Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

These 3 just came in yesterday and here they are taken during the nice sunlight in my room. Specially enough, they are all Boeing jets.

First, the last ever B777-200LR passenger version to be produced - Turkmenistan Airlines B777-22K/LR EZ-A780 by PHX. The model is well executed with an exception of the title, whose colors are not evenly printed - quite a shame! At first many thought this is a new pax jet for the Turkmenistan flag carrier, but it turned out to be a new government jet. Unlike previous Turkmenistan's Govt aircraft (whose belly is painted all white instead of with a strip of grey to distinguish), this one features the standard livery of its commercial counterpart. Hence a misunderstanding occurs. Originally my flight was planned to be on the elusive 77L fleet of T5, but things did not go like that. Fortunately, PHX has me covered with the 77W version - I flew on all 2 B77W of the fleet.

20240427_081357_HDR.jpg

Just close behind is another twinjet - nonetheless a narrowbody this time. It was planned to be the first model I receive here but it wasn't. Introducing Boeing House livery B737-200 N7560V by AV400 - sadly a fantasy reg. I was astonished with the shiny chrome belly that this model has throughout the course of time. Iirc AV's 732 is not their strongest but not the weakest though. A little gem to my collection.

20240426_180655_HDR-01.jpeg

We sum up with a quadjet - and by far it is the strongest B742 mould that is already on the market imo - ALIA Royal Jordanian Airlines B747-2D3B (M) JY-AFA by AV400. A combi B747 is more fascinating than anything. The scheme is beautifully made and the model still looks great after all those years! AV's GE CF6-50B2 featured the correct shape and sizes.

20240426_180711_HDR-01.jpeg

And that is it for the day. What model is ylur most favorite in this batch?

Don't mind me, just keeping this Hawaiian bandwagon (plane?) going.

Happy to receive this bird in my mailbox today after seeing her in person almost a year ago. HAL's livery looks stunning on the already graceful A330. Hell, I'm sure it can even make garbage trucks look stunning :cool:
IMG_7778.jpgIMG_7795.jpgIMG_7799.jpgIMG_7802.jpg

Last edited:
These 3 just came in yesterday and here they are taken during the nice sunlight in my room. Specially enough, they are all Boeing jets.

First, the last ever B777-200LR passenger version to be produced - Turkmenistan Airlines B777-22K/LR EZ-A780 by PHX. The model is well executed with an exception of the title, whose colors are not evenly printed - quite a shame! At first many thought this is a new pax jet for the Turkmenistan flag carrier, but it turned out to be a new government jet. Unlike previous Turkmenistan's Govt aircraft (whose belly is painted all white instead of with a strip of grey to distinguish), this one features the standard livery of its commercial counterpart. Hence a misunderstanding occurs. Originally my flight was planned to be on the elusive 77L fleet of T5, but things did not go like that. Fortunately, PHX has me covered with the 77W version - I flew on all 2 B77W of the fleet.

View attachment 29336

Just close behind is another twinjet - nonetheless a narrowbody this time. It was planned to be the first model I receive here but it wasn't. Introducing Boeing House livery B737-200 N7560V by AV400 - sadly a fantasy reg. I was astonished with the shiny chrome belly that this model has throughout the course of time. Iirc AV's 732 is not their strongest but not the weakest though. A little gem to my collection.

View attachment 29338

We sum up with a quadjet - and by far it is the strongest B742 mould that is already on the market imo - ALIA Royal Jordanian Airlines B747-2D3B (M) JY-AFA by AV400. A combi B747 is more fascinating than anything. The scheme is beautifully made and the model still looks great after all those years! AV's GE CF6-50B2 featured the correct shape and sizes.

View attachment 29337

And that is it for the day. What model is ylur most favorite in this batch?

The three models are super cool. I'll pick the Turkmenistan 777 as the most exotic one :)

By the way, so... have you flown with them? Did you visit Ashgabat? That seems to be a very bizarre country.

A beauty indeed. I am surprised to see a shop still has them for sale after all those years! A well created model indeed.

The three models are super cool. I'll pick the Turkmenistan 777 as the most exotic one :)

By the way, so... have you flown with them? Did you visit Ashgabat? That seems to be a very bizarre country.
Yes it is the most exotic ones, I hope to get the B77W as well as it is on the “flown-on list”

Regarding the flight, yes I took them from my place to Frankfurt, both flights were on their 2 B77Ws (I flew both). Nah I was just transiting through for around 4 hours. It is actually difficult to get a visa into Turkmenistan, as it requires an invitation letter from the govt. The airport is empty and I like that. The wifi is heavily censored, I can only text and send on Vietnamese message apps but not on Western ones.

There's a lot of models being made in China by Panda and JC Wings exclusively for the local market. These 3 73Gs are recent Taobao arrivals, The two on the ends are by C Models and the one in the middle is Blue Wings. Great if you're a Chinese collector like me but you really have to keep your eye's open to find out they exist sometimes.

DSC06770.JPG

There's a lot of models being made in China by Panda and JC Wings exclusively for the local market. These 3 73Gs are recent Taobao arrivals, The two on the ends are by C Models and the one in the middle is Blue Wings. Great if you're a Chinese collector like me but you really have to keep your eye's open to find out they exist sometimes.

View attachment 29387
I find it near impossible to order stuff on Taobao to Australia. How do you manage to do it from the UK?