Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

My last batch before the move abroad (i already bought a model over there lol) and it’s a large ones (and also a long post) with some interesting models, each with their very own story.

First, let’s start with a tiny model - probably the smallest in the scale of 1:400 - Aerolitoral SAAB SF-340 XA-TKT by JCW. Despite being made 11 years ago, the model still looks very fine and the gears are well-proportioned - unlike the recent ones made by GJ. Such a shame that many models released later, when technologies are more advanced, has even worse quality then their predecessor.
View attachment 28903

Things are gettin’ bigger - YTO Express B757-28S(PCF) B-2859 by HYJL. One of the earlier 752 and sadly suffers from bubbling - a quite common issue for some early HYJL and NG. I have eyed this model for around 2 years and glad to capture one despite its issue. Though the JCW are lying everywhere for a much cheaper price, the mould refinement is unmatched to that of NG’s.

View attachment 28904

Another early 752 release by NG, which also came in the form of tin box like the the previous HYJL - China Postal Airlines B757-2Y0(PCF) B-2827. This is one of the newest members joining the Chinese-registered collection, which still misses many airlines, both from passenger and freighter companies.

View attachment 28905

The 2 above 757s were purchased later from the same guy who sold me this 757 (yes, I admit I have addiction for 757s) - a quite hard to come-by model these days - Tajik Air B757-2Q8 EY-751 - a variant release of the Taban Air since the latter shared the livery with the former. Variant release is a practice commonly used by many manufacturers and I think it is not a bad thing at all - manufacturers don’t have to make so many models that won’t sell while collectors have more livery choices. I got the Taban from the earliest NG Exchange Mall. The aligned parking looks good to my eyes.

View attachment 28906

Half of this batch is the NG Models Boeing 757 family and this is the last member of them - the white sample B757-300wl with Pratts - a model I thought I would receive earlier but not due to heavy traffics at the border of VN and China. I am amazed by the sheer length of the 753 - which fits entirely to its dedicated spot at my diorama.

View attachment 28910

Now, it’s the widebody trio. Let’s begin with a 4 engine machine - an Aeroflot IL96-300 RA-96008 by PHX. PHX has since released another reg for the livery + type combo. Nonetheless I find the original release much better thanks to its well-placed window lines and not too high mid gears. This is a model that I thought I would never get just simply because of its popularity. Another model off the bucket list - another model to my good ol’ classic collection.

View attachment 28907

One of the rare 2024 releases I have got till today - Airbus Transport A300B4-608ST F-GSTA Beluga "01" by JCW. I am not off to a good start since the starboard wing came loose and pulled out lots of paints - where is QC?

View attachment 28909

I tend to steer clear from interactive because of its large gap - but I found it to be more while displaying. Here it is after I have fixed the wing, and its nose is opening - a Beluga loader would be perfectttt!

View attachment 28908

The post has been terribly long, but the last one is also the most interesting one - the star of the show. Starboard wing also came loose, with 1 bubble on its top fuselage, and the white paint turned yellow (but not as worse as my CX B743) - introducing Delta L1011-200 Tristar N730DA by NG. A 2019 release that would be really hard to come across and demanded top dollar. This is also my first Tristar -200 series and I am currently missing the -500 to complete the L1011 family. I would try my best to have a photoshoot with this DL, if time permits.

View attachment 28911

And lastly, a photoshoot of the whole batch.
View attachment 28902

And these are the last models I received by myself here in Vietnam. I hope you all enjoy this post. I will embark on a new journey next week.

Super awesome models!!! Congrats!!
The most beautiful surely is the Delta Tristar, but I do like the 757s and the IL-96 aswell.
That Saab 340 looks really great, with nicely sized gears.

My last batch before the move abroad (i already bought a model over there lol) and it’s a large ones (and also a long post) with some interesting models, each with their very own story.

First, let’s start with a tiny model - probably the smallest in the scale of 1:400 - Aerolitoral SAAB SF-340 XA-TKT by JCW. Despite being made 11 years ago, the model still looks very fine and the gears are well-proportioned - unlike the recent ones made by GJ. Such a shame that many models released later, when technologies are more advanced, has even worse quality then their predecessor.
View attachment 28903

Things are gettin’ bigger - YTO Express B757-28S(PCF) B-2859 by HYJL. One of the earlier 752 and sadly suffers from bubbling - a quite common issue for some early HYJL and NG. I have eyed this model for around 2 years and glad to capture one despite its issue. Though the JCW are lying everywhere for a much cheaper price, the mould refinement is unmatched to that of NG’s.

View attachment 28904

Another early 752 release by NG, which also came in the form of tin box like the the previous HYJL - China Postal Airlines B757-2Y0(PCF) B-2827. This is one of the newest members joining the Chinese-registered collection, which still misses many airlines, both from passenger and freighter companies.

View attachment 28905

The 2 above 757s were purchased later from the same guy who sold me this 757 (yes, I admit I have addiction for 757s) - a quite hard to come-by model these days - Tajik Air B757-2Q8 EY-751 - a variant release of the Taban Air since the latter shared the livery with the former. Variant release is a practice commonly used by many manufacturers and I think it is not a bad thing at all - manufacturers don’t have to make so many models that won’t sell while collectors have more livery choices. I got the Taban from the earliest NG Exchange Mall. The aligned parking looks good to my eyes.

View attachment 28906

Half of this batch is the NG Models Boeing 757 family and this is the last member of them - the white sample B757-300wl with Pratts - a model I thought I would receive earlier but not due to heavy traffics at the border of VN and China. I am amazed by the sheer length of the 753 - which fits entirely to its dedicated spot at my diorama.

View attachment 28910

Now, it’s the widebody trio. Let’s begin with a 4 engine machine - an Aeroflot IL96-300 RA-96008 by PHX. PHX has since released another reg for the livery + type combo. Nonetheless I find the original release much better thanks to its well-placed window lines and not too high mid gears. This is a model that I thought I would never get just simply because of its popularity. Another model off the bucket list - another model to my good ol’ classic collection.

View attachment 28907

One of the rare 2024 releases I have got till today - Airbus Transport A300B4-608ST F-GSTA Beluga "01" by JCW. I am not off to a good start since the starboard wing came loose and pulled out lots of paints - where is QC?

View attachment 28909

I tend to steer clear from interactive because of its large gap - but I found it to be more while displaying. Here it is after I have fixed the wing, and its nose is opening - a Beluga loader would be perfectttt!

View attachment 28908

The post has been terribly long, but the last one is also the most interesting one - the star of the show. Starboard wing also came loose, with 1 bubble on its top fuselage, and the white paint turned yellow (but not as worse as my CX B743) - introducing Delta L1011-200 Tristar N730DA by NG. A 2019 release that would be really hard to come across and demanded top dollar. This is also my first Tristar -200 series and I am currently missing the -500 to complete the L1011 family. I would try my best to have a photoshoot with this DL, if time permits.

View attachment 28911

And lastly, a photoshoot of the whole batch.
View attachment 28902

And these are the last models I received by myself here in Vietnam. I hope you all enjoy this post. I will embark on a new journey next week.
I like how passionate you are about your collection Quanng!

Great arrivals, Jorge! That TAP 707 is a classic beauty! If only we had a decent A310 in that livery too. GJ version sucks.

Thanks Leo! The TAP 707 eluded me for a good while, such a relief to finally have it. I have now gotten many of the 707s on my most wanted list (2 Ecuatorianas, one Aerolíneas Argentinas, and 2 TAPs) next is a Lan Chile in the 1980s livery. That one is going to be hard...

I have that TAP A310 by GJ 😅. Got it without box and it looked like the previous owner was a six-year-old. I managed to straighten it up alright, it was cheap though.

This one looks a bit better than other recent AC 74s. (I can almost hear Phantom saying "I don't know what this guy's definition of "a bit better" is 😄)
😅
I think I can agree on that the cockpit is "a bit better" :D

Nice TAP 707 - I've got quite a few AC 707s - most packed away in their boxes, but I wasn't aware of this.

That DL tristar is a SCORE! Congrats!!
Thanks a lot! I got this one from China. A week or 2 before I also saw this exact model posted on FB for sale - dunno who was that lucky guy. Fortunately, I don't pay top dollars for this (and the SU IL96) but these 2 are reaching my own limits.

Super awesome models!!! Congrats!!
The most beautiful surely is the Delta Tristar, but I do like the 757s and the IL-96 aswell.
That Saab 340 looks really great, with nicely sized gears.
Thank you Leo for your kind words to each models! Yes the Delta is a true gem for this batch, the 757s are just what I wanted for long - and the schemes they replicate are great. The real Flying Pencil fits well to my own 757 collection. And the Saab - wow it is so small that I could not believe, but all well-sized parts.

I like how passionate you are about your collection Quanng!
Thank you Jazajia! It is a hobby that cheers me up all the time. I also wanted to look deeper in the operation history of the real machine as well. Also, I am quite "old" in this hobby for my age - I started when PHX had by then the best-available 77Ws with slot-in wings & other modern features while JC A330s still had those old cradles... And I have been able to witness many changes throughout the time (not all are positive). I can't believe how far and long I have been into this hobby!

Last edited:
There aren't many TAM models that I can slip into my pre-2000 collection criteria for Latin America but PT-MZA was TAM's first A319, and first Airbus, delivered in July 1999, so just about makes the grade. She goes nicely with the Gemini F100 from last year too.

PT-MZA is a 2011 release from Aeroclassics

TAM_A319_01.JPG
TAM_A319_13.JPG

There aren't many TAM models that I can slip into my pre-2000 collection criteria for Latin America but PT-MZA was TAM's first A319, and first Airbus, delivered in July 1999, so just about makes the grade. She goes nicely with the Gemini F100 from last year too.

PT-MZA is a 2011 release from Aeroclassics

View attachment 29031
View attachment 29032

I still wonder why TAM ditched the nice scheme of the F100 for this lousy scheme on the Airbus.
Their A330-200s would look so much better with the stripes!
At least they quickly ditched that too in favor of the main red scheme, which was very nice.

TAM have also painted an A319 as a retrojet in the striped scheme. Looked so nice!

Last edited:
Just a quick grab from the store shelf of a local retailer:
JC Wings KLM B747-400 PH-BFG
20240417_203758.JPG
I bargained a discount for not picking up the included tag, making the price much more berable to me. Kudos for them on unbundling the tags from the model😄
Comparison with an earlier GJ release on the ancient casting:
20240417_203433.JPG20240417_203455.JPG
What strikes me the most are how different the shade of blue is, not a good sign... Though it is rather interesting to think that the newer livery are produced on an older casting😛😛

P.s.The starboard side of the model is totally perfect, whereas the vertical stabilizer on the port side is atrocious with a horrid smudge that I have not been able to notice when I check her at the shop - yikes. (I can't strike a refund on that since I have opened the box at the shop - the other one at the shop has a terribly tilted nose gear, and with my previous nightmare on the LH 744M which fell off after I return home, I think this one would likely work better)20240417_203711.JPGThe installation of the vertical stabilizer is also rather terrible imo.

Why am I constantly getting into QC issues with JC 744s lately??? The AvTags included ones(EVA, EL AL, Lufthansa, KLM) are especially horrid - none of them are able to let me to purchase on first try!

Just a quick grab from the store shelf of a local retailer:
JC Wings KLM B747-400 PH-BFG
View attachment 29053
I bargained a discount for not picking up the included tag, making the price much more berable to me. Kudos for them on unbundling the tags from the model😄
Comparison with an earlier GJ release on the ancient casting:
View attachment 29054View attachment 29055
What strikes me the most are how different the shade of blue is, not a good sign... Though it is rather interesting to think that the newer livery are produced on an older casting😛😛

P.s.The starboard side of the model is totally perfect, whereas the vertical stabilizer on the port side is atrocious with a horrid smudge that I have not been able to notice when I check her at the shop - yikes. (I can't strike a refund on that since I have opened the box at the shop - the other one at the shop has a terribly tilted nose gear, and with my previous nightmare on the LH 744M which fell off after I return home, I think this one would likely work better)View attachment 29052The installation of the vertical stabilizer is also rather terrible imo.

Why am I constantly getting into QC issues with JC 744s lately??? The AvTags included ones(EVA, EL AL, Lufthansa, KLM) are especially horrid - none of them are able to let me to purchase on first try!

That's a lovely Jumbo... too bad about the smudge though :(

4 new arrivals yesterday.

G-STBO (773 Phoenix), G-YMMS (772 GJ), G-VIIY (772 NG) & G-BNWA (763 JC). Model numbers 236, 237, 238 & 239.

Massive delivery due in a couple of weeks..17 models coming from the USA in 1 package!

Attachments

• IMG_9476.png
    IMG_9476.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9474.png
    IMG_9474.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9475.png
    IMG_9475.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9477.png
    IMG_9477.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
After many months of Pre-order, this one finally arrived!

Panda Models (Hilton Miniaturas exclusive)
Boeing 737-400 - Transbrasil - PT-TEL

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 19.02.48.jpeg

A little gem! The first B737-400 of Transbrasil and also the first in Brazil, being delivered in 1989. Panda's mould is very nice but the gear height and nose gear doors bother me a bit. I'll see if I can do something about it.

Anyway, here's the newbie being welcomed by his family members. Real life imitating art (Pokémon, in this case) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 19.02.50.jpeg

After many months of Pre-order, this one finally arrived!

A little gem! The first B737-400 of Transbrasil and also the first in Brazil, being delivered in 1989. Panda's mould is very nice but the gear height and nose gear doors bother me a bit. I'll see if I can do something about it.

Anyway, here's the newbie being welcomed by his family members. Real life imitating art (Pokémon, in this case):LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Gorgeous this is. Agree on the gear length. There are other minor issues. But still prefer this over the JC /GJ one.
Will get this one, now that it's widely available.
And love those 767s! The coloured wings were such a bold yet simple design strategy.

Gorgeous this is. Agree on the gear length. There are other minor issues. But still prefer this over the JC /GJ one.
Will get this one, now that it's widely available.
And love those 767s! The coloured wings were such a bold yet simple design strategy.

Thanks! Indeed, I also prefer the Panda version over the JC version.
JC is good but the fuselage is too thin and makes the plane look longer than it really is. Just an optical illusion, though.
The gear length on the JC Wings version is also an issue.

The 767s with colored wings are really eye-catching for sure! :love: