Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

so a hurried post - haven't had the time to unbox and take pictures of the many models that arrived few days ago from MHH - a few large and/or XXL aircraft in those (hint hint) , so instead, quick, rushed snaps of 4 models that arrived today from the ever-reliable Bedfordshire Diecast.

First - a pair of legitimate 'classics' - including my first rainbow Transbrasil courtesy Air Tango / Hilton Miniaturas, and what I consider a holy grail pick-up - the ever-elusive AC Trident 2 G-AVFB - the only Trident made in 1:400 iirc in the oh-still-so-classy-modernist red square BEA scheme - prolly the best looking scheme on a Trident ever. The 'white' on the model though has a uniform very-very-slight yellow 'patina' (?) - curious if it's on the entire batch. I doubt the BEA white was anything but white-white as it seems in most photos?. Glad to have got this one though - as I'd missed it a couple of times at least, over the past few years at the Bedfordshire collection sales.

And Second - two contemporary beauties (from NG) - the A320 finds place in both of my AC & 'Black Livery' fleets, & the gorgeous Alaska Salmon People satisfies my 'just because / assorted special schemes' criteria.

Thanks for reading my rambles and participating in my little joys Hehe.

Hugs and Cheers!

1715345569967-01.jpeg

1715341381897-01.jpeg

Last edited:
New arrivals today! Some more recent DXB traffic with:
- JC Iraqi Airways 787-8, which operates sometimes between BGW-DXB.
- JC Blue Air 737 MAX 8, now a bankrupt company but they used to fly between OTP-MLE if I remember correctly with a stopover in DXB.
- PH Syrianair A340-300, one of my holy grail models and one I've been yearning to see in this scale! They operate often between DAM-DXB.
20240510_151348.jpg

so a hurried post - haven't had the time to unbox and take pictures of the many models that arrived few days ago from MHH - a few large and/or XXL aircraft in those (hint hint) , so instead, quick, rushed snaps of 4 models that arrived today from the ever-reliable Bedfordshire Diecast.

First - a pair of legitimate 'classics' - including my first rainbow Transbrasil courtesy Air Tango / Hilton Miniaturas, and what I consider a holy grail pick-up - the ever-elusive AC Trident 2 G-AVFB - the only Trident made in 1:400 iirc in the oh-still-so-classy-modernist red square BEA scheme - prolly the best looking scheme on a Trident ever. The 'white' on the model though has a uniform very-very-slight yellow 'patina' (?) - curious if it's on the entire batch. I doubt the BEA white was anything but white-white as it seems in most photos?. Glad to have got this one though - as I'd missed it a couple of times at least, over the past few years at the Bedfordshire collection sales.

And Second - two contemporary beauties (from NG) - the A320 finds place in both of my AC & 'Black Livery' fleets, & the gorgeous Alaska Salmon People satisfies my 'just because / assorted special schemes' criteria.

Thanks for reading my rambles and participating in my little joys Hehe.

Hugs and Cheers!

View attachment 29535

View attachment 29536
Wow, so glad you picked up your Transbrasil 737! That's a beautiful model.
I have mine sitting here in my desk right now. I'm performing a small surgery on it 😷👨‍⚕️
I'm reducing the size of the nose gear doors and landing gear legs by sanding them down. So far, so good.

- PH Syrianair A340-300, one of my holy grail models and one I've been yearning to see in this scale! They operate often between DAM-DXB.
Fantastic! Yes indeed it is a special one!
Pleasantly surprised you've received it already! Mine shows still on pre-order - and haven't even seen any release pictures yet elsewhere - so this is definitely a treat!
Eagerly awaiting my copy!

Last edited:
Wow, so glad you picked up your Transbrasil 737! That's a beautiful model.
I have mine sitting here in my desk right now. I'm performing a small surgery on it 😷👨‍⚕️
I'm reducing the size of the nose gear doors and landing gear legs by sanding them down. So far, so good.
Haha thanks so much Leo! I'd given up on getting it after my initial exchange with the HM chap many months ago. It seemed at the time it'll never be available outside of Brazil.
So yes super glad it popped up on EU & UK stores and that more eager collectors had access to this gorgeous model - and happy that I could get it at Bedfordshire.

Eager to see your model copy 'post-op'! With some before-after shots Hehe, hopefully! ✌🏼🙌🏼

Last edited:
Haha thanks so much Leo! I'd given up on getting it after my initial exchange with the HM chap many months ago. It seemed at the time it'll never be available outside of Brazil.
So yes super glad it popped up on EU & UK stores and that more eager collectors had access to this gorgeous model - and happy that I could get it at Bedfordshire.

Eager to see your model copy 'post-op'! With some before-after shots Hehe, hopefully! ✌🏼🙌🏼

Awesome! I'll post a thread in a few minutes about the "surgery" :D

Fantastic! Yes indeed it is a special one!
Pleasantly surprised you've received it already! Mine shows still on pre-order - and haven't even seen any release pictures yet elsewhere - so this is definitely a treat!
Eagerly awaiting my copy!
Thanks! I was honestly very surprised when I was told to pick her up since many other shops were estimating towards the end of the month that they will receive it so I'm super happy to have it earlier! Hope you get yours soon enough as it's an awesome model, as are all of PH's A340s!

New arrivals today! Some more recent DXB traffic with:
- JC Iraqi Airways 787-8, which operates sometimes between BGW-DXB.
- JC Blue Air 737 MAX 8, now a bankrupt company but they used to fly between OTP-MLE if I remember correctly with a stopover in DXB.
View attachment 29534

Very nice birds! The Syrianair A340 is a great release by Phoenix and the Iraqi 787 serve as a nice companion. Good to see Middle East airlines having some attention.

A new parcel came today, and it was for me an irresistible purchase, despite having owned these 2 airlines (i rarely want to get more than 1 airframe per airlines, unless due to some special causes: that airlines can serve more than one route, etc...)

A real "Baby Bus" came in the box with that title as well - Tibet Airlines A319-115SL B-6480 by AC. I already got the A319neo at home, which was well-made by PM. This model does not have the standard modern "out-of-scale gimmicks", which was good for the time of its release.
20240513_193608_HDR.jpg

Behind her is a vibrant orange box model - that heavy duty packaging is now unfortunately discontinued owing to economical reason. And for a long time, this is a special sticker aircraft (I tend to avoid special schemes, but for the next arrival there is one - I broke the rule I made for myself). Introducing Korean Air B777-3B5ER HL8008 "50 years of excellence" by JCW. The seller stated that its card was missing, but I was chill. Overall a beautiful-made model and kudos to the seller for packing it sturdy enough to survive the transportation process (well the most recent 2 feedbacks of less than total 200 of the seller was negative, though).
20240513_193832_HDR.jpg

Hi!

Got a delivery from UK and aviation_1.400scale today. These 1:400 scale vans are incredible in detail. Also got some pallets and stuff. All very beautyfully made.View attachment 29613
Those Sprinter vans are also widely used in the US... but they're just too new for my era! If only they were Ford Econolines or Chevy vans... the Indianapolis Airport Authority had some of those as ops vehicles, and some of the airlines had their own on the ramp (though I'm not sure what they were used for).