Venezuelan Fleet

YesterAirlines

I picked up this Viasa A300 recently and its addition has forced a small rearrangement of the Latin American section. Venezuela is now the only South American nation left on the Central American / Caribbean shelf. I am intrigued by Venezuela's tempestuous aviation industry and could be easily convinced to get some more modern MD-80s and DC-9s if they were made. For now the YV fleet sits at just 10 examples including @YankeeVictor400.com 's lovely 737-300:

VIASA_A300_02.JPG
VIASA_A300_13.JPG

Aw men! so nice to see this! I thought you had gotten this from Ian when he posted them on Facebook shortly before the Manchester fair, did you pick it up a the fair, or did you need a second round of negotiations? I've bought from him before, excellent guy and excellent service. Premium pricing too... Either way, I am happy that you got one.

Did you see what a great job Aeroclassics did with it? What a solid replica of YV-161C. Some of us Venezuelans have been going back and forth on whether there should be a reg. on top of the right wing. I believe there should be one, but it's a minor thing and it is easier to apply a decal than to remove paint.

I enjoyed very much when Aeroclassics used to produce regular YV- releases, and you could be assured the quality and finish would be top-notch. I missed out on the 2007 batch (747s, CV-880s) but was there to see the YV- hints on the Mata Hari report when the DC-10s, the DC-8-63s, and this A300 were released. What a rewarding hobby it was back then. I still enjoy it very much, but times have changed for me because of my criteria.

Lastly, I am glad to see the 733 is doing well, I threw the last one on eBay and it paid for the 5 blanks on its own.

Aw men! so nice to see this! I thought you had gotten this from Ian when he posted them on Facebook shortly before the Manchester fair, did you pick it up a the fair, or did you need a second round of negotiations? I've bought from him before, excellent guy and excellent service. Premium pricing too... Either way, I am happy that you got one.

Yeah it was from Ian and you're right it cost me more than I usually spend on 400 scale. I bought it a while back but he held onto it until I could pick it up from his cousin at the MAN fair.

I picked up this Viasa A300 recently and its addition has forced a small rearrangement of the Latin American section. Venezuela is now the only South American nation left on the Central American / Caribbean shelf. I am intrigued by Venezuela's tempestuous aviation industry and could be easily convinced to get some more modern MD-80s and DC-9s if they were made. For now the YV fleet sits at just 10 examples including @YankeeVictor400.com 's lovely 737-300:

View attachment 27939
View attachment 27940
What is that 732 on the left that was cutoff?

What is that 732 on the left that was cutoff?
It is this SMA models of Air France 737-200 N4522W. It's an ex-Western aircraft operated between 1973-80 well before AF had its own 737-200s in Europe (which arrived in 1981). There were two of them used exclusively on the Miami-San Juan-Caribbean routes. This one was called 'Antilles' while N4502 was named 'Guyane'.

AF_B737-200_10.JPG

It is this SMA models of Air France 737-200 N4522W. It's an ex-Western aircraft operated between 1973-80 well before AF had its own 737-200s in Europe (which arrived in 1981). There were two of them used exclusively on the Miami-San Juan-Caribbean routes. This one was called 'Antilles' while N4502 was named 'Guyane'.

View attachment 27969
I also have some memories of Air France Caribbean operations. Before the internet, I was in one of those layovers I often mention at CCS and an Air France ERJ-145 showed up. I didn't know what to make of it. The flight was coming from the French Antille of Martinique. Later I found out that other short-range Air France birds were quite common at CCS. Air France is probably the international airline that has taken the most types to CCS.

View attachment 27969
Aaa nice. Yea I've heard of the AF ops in the caribbean. I fact they still have an A320 around these parts. Didn't know it was that old though. I took that photo during a walkaround in MIA in september last year.

Attachments

• IMG-20230924-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20230924-WA0011.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 10
Air France had B727-200 and B737-200/300 doing Caribbean ops in the 1980s and 1990s aswell.
Nowadays they have a pair of A320s, if i'm not mistaken. They even have a flight from Cayenne to Belém, in the North region of Brazil.

Yep, the pair of Air France A320's come around to Montreal seasonally which was quite amusing to see, as we were all confused as to why an Air France A320 was on the wrong side of the pond.

Check this out, Air France A320 in basic Air Inter c/s at Maiquetía sometime in the nineties. One of many photos that I came across on the internet and kept. Author unknown.
scan0006bq7lw7.jpeg

Super awesome pic, rare find! BTW, this is the basic Air Charter livery, not Air Inter.
Let's see, in the background of that photo I recognize an Air Venezuela Convair CV-5 - insert some multiple of the number 20 here 🤣-, what I believe is a LAI ATR42. The DC-9-30 is probably an Aeropostal albino 🤷🏻‍♂️