Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

The mould is indeed lovely but I guess it doesn't look as smooth as the good old DW for me…
This.

Yeah the Dragons are good but they did some pretty awful cockpit printing too and it isn't just the gear, the tail join is poor too.
Yes, there is an unpleasant contrast between the plastic vertical stab and the metallic fuselage on DWs. Still better than BigBird’s vertical stab, which is downright embarrassing all around.

Just received some NG models that I got from their exchange mall:
B757-200 Ambassador G-BUDX
TU-214 Russian State Transport RA-64506
787-8 Tajikistan Govt
And finally MD-82 Adria Airways YU-ANC 😉
Wow. That Adria custom is my pick. ❤️
Have always loved the uniqueness of that font!
The Russian Tu 214 is slick - have a PM version with the radar bumps - looking to pick up some of those NG ones to complete the set

Wow. That Adria custom is my pick. ❤️
Have always loved the uniqueness of that font!
The Russian Tu 214 is slick - have a PM version with the radar bumps - looking to pick up some of those NG ones to complete the set
I plan to have all TU-214 regos from Panda and NG, it's just that I don't want to spend that much for several models in the same livery, so the CRP solves my quandary haha
These are so lovely, specially the 757 and the Adria in that fantastic new mould!!! :cool:
Thanks a lot! I saw the Adria in Richard's wishlist for the type, the airline and its Yugoslavian reg fits my collection criteria very well

Newest addition to the fleet, and one hell of steal too! Picked up N3333L, a Delta DV-9 in the “Side Widget” scheme. Snagged this one off eBay for I kid you not, $54 including tax with free shipping! Pictures on the listing showed the model in a perfect condition box and the model itself looked promising. And it definitely was cause it came with zero flaws! Really happy with this model and especially it’ll be one less hard Aeroclassics model to find!

IMG_3711.jpegIMG_3712.jpegIMG_3713.jpegIMG_3715.jpeg

(please excuse my phone pictures, too lazy to get out my camera stuff today…)

Newest addition to the fleet, and one hell of steal too! Picked up N3333L, a Delta DV-9 in the “Side Widget” scheme. Snagged this one off eBay for I kid you not, $54 including tax with free shipping! Pictures on the listing showed the model in a perfect condition box and the model itself looked promising. And it definitely was cause it came with zero flaws! Really happy with this model and especially it’ll be one less hard Aeroclassics model to find!

View attachment 29465View attachment 29466View attachment 29467View attachment 29468

A neat example of Aeroclassics in their heydays, I guess! Very nice model, congrats!

Some long awaited arrivals - held up by the delayed Kuwait A343 - received 15 models today - posting the first set of 8 models I unboxed.
Here's the next set of 7. Got busy and was reminded to complete this post today by the due arrival of the next box of 14 - I'll make another post on that one.

Meanwhile - first - 3 Airbus quadjets - including 2 long-awaited A340s. I'd hoped that PHX would make these before JC, but well, I'm not unhappy at the resulting models! The LH A380s nose looks fine and isn't overpolished like what one has been seeing elsewhere (my immediate apprehension upon receiving this model and thus needed to check asap) although there's a minor trifle - the magnetic attachment for the closed nlg doors has an unfinished edge and thus sticks out (seen in the photo) - will need to sand it off later. Haven't checked the gears down attachments yet.

1714996035830-01.jpeg

Second - 4 A332s that I'm just delighted to have as part of my collection. 2 of the best special schemes worn - on any type, with 2 of the best looking contemporary standard scheme A332s.

1714996145476-01.jpeg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Although it is far from the most accurate of Aeroclassics generally excellent propliner moulds I have always had a soft spot for their L-188 Electra. Of the 47 Electras I own 45 have been made using this mould and I have recently added these 5 to the fleet all from the say eBay seller. 3 have the later rolling gear and 2 the arguably better static gear.

L188_5.jpg

View attachment 29465View attachment 29466View attachment 29467View attachment 29468

@Irish I literally just picked up this model from Waffle's latest Collection Sale for about that price. He has a ton of Aeroclassics AA, DL and UA listed still.

2 beauties have arrived. The story behind this model: I missed my bus stop because I was busy doing somewhat a live Best Offer with the seller on eBay!

A new quadjet to my collection - American Airlines British Aerospace BAe-146-200 N696AA by GJ. Despite having more than a dozen BAe/ Avro RJ in my collection, this is my first Whisperliner on the GJ mould. The model also came, to my surprise, with a piece of paper writing "Do not push down hard". A friend told it was common to have this in ATR/BAe boxes.
20240507_213411_HDR.jpg

One of NG's earlier product came with a limited numbered card - the TCS World Travel Boeing 757-200WL G-TCSX This all-black 757 is configured in VIP layout carrying around 80 pax. This aircraft still flies with Azur Air and is the airlines' special shuttle service. I wonder will it be very hot inside the cabin?

20240507_213435_HDR.jpg