Suddenly seeing lots of Ads on MAF

Still working on improving it so it's less distracting, should be a lot better by the end of this week. Keep in mind that nearly all forums have ads and I have it at a relatively low setting now so in many cases other forums have a lot more ads than we do. Also having ads on this forum is the best way to keep it 100% free to the community for a long time to come.
I perfectly understand the decision pro ads, but all the forums (with ads) that I use to visit since 20 years only display their ads to not logged in "guests" to such massive extend that I'm seeing on MAF as a logged in user.
I wonder, are ads on MAF any different for guests?

I perfectly understand the decision pro ads, but all the forums (with ads) that I use to visit since 20 years only display their ads to not logged in "guests" to such massive extend that I'm seeing on MAF as a logged in user.
Good question, I didn't even think of that.

Another online forum I use still displays ads even if I log in.

No different for guests, wasn't given that option.

From my understanding, the way it works is Google will automatically adapt the ads placement/size dependent on which get more views/clicks to learn where is the best to place ads hence why now while it's new it is placing ads in strange places and sizing. I've tried to help it not show as many annoyingly placed ads. If it doesn't get better by the end of this week I may attempt to go in and manually control the placement and size of ads in a non distracting way that's feels more natural to the layout of the website.