Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

I just got back from uni and new models came! (Yes I am getting many models as of late, I admit). These came in the form of pre-orders (3 from Taobao) and pre-owned from the secondhand site. A kinda diverse set, I must say. I will introduce the models in the same sequence as I opened the box:

- A 2nd-hand purchase that I have thought for a long time due to the inactivity of the real machine. When I checked on FR24 and saw her flying after the long 4 year hibernation. I decided to grab this model, and luckily it still waited for me. Hong Kong Airlines A320-200 B-LPK by Skywings 1:400 (Skywings was a big model shop in China and they cooperated with brands making models for their store, PM is their frequent partner) using PandaModels initial mould with the dated small landing gears. With the added aerials as compared to its original mould, the model still looks good in 2023! For Hong Kong Airlines passenger jet, I considered between this wing-fence version and its winglet counterpart. Spoiler alert: the price paid a major role in choosing which one. Also the A332 from PM was in the discussion board, nonetheless its active flying days are still far from now, not a choice for me.

- The next 3 models cams from the preorder which was delivered around a month from when I ordered. The stunningly beautiful and colorful low cost carrier fron Thailand - Nok Air Boeing 737-800WL HS-DBY with the purple scent by PandaModels. Interestingly, the light green livery (HS-DBZ) was more popular and was sold out by many stores on Taobao. The store which still has HS-DBZ lists them around at least 20% higher than its original price - inflation for the model world! Besides I like the striking look of dark purple more. One thing to notice is that the cradle for PM B738 does not contain adequate space from the front underbody antenna.

- Ah, the domes, the canoes! Russian Air Force (title-less) Tu 214PU-SBUS RA-64530 by PandaModels! Waitttt? I think PM has the largest share of my arrivals this year - from good oldies to the latest releases! PM captured well all the antennas. Also I feel that the landing gear is somewhat higher than the original Air Koryo Tu204 they made 2 years ago, which makes it good! I kinda rushed to purchase this model as NG just announced that same model!

- Save the best for the last, the quadjet is here! I heard some clink noise when holding the box! Maybe the shop included for me a stand, I thought! Introducing Aeroflot Ilyushin IL86 CCCP-86096 by JCWings - very nice reg! Initially I didn't think of getting this model as I already have the GJ CCCP version. But I thought this would be a nice addition, so why don't I get it? So I got it!

The starboard view of 4 models:

View attachment 23307
The port view of 4 models:
View attachment 23308
And did that noise make you wonder? Unfortunately, it is the sound from a detached starboard horizontal stabilized. I don't know why within these 3 recent orders, not all models came in one piece. I just wonder, why? Bad luck I guess, but quick fix it was. I just hope no more models came loose or missing parts, I had too much!
View attachment 23309

Thank you all for viewing this extremely long new-arrival post!

You're having so many cool models lately! And so many detached parts too :oops: :ROFLMAO:
It has happened to me aswell but it's very rare...

The Aeroflot IL-86 is my favorite. Super nice USSR classic bird.

You're having so many cool models lately! And so many detached parts too :oops: :ROFLMAO:
It has happened to me aswell but it's very rare...

The Aeroflot IL-86 is my favorite. Super nice USSR classic bird.
Thank you so much Leo! It is actually my effort to diversify my collection, getting something strange off the beaten track is also in the plan!

The SU IL86 CCCP is beautiful, I think I gonna have a full detailed photo shoot soon!

Actually, how can I define ultimate bad luck? These new arrivals prove really really well!

- Starting off with Malaysia Airlines A350-900 9M-MAG "Negaraku" by NGModels - a model which I had in my collection in the beginning of the year but did not have a formal introduction. During a recent fleet swap, a friend of mine got the original copy - which had one of its antenna missing. I chose this successor, as by the pictures, all antennas were in place, so as other parts. I wasn't expected of this incoming, despite the model is brand new. I guess this release was severely hit with QC issues, as other models sold on taobao also had at least some kind of defects. Maybe it is due to the seller who checked the model beforehand and the part felt out without his/her notice.

- One of my long-wanted models - Gulfair B787-9 A9C-FA by JCW. I think I have learnt my mistake the hard way by not getting this model when it was on sale and received discounts - I thought waiting should be the key to prioritize other models. I was wrong and repeated this mistake over and over, again! Luckily (as the first thought), I found this model on sale, the condition was great. So I took the chance and grab it! It was fine in most of the case.

So you guys might be wondering, what happened? I let the picture speak for itself.

20231019_223256_HDR.jpg

20231019_223645_HDR.jpg

20231019_223733_HDR.jpg

Till date, I am utterly disappointed, that within a week when 9 models were delivered, 4 came with detached parts and 1 got a missing port horizontal stabilizer. I hope that all the bad luck ends here! And also, I also wish you all a great day ahead! Don't be pessimistic when opening the model boxes!

Actually, how can I define ultimate bad luck? These new arrivals prove really really well!

- Starting off with Malaysia Airlines A350-900 9M-MAG "Negaraku" by NGModels - a model which I had in my collection in the beginning of the year but did not have a formal introduction. During a recent fleet swap, a friend of mine got the original copy - which had one of its antenna missing. I chose this successor, as by the pictures, all antennas were in place, so as other parts. I wasn't expected of this incoming, despite the model is brand new. I guess this release was severely hit with QC issues, as other models sold on taobao also had at least some kind of defects. Maybe it is due to the seller who checked the model beforehand and the part felt out without his/her notice.

- One of my long-wanted models - Gulfair B787-9 A9C-FA by JCW. I think I have learnt my mistake the hard way by not getting this model when it was on sale and received discounts - I thought waiting should be the key to prioritize other models. I was wrong and repeated this mistake over and over, again! Luckily (as the first thought), I found this model on sale, the condition was great. So I took the chance and grab it! It was fine in most of the case.

So you guys might be wondering, what happened? I let the picture speak for itself.

View attachment 23346

View attachment 23347

View attachment 23345

Till date, I am utterly disappointed, that within a week when 9 models were delivered, 4 came with detached parts and 1 got a missing port horizontal stabilizer. I hope that all the bad luck ends here! And also, I also wish you all a great day ahead! Don't be pessimistic when opening the model boxes!
Yikes..luckily minimal paint chipping. Can use some vallejo white to touch up the small chips, then with some glue and precise hands...walla those models will look good as new.

View attachment 23346

View attachment 23347

View attachment 23345

Oh god, I hope your bad luck ends soon!

Yikes..luckily minimal paint chipping. Can use some vallejo white to touch up the small chips, then with some glue and precise hands...walla those models will look good as new.
Luckily, all the defective models I received got minimal paint chip which I dom’t need to repair. The utter bad luck is that the port horizontal stab of the MAS A359 went missing, which I don’t know where to source the replacement part. i tried contacting the seller and hopefully receive some good news. Nonetheless I might contact NG directly.
Oh god, I hope your bad luck ends soon!
I hope so too as some new releases NG will be arriving the following week or so. I am kinda depressed right now. But then I try to be optimistic.

Catching up on some Aeroclassics releases I recently picked up N301DL. I’m already familiar with the AC 732 mould and honestly would say it’s better than the current GJ one (this is obviously due to GJs is more primitive) we have aside from printing issues AC tends to have (from what i’ve noticed). I do think the nose on the AC mould has a few issues like the Wavy Gravy in the 5th picture. However this one has a significant improvement. I’m no expert on moulds so I’ll leave the more detailed parts up to you guys. However I seem to be unlucky with some defects on the underbelly in picture 3. I’m not sure what this is necessarily but given AC doesn’t have an actual shiny underbelly it seems to be a printing problem? Correct me if i’m wrong of course. Regardless I find this model another great addition to my classic fleet and look forward to the other 4 I look to obtain. (Comparison to GJ’s N331DL in the 4th picture)

IMG_1340.jpegIMG_1341.jpegIMG_1343.jpegIMG_1344.jpegIMG_1345.jpeg

Your 737 Wavy Gravy seems to have an overpolished nose. Too pointy. Sadly it seems this issue is quite recurrent with later AC 732 releases.

New arrivals from west coast diecast

NG AirAsia A330 in "Girl's Front Line" livery. I have to declare now, this has officially become my MODEL OF THR YEAR :love: !!! So beautiful!!
NG Alaska Salmon
NG Si Chuan "Panda Route" A350, this also makes my Sichuan Airlines A350 special livery count to 4, only missing B-301D.

IMG_5619.jpgIMG_5618.jpg
IMG_5617.jpgIMG_5616.jpg
IMG_5615 2.jpg

Attaching an image of the real plane which I spotted in 2019 at CTU.

WechatIMG404.jpeg

Last edited:
New arrivals from west coast diecast

NG AirAsia A330 in "Girl's Front Line" livery. I have to declare now, this has officially become my MODEL OF THR YEAR :love: !!! So beautiful!!
NG Alaska Salmon
NG Si Chuan "Panda Route" A350, this also makes my Sichuan Airlines A350 special livery count to 4, only missing B-301D.

View attachment 23374View attachment 23376
View attachment 23377View attachment 23378
View attachment 23379

Attaching an image of the real plane which I spotted in 2019 at CTU.

View attachment 23386
Is the University games one from AV400? I have the AV400 one and its really nice :)

Newest acquisitions today! The stunningly blue Russian Post Tu-204 by Panda and Royal Flight 777-300ER by JC. Not sure if Royal Flight sent their 77W to DXB, perhaps once or twice, but it's a shame they're gone. I'm happy I got to see them a few times :)View attachment 23485

Two very interesting models. Awesome to see the Tupolev in a full blue livery! Painted wings are always cool.

Here’s my newest model:

My first Phoenix model, Lufthansa A340-300. Very solid model, great mold. Overall, a very nice addition to my collection, will come in handy for all of my airports. Here are some pics!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10