What new mould do you want ng to make next ?

Looking at it logically. The reasons against are:

a) Only 37 aircraft were made
b) Only 2 airlines (3 if you count UA and CO separately) ever operated it so there are about 8 liveries in total
c) All the operators are in the USA so sales outside the USA will be limited
d) There are two existing moulds and the majority of, if not all, existing liveries have been made already
e) There are loads of other aircraft types with better stats for a-d which should make them a higher priority
f) lastly it is Asian sales that drive 400 scale production first and foremost as is clear from what is made partly because of the population mass and partly because all the brands aside from GJ and AC are China based

The reasons for making it are:

a) The few liveries that can be made would sell well with within the USA
b) If it was part of a larger drive to make the entire 767 range then the cost of making it would probably be relatively small

Anyway it is highly likely there will be another 764 mould made but if the rumours are correct not from NG

You make excellent points.
However, I find the argument about the limited number of 767-400s to be a poor reason to avoid production. If companies avoided airplanes because there weren't many historically, then we wouldn't be seeing stuff like the Airbus Belugas or Dreamlifters. Sure, the argument is there that these are significant and unique aircraft, but I see the 767-400 as the same way. Besides, availability of the 767-400 in 1:400 is questionable at best, I think it's time for somebody to redo it. As long as it's a faithful representation, I have no problems with who makes it. NG being the one to do it would just be a cherry on top.

I would settle for a A300/310 mould

Yes the A300 has a decent mould at AC, BUT GOOD LUCK FINDING THEM AT A REASONABLE PRICE. For us late to the game and weren’t able to grab all the holy grails, we are left out here hoping and wishing for someone to come out and or for AC to re-release a bunch of them!

Air Niugini A300 birds of paradise
AA A300
Eastern A300
Alitalia A300
Etc etc

I don't necessarily disagree with anything on the list here but it is a question of priorities. NG can't make everything so some things have to matter more than others. Given there are still plenty of major types that have barely been reproduced in 400 scale it just doesn't make much sense to me to ask for 767-400s or A300s. Yes they may be hard to find but they do exist with decent efforts already.

Basically as I began earlier the sensible way to do this is to create a scoring for each new mould based on some criteria such as:

A) Number of livery options
B) Few existing releases
C) Low quality of existing releases
D) Sales potential
E) Importance to the history of aviation

That is what I'd do if it were up to me. If we say score these on an out of 3 basis then for example an A300 would score something like:

A) 3 B) 1 C) 1 D) 2 E) 3 = 10/15

and a 767-400 would score something like:

A) 1 B) 1 C) 2 D) 2 E) 1 = 7/15

Whereas an MD-80 would score something like:

A) 3 B) 3 C) 2 D) 3 E) 2 = 13/15

I understand these are my opinions and I am being way too analytical about what is a wishlist thread but that explains why when you remove emotion from the conversation I don't think an A300, A220, DC-10, 767-400 are very high on the list.

This would actually make an interesting post I think. I might do something like this for existing types.

I agree with most of the above criteria. Here are some comments I'd like to add. Of course, with reference to my name, I admit I might be biased towards the 767-400; here are my two cents on that regard nevertheless.

I understand there are limited livery choices for the 764, but the quantity and the quality of the existing releases are just as limited. There are NG moulds of which they are similarly obscure in terms of livery choices, and some even have active mould competitors; the 764 does not. Letting emotion get in the way of a major decision is indeed something to avoid, however I wouldn't say it is completely irrelevant in this case. There is still a reason that 'emotion' originates from.

I am in no way of trying to downplay historical significance, but I do have to mention that the last criteria inevitably puts emphasis on older aircraft types. Commercial aviation nowadays is more diverse, arguably more fast-paced, and we have a plethora of strong, well-known existing competitors that often hinder the significance of new aircraft. Besides, new aircraft such as the A220 simply has not been around for long enough to level the playing field. There is no doubt that historical significance is an integral element of collecting the retro era, but not so much for those collecting modern.

All in all this is indeed a very interesting topic of discussion and I'd love to hear more -- perhaps from NG themselves too since they are present in this forum.

Last edited:
Already know what could be coming up

but as Richard says its the matter of the scoring system

and if its a Chinese aircraft type it would probably be made no matter what

Yes, I would love to see them do all series of 767s....especially the 400s. I know, they can only do Continental, Delta, and United...it will still fill some holes in some collections.

Personally anyways i think NG should make a fokker f27, fokker 50, fokker 100, or a dc3, (anything would be good) all these aircraft are underserved in the market. and also all of these planes have a lot of airlines to be made. especially the dc3.