Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

My first arrival in 2024!

Ilyushin IL-62M - Cubana de Aviación - CU-T1225
Gemini Jets

Very positive impressions. What a beautiful model! Some facts: this is only my second Soviet aircraft and also my second Cubana plane.
The first one is a Cubana IL-76 by Model Power. I got this IL-62 from another collector and sadly he lost the little tailwheel in the "tuck in" position. Fortunately the tailwheel in the lowered position is still present, as you can see in the pic!

IMG_0058.JPG

Last edited:
My first arrival in 2024!

Ilyushin IL-62M - Cubana de Aviación - CU-T1225
Gemini Jets

Very positive impressions. What a beautiful model! Some facts: this is only my second Soviet aircraft and also my second Cubana plane.
The first one is a Cubana IL-76 by Model Power. I got this IL-62 from another collector and sadly he lost the little tailwheel in the "tuck in" position. Fortunately the tailwheel in the lowered position was present.

View attachment 26809
Big cheers for a stunning new arrival. Looking forward to see more Soviet metals in your collection.

Did receive 2 other models yesterday from Waffles. Unfortunately my Etihad was quite heavily defected. Large paint chips, bent wing which I managed to fix, and a broken horizontal stabiliser. Guess he doesn’t quality check models in the collection sale. 50 USD (plus ridiculous shipping) down the drain. Not to mention it was packed with one strip of newspaper… seriously?

Got another package coming soon from Waffles, and don’t have much confidence these will survive the trip in tact. Never again.
Waffle may allow you to return for store credit however the cost of both original and return shipping is on the buyer

Waffle may allow you to return for store credit however the cost of both original and return shipping is on the buyer

I'm always amazed about this being legal at all. I mean, the seller sends out a defective product and the buyer has to pay the bills for the return?
That's why I buy within EU where such practice is against the law.

A couple of recent additions (via FB purchase) bring my Aer Lingus green topped fleet up to 5 with 10 EI fleet members altogether. BAC One-Eleven 200 by Gemini Jets and the Fokker 50 (only the 3rd in my collection) by JC Wings.

View attachment 26822

That Fokker 50 is so gorgeous, despite the very chunky (and too long) gears. Massively underrated airplane and poorly represented in 1:400 scale...

6cc367_34d77cb22573413e884c9e6496e45650~mv2.jpg

A couple of recent additions (via FB purchase) bring my Aer Lingus green topped fleet up to 5 with 10 EI fleet members altogether. BAC One-Eleven 200 by Gemini Jets and the Fokker 50 (only the 3rd in my collection) by JC Wings.

View attachment 26822
F50 looks beautiful, didn't know JC released it in that livery before, I love the mould I think it looks pretty good, especially for its age

It may not be the best Tu-154 in 400 scale but you have to hand it to Phoenix-model who are using it very well and taking some great advice onboard from our man @DTcustoms . This pair of colourful trijets represent the first classic Mongolian release and the first Slovakian addition to my collection. Lovely pair of models.

View attachment 26828

Indeed great birds! IMO if Phoenix could ger rid of the tail seam and have a slightly shorter nose gear, their Tu-154 would be greatly improved :)

GJ Delta A320 that my grandma picked up from a trip to Vegas from non other than
T o d d ‘ s E m p o r i u m. Had a few paint issues and a dented nose but I took a white posca to them and looks perfect! Can’t do anything about the nose however. Still pretty happy with the model nonetheless!

IMG_2640.jpeg
IMG_2641.jpegIMG_2642.jpeg

GJ Delta A320 that my grandma picked up from a trip to Vegas from non other than
T o d d ‘ s E m p o r i u m. Had a few paint issues and a dented nose but I took a white posca to them and looks perfect! Can’t do anything about the nose however. Still pretty happy with the model nonetheless!

View attachment 26834
View attachment 26835View attachment 26836
Good pickup by your grandmother! Definitely a good addition if you’re looking to become the Delta Guru of the community.

Pre-orders tend to hold up packages, but finally, stuff is starting to show up.

- Air France DC-10-30 F-BTDC, older JC Wings release from the recent Waffle Collection Sale (I believe he picked it up at the LAX show this last Saturday). Arrived in excellent shape, just very dusty.

The rest of the models came from JetCollector:

- Conviasa A340-600 YV3533 by JC Wings (announced over a year ago - I did not pre-order it then, but still had to wait over a month for it to arrive)

- Alitalia 747-200 I-DEMO by Aeroclassics. I ordered I-DEMT when released, and then added this one to the Conviasa order.

- DrukAir A320neo A5-JKW by Phoenix. DrukAir's first mass-produced model in any scale.

DSC_3126.jpg
DSC_3128.jpg

It may not be the best Tu-154 in 400 scale but you have to hand it to Phoenix-model who are using it very well and taking some great advice onboard from our man @DTcustoms . This pair of colourful trijets represent the first classic Mongolian release and the first Slovakian addition to my collection. Lovely pair of models.

View attachment 26828
These 2 are indeed lovely and have turned out well too. With PH announcing another Slovak - will be nice to fleet build - such a lovely, understated scheme. Curious how PH translated the rudder artwork though for both - quite a bit of detailing there.

The previous 2 Balkans looked a bit weird at their nose ends - but these 2 seem to be fine

Pre-orders tend to hold up packages, but finally, stuff is starting to show up.

- Air France DC-10-30 F-BTDC, older JC Wings release from the recent Waffle Collection Sale (I believe he picked it up at the LAX show this last Saturday). Arrived in excellent shape, just very dusty.

The rest of the models came from JetCollector:

- Conviasa A340-600 YV3533 by JC Wings (announced over a year ago - I did not pre-order it then, but still had to wait over a month for it to arrive)

- Alitalia 747-200 I-DEMO by Aeroclassics. I ordered I-DEMT when released, and then added this one to the Conviasa order.

- DrukAir A320neo A5-JKW by Phoenix. DrukAir's first mass-produced model in any scale.

View attachment 26842
View attachment 26841

Nice colorful new arrivals! I didn't know about that Air France DC-10 model by JC Wings.
Too bad it's rare. It would be a great donor for customs but it sucks to use a rare model for that purpose...

Finanlly have some time to organize models I bought throughout the month😀

1) A model that popped up unexpectedly
Phoenix A340-600 A6-EHJ Etihad "F1 2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix" livery
20240129_220207.JPG
She just pops out of nowhere - my original target is Jinair 772 that was sold by the same collector - but somehow that one was sold but this one is still available😂😂

Here comes a pair of Malaysian Airlines B747-400
20240129_215504.JPG
2) BB 9M-MPP "Retro" livery
20240129_215404.JPG
Condition of the model itself is OK, but the box was like it's been stucked at the bottom of the shop's storage for a long time😶

3) PH 9M-MPD "Hibiscus" livery
20240129_215259.JPG
I would not have bought this one since I despise PH 744s - yet since I failed to find any else I ultimately resorted to this one.

And a few more MH planes - an A330 and a 738
4) AC A330-200 9M-MKX 90s livery
20240129_221155.JPG
This one comes with bubbling - and ever since I noticed it, I just find it more and more dreadful - but hey, I don't have choice😢😢
20240129_221536.JPG20240129_221615.JPG
5) GJ B738 9M-MXS Negaraku livery
20240129_231552.JPG

Ultimately an old Dragon at a reasonable price:
6) Dragon Wings B747-400ER N747ER20240120_221428.JPG

3) PH 9M-MPD "Hibiscus" livery
View attachment 26881
I would not have bought this one since I despise PH 744s - yet since I failed to find any else I ultimately resorted to this one.

From time to time, I come across a listing on Ebay of a Dragon Wings version of this Hibiscus 747.
Check it out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/384767482223?hash=item5995edd96f:g:T7EAAOxyFrNRyn9U

There's this one too:

Latest arrivals.

Phoenix GulfAir 767-300
GJ Braniff. Calder Flying Colors 727-200
GJ USAirways Express CRJ200
Dragon Carnival A300 (custom victim)

I got the Gulf Traveler 767. I got it from Eztoys years ago as part of one of those "spend so much and we'll throw a free model in your order." When my son gets overly interested in my collection I hand that model to him to divert his attention lol.