Stargazer: The World's Last Flying Tristar

YesterAirlines

There have been some really weird model releases in 400 scale and few come as unusual as a Tristar with a rocket strapped to it. Even more amazing is this aircraft is still flying and represents the last operational Tristar in the world.

N140SC_01.jpg

A fantastic subject, but sadly on a poor mould. At least the details are very nice!
Someone in Facebook suggested a model of a Tristar with the extra engine pod. This would be indeed something cool to see!

That's a really interesting find, I've never seen that one before. The pictures are really good, and I can see that that is clearly a cradle mould. Is the Jet-X Tristar full diecast? I'm guessing the Pegasus rocket is plastic. Nice photos.

That's a really interesting find, I've never seen that one before. The pictures are really good, and I can see that that is clearly a cradle mould. Is the Jet-X Tristar full diecast? I'm guessing the Pegasus rocket is plastic. Nice photos.
The Jet-X Tristar is the same as the BlueBox Tristar since BlueBox morphed into Jet-X. Yes the mould is a standard diecast but as you say with the addons, which I think are plastic

The full size Stargazer Tristar is based at Mohave, CA, and when I saw it back in April it appeared to be operational. It is now painted with a blue stripe.

I didn't photograph it, however there are plenty on the various photo sites. This is not my image, so I cannot upload it, however you can click this and find it yourself.

Stargazer Tristar on Jetphotos.com