The NAMC YS-11 in 400 Scale

YesterAirlines

Probably one of the most forgotten types in 400 scale is Japan's only delivered commercial airliner, the NAMC YS-11. The type sold surprisingly well and has had a surprising 3 moulds for itself in 400 scale to date. I've been expanding my Japanese classics fleet recently and now own 8 YS-11s. I'm determined to show all you 777 collectors what you're missing so lets take a look at the trusty YS-11 in 400 scale:

How many YS-11s do you have in your collection??

YS-11_04.JPG

Probably one of the most forgotten types in 400 scale is Japan's only delivered commercial airliner, the NAMC YS-11. The type sold surprisingly well and has had a surprising 3 moulds for itself in 400 scale to date. I've been expanding my Japanese classics fleet recently and now own 8 YS-11s. I'm determined to show all you 777 collectors what you're missing so lets take a look at the trusty YS-11 in 400 scale:

How many YS-11s do you have in your collection??

View attachment 33480
I have the Piedmont and Hawaiian.

I also have eight YS-11s in my collection.
Gemini Jets:
Hawaiian, Provincetown-Boston,
Japan Air Commuter JA8809, Japan Transocean JA8710 & JA8794
JCWings:
Japan Airlines JA8717, Southwest Air Lines (SWAL) JA8778
Phuket Air HS-KUO,

Would love to get my hands on the GJ Piedmont and Airborne Express versions and also the Hogan All Nippon ANA twinpack.

I also have eight YS-11s in my collection.
Gemini Jets:
Hawaiian, Provincetown-Boston,
Japan Air Commuter JA8809, Japan Transocean JA8710 & JA8794
JCWings:
Japan Airlines JA8717, Southwest Air Lines (SWAL) JA8778
Phuket Air HS-KUO,

Would love to get my hands on the GJ Piedmont and Airborne Express versions and also the Hogan All Nippon ANA twinpack.
Excellent. Likewise I'd be keen to get your JC Wings versions!

Looking through the operational history of the YS-11 it is impressive just how many major flag carriers flew the type and how much potential there still is for strong release candidates. Several of these have been made in 200 scale already, but not seen a 400 scale release. It isn't hard to find 21 YS-11s that would be well worth making and here they are:

YS-11_HEAD.jpg