Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Nice one, I’ve just ordered the KLM E2 so hopefully it’s as good.
I hope, at some point (wishful thinking, but well, man can dream no lol) , KLM will paint one of each current aircraft type at least, in a version of their past schemes (like they did for a 738) - and I'll then be tempted to pick up these PH moderns . The current KLM scheme with that weird dropped jawline is poor design imo.

Just got done uploading some photos of my three latest arrivals.

Lufthansa 747-430(M) D-ABTE by JC Wings
United 767-322ER N666UA by Phoenix
British Airways 767-336ER G-BNWE by Phoenix

You can click on the photos below to see them on the site if you wish. If by the time you click these are no longer the latest photos you can use the handy dandy search tool.

Thanks to West Coast Diecast

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 8.42.59 AM.png

Last edited:
I think this is the first time ever that I received a newly-released model so early. And after such a long time waiting for this airline & aircraft combo in the regular scheme (I was in the process of getting a model representing this airline but the only 3 models available for the type bear special stickers & livery: 1st aircraft of the type to enter commercial service, Star Alliance, 100th aircraft for the airline). By this I think you could guess what model is it. Introducing the Portugese flag carrier - TAP Air Portugal A330-941 CS-TUG by JCW in the standard livery. I bought this model only with its cradle and without its original box (thus commanded a lower price at nearly 30% compared to other TAP A330neo releases). It was also the gamble for me because the description showed the reg of the 100th while the picture was of this actual model (if it was 100th when delivered I couldn’t argue because it was said in the description). I have no idea what does the box of this model look like. My guess is that the box would look like the other 3 TAP neos. This model is highly-likely produced under license by the airline. Here it is brightly-lit under the afternoon sunlight.
IMG_0491.jpeg

Fantastic! from what I see, TAP has a big presence at Brazil, bringing both wide-bodies and narrow-bodies.

It's their biggest international market. I believe they serve some 9 or 10 cities, many with daily flights. Here in Fortaleza we have both the A330 and A321 :)

It's their biggest international market. I believe they serve some 9 or 10 cities, many with daily flights. Here in Fortaleza we have both the A330 and A321 :)

I had not realized they were launching A321s that way from Europe already. I see TAP also takes the A321 from Lisbon to Belém.

New AC American 747-100 arrived. I do like it, but the seam on the belly and bumpy paint leave a lot to be desired.

Just saw on the other forum what today's AC does to the queen of the skies. Different model, same issues here o_O
Back in the days the man himself would have called this a money grab.

Here's a BB/AC wing from the good old times (made in 2003)
Note the crisp demarcations of the corogard around flap tracks and pylons, silver painted pylons and a fine silver wing LE instead of all the botchy stuff on todays output.
20201018_203055.png

Last edited:
Did receive 2 other models yesterday from Waffles. Unfortunately my Etihad was quite heavily defected. Large paint chips, bent wing which I managed to fix, and a broken horizontal stabiliser. Guess he doesn’t quality check models in the collection sale. 50 USD (plus ridiculous shipping) down the drain. Not to mention it was packed with one strip of newspaper… seriously?

Got another package coming soon from Waffles, and don’t have much confidence these will survive the trip in tact. Never again.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    687.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2268.jpeg
    IMG_2268.jpeg
    673.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2267.jpeg
    IMG_2267.jpeg
    617.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Did receive 2 other models yesterday from Waffles. Unfortunately my Etihad was quite heavily defected. Large paint chips, bent wing which I managed to fix, and a broken horizontal stabiliser. Guess he doesn’t quality check models in the collection sale. 50 USD (plus ridiculous shipping) down the drain. Not to mention it was packed with one strip of newspaper… seriously?

Got another package coming soon from Waffles, and don’t have much confidence these will survive the trip in tact. Never again.

If you haven’t receive a wrecked model from Waffle, you just haven’t purchased that many models from him 😂. I’m sure he will allow you yo return the model for a full refund. Not sure how is he handling return shipping costs these days. I have a package from his latest collection sale on the way as well 😶, the first one in a good while.

Honestly with so many updated versions of older models being re-released, all the molds NG is working on, and the state in which many of those second hand models come, collection sales are not the same they used to be. On top of that, the models that still can only be found in collection sales, such as Aeroclassics DC-10s and 707s, are being priced too high.

If you haven’t receive a wrecked model from Waffle, you just haven’t purchased that many models from him 😂. I’m sure he will allow you yo return the model for a full refund. Not sure how is he handling return shipping costs these days. I have a package from his latest collection sale on the way as well 😶, the first one in a good while.
First one out of 23 models that I've brought from him, so I guess I was due one. And shipping costs to the US are ridiculous, so it's not worth sending it back to him. It'll just have to sit on the back shelf :LOL:

If you haven’t receive a wrecked model from Waffle, you just haven’t purchased that many models from him 😂.
Lol is this true? I thought I was the unlucky one only! I only got 4 models from him but 2 new (not Collection Sale) came with paint chip and 1 Collection Sale with cracked paint (zinc rot-ish).