1:400 Il-76 mould comparison: Aeroclassics and DelPrado

Mark22

Great review! Nice to see the DelPrado IL-76 having some attention. I have that same model and it's currently the only IL-76 in my collection... quite a shame. I face the same issue as you described: IL-76 models are rare and stupidly expensive! I got my Cubana IL-76 a couple of years ago from AliExpress for a great price. It's indeed not stellar by any means: the mould have some drawbacks (exactly the ones you've pointed, specially in the nose/cockpit area) and the livery/printing quality is also quite poor, but the model overall is OK.

I still think someone should step up and create an accurate IL-76! The AC mould is also quite old and needs replacement.
I'm also considering obtaining a 3D printed IL-76 but this is a future project.

Nice work and glad to see the Aeroflot 76 again :)

I hadn't seen the ModelPower / Del Prado one in detail so this is really useful.

great Review Mark.I agree about a new IL-76 mould is needed in 1/400.I have 33 different IL-76s in this scale and trying to find the missing ones now is almost impossible.

Nice work and glad to see the Aeroflot 76 again :)

I hadn't seen the ModelPower / Del Prado one in detail so this is really useful.
Yeah it's great (ignoring the missing mould modifications). I guess you found the Wittywings version as replacement? 😁