Today marks 2 years...

MSRT&A Productions

Yep you heard that right.
Today marks 2 years of a Boeing 747 landing on Rwy 17, which is 6,500ft mostly used by RJs & PJs. There was a storm approaching the area, affecting the 9/27 Parallel runways, and this Kalitta 747 was on a hold. Tower asked if they can manage to use Rwy 17 to land. 17 runs along over the neighborhoods and I-95. So the pilots accepted 17, and I was stunned to see it flying over my neighborhood. Honestly this might have been the first time I seen a 747 using this runway. They did land, but had to wait for their brakes to cool before proceeding to the UPS terminal. Boi I wonder if other saw and was shocked. So far the biggest I've seen so far to land on this runway.
FB_IMG_1671898892759.jpg

I've been living along this direction for almost several years, and sometimes PHL ends up using 17 for landing if a storm is approaching from the east/south, ofc while the 9/27 parallels are still active.

That 747 must’ve been light if it was able to stop in 6500ft of runway. I thought it would take more than that to stop a Jumbo.