Suddenly seeing lots of Ads on MAF

I’ve lowered the amount of ads and it should take affect in the next day or so. Let me know how that impacts your experience on the forum. Most of the ad revenue will come from our guests (make up majority of sessions) so if the regulars (you guys commenting) have Adblock it won’t affect the Adsense performance significantly. Trying to hopefully continue to improve the forum and add more features to make it even more useful for the 1/400 and 1/200 communities.

On my google chrome I’ve had Adblock plus installed for years and it works great. On android I’m not sure how to install it. I’ve tried disabling some of the most annoying ads for mobile and it’s already started to take affect for me and looks a lot better. Initial default number of ads was way too much imo.

I’ve lowered the amount of ads and it should take affect in the next day or so. Let me know how that impacts your experience on the forum. Most of the ad revenue will come from our guests (make up majority of sessions) so if the regulars (you guys commenting) have Adblock it won’t affect the Adsense performance significantly. Trying to hopefully continue to improve the forum and add more features to make it even more useful for the 1/400 and 1/200 communities.
Thank you for taking on the feedback. I understand the need for ads on services such as this, and that is why I try to avoid ad blockers in general, particularly on sites I trust/use frequently. Keep it up!

The types of ads that appear on the What’s New page, along with the separate forum pages for each category, are quite disruptive. They take up half of the useful space on the screen (I use MAF frequently on an iPad), and squishes all the text into a smaller area, without the text font decreasing, so it results in overlapping lines. See photo below. The other type I find distracting are the banner ads within the threads. I don’t mind the ones appearing above or below the content, but the ones that do appear within the content throw me off a little each time.

Otherwise, I don’t mind the other ads that much. As always, I understand the necessity of advertisements on websites, but I do wish they were better optimized across the website so that they don’t distract those who want to see the content. I do have an ad blocker installed on my iPad but it doesn’t work at all. If there was a way the placement of these ads could be adjusted on these pages, perhaps a banner at the top or bottom of the page, it would suit me better.
6DFCF184-F382-4575-8C4E-F77CCB96C09A.jpeg

Thank you for taking on the feedback. I understand the need for ads on services such as this, and that is why I try to avoid ad blockers in general, particularly on sites I trust/use frequently. Keep it up!
If you don't mind me asking, do you use safari and what ad blocker do you use? I'm very not interested in buying woman's clothing or spending money to go on vacation.

Never used any ad blocker as I didn't see a need for it. MAF the way it is right now is unbearable, sorry.
I hope you'll find a way to work this out.

Still working on improving it so it's less distracting, should be a lot better by the end of this week. Keep in mind that nearly all forums have ads and I have it at a relatively low setting now so in many cases other forums have a lot more ads than we do. Also having ads on this forum is the best way to keep it 100% free to the community for a long time to come.

Still working on improving it so it's less distracting, should be a lot better by the end of this week. Keep in mind that nearly all forums have ads and I have it at a relatively low setting now so in many cases other forums have a lot more ads than we do. Also having ads on this forum is the best way to keep it 100% free to the community for a long time to come.
I totally understand why the ads are necessary to keep it free for the users. It does seem to be getting a bit better now.