and an odd-looking A350. Nonetheless, they are both great moulds, far ahead of PH and JCs options.

Great assessment of the A350s. Personally, I prefer the NG one, but I am happy to settle for the AV400. I admit I have been put off by the overpolishing issues AV400 has been facing, I have had a couple of squashed 777s and an odd-looking A350. Nonetheless, they are both great moulds, far ahead of PH and JCs options.
Agreed, 3D beacons on the Av400 is sweet though!

My favorite mold for the Airbus A350 is NG Models, AV400 is good but it irks me to see that the engine exhaust is blue in color which I don't think it is in real life so yeah, I only go for NG Models for the A350 but I wouldn't mind an AV400 Airbus A350 if I miss out on the NG release and one of them is the China Eastern A350

My favorite mold for the Airbus A350 is NG Models, AV400 is good but it irks me to see that the engine exhaust is blue in color which I don't think it is in real life so yeah, I only go for NG Models for the A350 but I wouldn't mind an AV400 Airbus A350 if I miss out on the NG release and one of them is the China Eastern A350

The real enigne DOES have a blue exhaust though

0C21E284-BDE4-4937-AD41-F3F75B62AE6D.jpeg5A8AE9B0-52F0-4353-B444-CFD4D094C3E7.jpeg

Last edited: