Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

haha that Carnival A300 is such a nice victim. I have 4 of them, and 3 were used as donors: VASP early 80s colors, VASP late 80s colors and Cruzeiro.
One is intact because I like the model too. I have to get another one to make a Varig custom this time!

I have one too in my donor's drawer, though I might keep it as is. Seems like every single Waffle collection sale has one of those for $20 😅

I got the Gulf Traveler 767. I got it from Eztoys years ago as part of one of those "spend so much and we'll throw a free model in your order." When my son gets overly interested in my collection I hand that model to him to divert his attention lol.
🤣🤣 I got this one because I needed a replacement piece. But looked nice so it was saved. Came with a broken nose gear though.

haha that Carnival A300 is such a nice victim. I have 4 of them, and 3 were used as donors: VASP early 80s colors, VASP late 80s colors and Cruzeiro.
One is intact because I like the model too. I have to get another one to make a Varig custom this time!
I think the same. I have another one that will remain Carnival. This one will become Taca Cargo.

From time to time, I come across a listing on Ebay of a Dragon Wings version of this Hibiscus 747.
Thanks for the info! But I ain't hating PH 747s as I used to and I am now OK with them. (Though they really ain't good I have to say)

I ain't in the mood to re-sell nor it ain't annoy me to the point that I want her to disappear from my collection like in the past, so I think I'll just stick with the PH version for some time😂😂

Thanks for the info! But I ain't hating PH 747s as I used to and I am now OK with them. (Though they really ain't good I have to say)

I ain't in the mood to re-sell nor it ain't annoy me to the point that I want her to disappear from my collection like in the past, so I think I'll just stick with the PH version for some time😂😂

I think the PH version of Hibiscus is pretty good compared to their other 747s. Accurate cockpit printing, better wing height, and most importantly, very accurate and vibrant color. As a comparison, another of my PH 747, the Cathay Asian City livery one, is not so good unfortunately (bend down wing, low cockpit).

Inspired by Leo's Cubana IL--62M arrival, I would like to share my arrival from today with the box as the background. A beautifully made China Southern Cargo B777-F1B B-20EN by NGModels. Compared to the Air France Cargo B77L I have, this one has the correct nose gear height (it was low on the AF). This model completes my "Big 3 Chinese airlines' freighter branch" collection, which includes the other B777F from China Cargo (part of China Eastern) by JC and Air China Cargo by PHX. I intentionally chose to get NG's iteration though I could get the PHX's one for the same good price but then NG shows its value (and I can have different moulds too). One special arrival is incoming but is highly likely to be postponed to the 2nd week of Feb because of our incoming Lunar New Year holiday (it is a week to go but many courier services have stopped taking in shipments which is a headache). That one would be a banger and I hope it arrive safe and sound. Make a guess what's coming next (hint: it is not on the database even!).
20240131_150447_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Another few early birthday gifts! Last 2/3 I need to complete all those 732 releases they dropped last year! I’m not too sure what happened with the Wavy Gravy DL Express but may need to try and get another example sometime down the road. Still happy the Widget came out great given i’ve seen some rough examples of it prior.

IMG_2698.jpegIMG_2699.jpegIMG_2700.jpegIMG_2704.jpegIMG_2702.jpegIMG_2703.jpeg

Lined up with their counterparts!

IMG_2708.jpegIMG_2710.jpeg

Another few early birthday gifts! Last 2/3 I need to complete all those 732 releases they dropped last year! I’m not too sure what happened with the Wavy Gravy DL Express but may need to try and get another example sometime down the road. Still happy the Widget came out great given i’ve seen some rough examples of it prior.

View attachment 26970View attachment 26963View attachment 26964View attachment 26965View attachment 26966View attachment 26967

Lined up with their counterparts!

View attachment 26968View attachment 26969

Very good looking little birds. Makes me think of how cool would be to see a diorama with several old Deltas lined up.

Something new just pops up at my local retailer - likely be my last batch of models before Lunar New Year.
20240204_003046.JPG
Phoenix B747-8F Cathay Cargo B-LJN
20240204_002421.JPG
Phoenix A340-300 Air Mauritius 3B-NAV
20240204_003135.JPG
Quite nice and comes without major issues, very happy with them😀

P.s. Somehow have chance to compare JC and Phoenix 748F hump - boy JC's 748F are much more awful than I originally expect🥲
20240204_002600.JPG

Something new just pops up at my local retailer - likely be my last batch of models before Lunar New Year.
View attachment 27054
View attachment 27052
View attachment 27055

P.s. Somehow have chance to compare JC and Phoenix 748F hump - boy JC's 748F are much more awful than I originally expect🥲
View attachment 27053
I don't own any JC non-interactive 748F. do they also have that awful hump?

View attachment 27054
View attachment 27052
View attachment 27055

View attachment 27053

Beautiful birds! Phoenix did a nice job.
The hump of the GJ/JC B747-8F is indeed horrendous!!! The short nose gears doesn't help either...