Phoenix Models - Ilyushin Il-96-400 Sample Review

YesterAirlines

I am very pleased to say Phoenix has joined the long list of manufacturers working with me to improve 400 scale by providing new mould samples for review. They recently announced the Il-96-400 as their latest new casting and the sample arrived at the hangar on Monday. It's great to see new types in 400 scale, especially when they have four engines!

IL-96-400_SAMPLE_HEADER.jpg

Great stuff! Now make them update (heavily!) their 747s :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The IL-96 is indeed a very solid offering from Phoenix. Maybe their best mould?

BTW, the winglets still look crap. Too vertical.

Last edited:
C'mon guys I'm a little disappointed in the lack of excitement about this new mould. You're all too busy wasting your money on Southwest 737s and Delta CRJs with the gear on the wrong way around :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I can't get enough of the new Phoenix-model Il-96-400 mould and here's a video look at the new sample they have sent me:

C'mon guys I'm a little disappointed in the lack of excitement about this new mould. You're all too busy wasting your money on Southwest 737s and Delta CRJs with the gear on the wrong way around :ROFLMAO:
Haha truth!
Maybe the American collectors aren't as interested in this one.
The Pre-Orders are almost sold out though at my regular retailer (closer to home here). I too placed an order for both. Can't miss this rarity. And as an obsessive Quadjet collector - not at all

Edit: Great review, Richard - hopefully the modifications to the engines and winglets will be made
This is an aircraft I'd been looking forward to in 1:400 - thoroughly excited!

Last edited:
Really good to see Phoenix taking their time to proper develop a correct mould! :)

It is the first mold they develop since the existence of Yesterday's Airlines and all the Facebook groups, etc. It would have been nice if this same approach had been taken when some of their previous molds were developed. Plenty of molds to be created moving forward though.

It is the first mold they develop since the existence of Yesterday's Airlines and all the Facebook groups, etc. It would have been nice if this same approach had been taken when some of their previous molds were developed. Plenty of molds to be created moving forward though.
They haven't made much but I've been about 10 years with the site now and in that time they have made new moulds for these two, albeit variants not totally new:

737 MAX-8 & MAX-9
A330-800/900